Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

List Properties that offer Free Breakfast for Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List Properties that offer Free Breakfast for Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:18 am

Please add...

A couple of Starwood hotels in Japan:

* Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers
- restaurant

* Sheraton Miyako Hotel, Osaka
- restaurant

* The Westin Awaji Island Resort and Conference Center
- restaurant

* The Westin Miyako, Kyoto
- club lounge or restaurant

* The Westin Osaka
- club lounge or restaurant

* Sheraton Miyako Hotel, Tokyo
- restaurant

To the OP:
If possible, could you categorize your list by region so that it would be a bit easier to look?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Sheraton Lisbon, as a Plat could eat Breakfast in the Lounge or in the Restaurant.

The Sheraton Stockholm when the Lounge was closed on the weekend, got free drink, a free appetizer (at the bar), and Breakfast in the restaurant.

I have an upcoming stay at the Sheraton Nicolaus Hotel (Bari, Italy) no lounge, I emailed and asked about Breakfast and they told me they would provide it for free, (this is on a free weekend night stay) I think this is because I asked but good to note.

Sheraton Antalya, Turkey (no lounge) asked at check in about breakfast there was a call to the manager and I was granted it in the restaurant.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:54 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Cheap Elite already mentioned my post concerning the Four Points Fort Walton Beach/Destin. They offer 2 buffet breakfast coupons per night. The buffet was pretty good including an omelet stand and waffles.

But I also just stayed at the Sheraton Metairie in New Orleans. While the Metairie has a lounge that provides breakfast during weekdays, it is closed on the weekends. So they gave me 2 free buffet breakfast coupons for my Friday night stay there. The buffet there is pretty sparse though. Not very much to choose from.

Four Points Fort Walton Beach/Destin - 2 breakfast coupons per night - decent buffet

Sheraton Metairie New Orleans - lounge during week, 2 coupons per night on weekends - sparse buffet
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:39 pm

Sheraton Mission Valley, San Diego - Contiental Breakfast Voucher available for Plat in restaurant. Weekdays in the Club Lounge.

Sheraton Sapporo, Japan - Full Breakfast Buffet. Choice of Japanese buffet (on top floor) or American style (Lobby Restaurant).
Old Jul 19, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Exclamation

Again, I strongly suggest Starwood makes this a standard benefit for Platinum. This is really not an issue in Asia as almost all Asian properties offer this for platinum. To be competitive with Marriot, Hyatt and Hilton, Starwood needs to do this. It's no brainer for me to book away from Starwood after the free weekend promo ends.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Add FOUR POINTS MANCHESTER NH to the list. They give one voucher for a free breakfast in the restaurant for the Plat member. Sounds nice enough, but the breakfast spread is bad. In fact, it's really bad.

I almost always pass on the free breakfast, based on previous experiences there. The restaurant staff is always clueless -- wearing wrinkled shirts and old tennis shoes. The buffet is comprised of all "prefab food" -- things like cheap, frozen food service pastries and biscuits. This is the sort of thing that I know *wood has worked hard to rid the brand of.....

Anyway, they do give a breakfast, but until things change, I'd advise you steer clear.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Updated till here
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Suzhou does have a lounge but I think it's not open for breakfast. Instead plats (+1 guest) get buffet breakfast in the main restaurant.

Four points Leominster (MA) offers breakfast buffet.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by jimmychang
Again, I strongly suggest Starwood makes this a standard benefit for Platinum. This is really not an issue in Asia as almost all Asian properties offer this for platinum. To be competitive with Marriot, Hyatt and Hilton, Starwood needs to do this. It's no brainer for me to book away from Starwood after the free weekend promo ends.
In fact, earlier this year Marriott issued orders to recalcitrant properties (which had been providing weekend comped breakfast to platinums in lieu of a closed lounge) that such courtesy should be immediately discontinued. Apparently the idea was to conserve every dime during the economic downturn. As posted in numerous threads on the Marriott board, most properties have complied.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Four Points Pudong [Shanghai] also gave a free breakfast cert? but it might be because the place was being renovated.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 1:07 am

At least it's still offered on weekdays! Hyatt went ahead to offer full breakfast even!

Originally Posted by ohmark
In fact, earlier this year Marriott issued orders to recalcitrant properties (which had been providing weekend comped breakfast to platinums in lieu of a closed lounge) that such courtesy should be immediately discontinued. Apparently the idea was to conserve every dime during the economic downturn. As posted in numerous threads on the Marriott board, most properties have complied.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Great thread and resource.

I know there is a mixture of responses on this thread but not sure what benefits for some on the list are above and beyond Platinum benefit, since these have Club or Executive Lounges (and the premise on the first post was those that did not have them):

Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel
Sheraton Old Town Alexandria - Alexandria - VA
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit--listed several times under different spellings
Sheraton SFO Gateway
Sheraton Suites on the Hudson - Weehawken - NJ (now Sheraton Lincoln Harbor)
Sheraton Suites San Diego at Symphony Hall (Buffet breakfast plus free drink)
Westin GuangZhou
Westin Rotterdam
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
St. Regis Beijing

We just spent 5 nights at St. Regis Beijing, with my 13 year old daughter. I was told on the morning that we left that breakfast is free for Plat., since April 2009. We ended up having free breakfast twice in 5 days for the 3 of us.

This is the only St. Regis that I'm aware of that offers Plat free breakfast.^ Regular price for breakfast is 218 RMB plus service charge, more expensive than dinner at 168 RMB plus service charge. My daughter likesd the breakfast here than at LRM Shanghai.

Hotel occupancy in Beijing has suffered since the Olympics and recent problems with H1N1. I think the St. Regis initiated the free breakfast for Plat plus other Plat benefits (there is a written list at the front desk when checking in) to attract more Plat members. This is counter to the cost savings measures other hotels are implementing.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by CIT85

This is the only St. Regis that I'm aware of that offers Plat free breakfast.^ .
So does SR. Shanghai. Basically, in Asia, that's the norm.

Last edited by jimmychang; Jul 20, 2009 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 20, 2009, 2:08 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I had a pleasant surprise for my first stay at the Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown, the weekend of 7/11 for one night.

As with many business oriented properties, the Club Lounge is closed on weekends (Sat-Sun), but they still sell Club Rooms. They make up for it nicely, however. I was given two vouchers upon check-in (when they informed my I had been upgraded to Club Level, but that the lounge was closed). Each was good for:

*Breakfast for two at the buffet (continental only). The upcharge for the full buffet is only $3/person, and our waitress only charged us for one because she thought my BF "didn't eat very much" lol

or

*Appetizers for two in the Lobby Lounge, plus (non-alcoholic) beverages. There is a full bar menu, with the voucher you can order two items from the "appetizer" section. We had Nachos and Chicken Satay Skewers. Both were LARGE portions, and very good! Satisfying enough for a light dinner, we did not have to eat before we went to the theater (SPAMalot at the Ahmanson, hilarious!).

I've seen some properties offer free breakfast in lieu of a closed Club Lounge, but I've never seen them also offer free appetizers. It was a great deal; I figure the food comped was at least worth like a $60 F&B credit. Considering the room was only $99, I think it was a great deal. ^

Last edited by JonathanIT; Jul 20, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.