Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
IMHO, Marriott's restrictive rules about club access at resorts encouraged this change. This resort could have rebranded as Marriott and club access will be denied to Platinum without paying. Management chose to closed the club instead.
Surely as a Sheraton they were allowed to keep a lounge as it was or does Marriott dictate certain things that meant they needed to close it? I am disappointed by Marriott as the one thing people have told me is Marriott despite plenty of downsides is they like consistency and I had hoped they would have goe with all Sheraton hotels/resorts need a lounge and enforced it! Seems its quite the opposite!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Wow - this is truly a shame. I have a 12-night stay booked here for Spring 2019. The lounge was a significant part of my decision to book this property. I will be cancelling and booking elsewhere...
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by smokie
Wow - this is truly a shame. I have a 12-night stay booked here for Spring 2019. The lounge was a significant part of my decision to book this property. I will be cancelling and booking elsewhere...
Please communicate with the hotel and let them know why you are cancelling. Thx
ftrichard likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Please communicate with the hotel and let them know why you are cancelling. Thx
Done. Not sure they will care though as it was a points stay.

Hoping for a nice opening special rate from the Westin or JW now!
margarita girl and ftrichard like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Surely as a Sheraton they were allowed to keep a lounge as it was or does Marriott dictate certain things that meant they needed to close it? I am disappointed by Marriott as the one thing people have told me is Marriott despite plenty of downsides is they like consistency and I had hoped they would have goe with all Sheraton hotels/resorts need a lounge and enforced it! Seems its quite the opposite!
I just got off the phone with the Marriott. I'm a lifetime Plat Elite as well as Plat Elite Premier. I think it's ridiculous that they close their club with a 1 day advance notice and no form of resort credit or compensation for Plat members. The agent was great. She called SPG first. She said they are closing ALL the club lounges in Sheraton Resorts - not just the Full Moon. That sucks! It didn't sound like it was a Marriott decision. Marriotts have always been VERY consistent and excellent about upgrades, lounge access, etc. She then called the hotel itself and said that they kind of gave her the run-around. She followed up with an email directly to the hotel and cc'ed me asking them about what their upgrade policy is as well as what their plan is for the club lounge benefits. I was told by the agent when booking that with my status they would upgrade me to the biggest/best room/suite available. According to the hotel they were only offering a 1 level upgrade. We'll see what they reply back with.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfks35
...........She said they are closing ALL the club lounges in Sheraton Resorts - not just the Full Moon. That sucks..............
Shocking news but I doubt its veracity. Many agents make up "facts" from time to time.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
She called SPG first. She said they are closing ALL the club lounges in Sheraton Resorts - not just the Full Moon. That sucks! It didn't sound like it was a Marriott decision.
Well, we can test this. Off the top of my head, there's a Club Lounge at the Sheraton Nha Trang and the Sheraton Hua Hin. Are these closed now too?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Well, we can test this. Off the top of my head, there's a Club Lounge at the Sheraton Nha Trang and the Sheraton Hua Hin. Are these closed now too?
I believe the agent said that were going to close all the clubs at the resorts this year. I'm not sure if the clubs at those two properties have been closed yet. They might be. Feel free to call the Marriott or SPG to get another data point and see what they say. Could be mis-information from the agent I spoke with but she was very thorough! She called SPG then she also called the Sheraton Full Moon and followed it up with an e-mail.

I'd love to hear what others heard from SPG recently about this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by ftrichard
There is also one at Sheraton Tenerife, the website still shows it is offering to sell them middle of next year. So either not updated yet or agent didn't know what they are talking about. If true it is a big issue to me and anothe rpush away from this disaster of a merger,
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:00 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
She said they are closing ALL the club lounges in Sheraton Resorts - not just the Full Moon.
I could be wrong, but I call BS on this one. Sheraton Hua Hin lounge is alive and well as far as I know.
porkie likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is either a huge news or huge lie.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:45 pm

I called the Sheraton today and they confirmed that they weren't aware of any mass club lounge closings for Sheraton Resorts. Mis-informed agent.
TerryK and margarita girl like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:41 am

Will post more when I have time, but just did a couple of nights here for convenience and would simply avoid anyone (Elite or otherwise) to avoid what is a poorly run, really couldn't care property.

Music playing until 23.15 you can't escape from, 4 separate requests to get shampoo and body wash in the room when you arrive (including to the manager on Duty), requests to have the resort manage get in touch ignored while having no hot water and kettles that burn you.

Easily the worst property I have stayed at in many years in regards complete absence of management or being able to even get the basics right. Only plus is the breakfast is better than expected!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
I booked with points in advance 7 nights on next late August.

maybe better to change ? Unfortunately no other Marriott options at the same points x night rate (50 k).

I could use the points to pay most of the 10 nights (in Bali) before to get in Maldives and choose a non Marriott resort

very undecided what to do
Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Dav77
I booked with points in advance 7 nights on next late August.

maybe better to change ? Unfortunately no other Marriott options at the same points x night rate (50 k).

I could use the points to pay most of the 10 nights (in Bali) before to get in Maldives and choose a non Marriott resort

very undecided what to do
I will post more details in the next few days but if the idea is to experience the Maldives then you really won't at this resort. I came here knowing that and only using it as a couple of days stop for ease but I couldn't wait to leave, it is neither a good option to see the Maldives or a good option as a 'cheap' beach holiday.

As for the $90 per person buffet in the evening, just avoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.