Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Rental mini-fridge at Westin Aruba? (and other SPG properties)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA

Greetings,

My wife and I just had our first child and soon we'll be staying in the Westin Aruba. We will need a fridge in the room since my wife will be nursing and needs storage that is a more consistent temperature than an ice bucket or styrofoam cooler.

Knowing how paranoid hotels get about allowing guest items in their coveted mini-bars, does anyone know if this property rents mini-fridges to guests?

Just a thought, this might be a good time to see if anyone would be interested in contributing to a master list of SPG properties that offer mini-fridge rental.

I did a search but came up with inconclusive results.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Todd
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:29 am

Todd,

The only reliable way to get this information is to call the hotel directly.

This is the type of information that Starwood should ensure is included on the hotel wel site

along with:

* an up-to-date e-mail address
* a meaningful map that actually shows the street location of the hoitel
* convenient public transport information

Maybe in the New Year
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
While I don't have any info about fridge rental, I do know that the room I stayed in last spring did not have a fridge in it apart from the mini bar, and it was totally impractical to use the mini bar fridge for any other items.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:41 am
Community Director Emerita

You can also see if the hotel will empty the mini fridge for you which you can then use for your own needs. Generally, hotels will do this for free, though once or twice, a hotel has tried to charge us a fee for doing so.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:14 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ToddDeck
...Knowing how paranoid hotels get about allowing guest items in their coveted mini-bars, does anyone know if this property rents mini-fridges to guests?...
Available upon request at a charge of $5 per night.

I would request it ahead of time via email instead of waiting at check-in. You can reach them at [email protected].

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
=
I would request it ahead of time via email instead of waiting at check-in.
This is a very good idea....check-in can be a confusing mob-scene at this hotel in the afternoon.

I remember someone telling me that they had no problem getting the rental fridge at the Westin Aruba. I wish I had rented one. They should just have them in the room...I know the Marriott down the beach has them in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.