Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

CEASED OPERATION: Complimentary CLEAR membership for Platinum SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEASED OPERATION: Complimentary CLEAR membership for Platinum SPG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Exclamation CEASED OPERATION: Complimentary CLEAR membership for Platinum SPG

Just got this email.. what a nice treat!
On the wings of our newest redemption option, SPG® Flights, SPG has partnered with Clear® to offer Platinum Preferred Guest® members a complimentary membership in this convenient "fast pass through airport security" service.

Enjoy these two new options designed to enhance your air travel experience. Our SPG Flights award lets you avoid the standard restrictions that limit most frequent-flyer rewards by redeeming Starpoints® to fly on more than 350 airlines — all with no blackout dates. And a Clear® membership allows you a fast and secure way of bypassing long security lines at many major airports. Visit SPG.com/flights to learn about using Starpoints to book your next flight.

To accept your complimentary Clear® membership, please validate your SPG member number. This opportunity is only available to Platinum Preferred Guest members, and this exclusive offer expires February 28, 2009.

http://www.spgpromos.com/spgclear/index.cfm
PLEASE NOTE--
This complimentary Clear® membership opportunity is reserved for our Platinum Preferred Guest® members only, and this offer expires February 28, 2009. If you do not cancel your membership, you'll be automatically renewed for a one-year membership at $199. To learn more about Clear®, please visit www.flyclear.com.

However-
Your Clear Account is set by default to auto-renew. You can turn off auto-renew at any time by logging into your Clear account at flyclear.com/myaccount and changing the autorenewal setting in “My Profile”.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
SPG is Giving You a Complimentary One-Year Clear Membership

Just received this email:

"On the wings of our newest redemption option, SPG® Flights, SPG has partnered with Clear® to offer Platinum Preferred Guest® members a complimentary membership in this convenient "fast pass through airport security" service.

Enjoy these two new options designed to enhance your air travel experience. Our SPG Flights award lets you avoid the standard restrictions that limit most frequent-flyer rewards by redeeming Starpoints® to fly on more than 350 airlines — all with no blackout dates. And a Clear® membership allows you a fast and secure way of bypassing long security lines at many major airports. Visit SPG.com/flights to learn about using Starpoints to book your next flight.

To accept your complimentary Clear® membership, please validate your SPG member number. This opportunity is only available to Platinum Preferred Guest members, and this exclusive offer expires February 28, 2009."

I already have a Clear membership free through Hyatt, which I was able to extend another year free until April 2010. I wonder if I can extend again using this.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I just posted the same thing. You beat me by a few seconds.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
This is pretty sweet, especially at JFK T2
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:07 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I have an existing Clear membership, so I called the number listed. It turns out that the offer is only good for new members, and not for renewal of existing membership.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:09 am

The automatic renewal policy automatically results in me not signing up. I'm sure after a year I will forget about the renewal.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Gold, EVA Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtrav
The automatic renewal policy automatically results in me not signing up. I'm sure after a year I will forget about the renewal.
It's a preference you can set so just do it when you sign up....
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:15 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
You can easily remove the auto renewal in your account settings. Takes 2 seconds.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
According to the T&Cs, you can enter your profile on their website and change this. The default is auto-renew, but it can be changed.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:17 am

that's the program which was in the news not too long ago for losing a laptop wiyh confidential data. this free enrollmenent was available to Hyatt Platinums for a while (I guess before they had suspended it due to lost laptop)
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:18 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Usually (at least for Marriott) a coupon code gets filled in with a code - can anyone that signs up new confirm this? We can then use a coupon code to renew our membership.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Million Miler
can anyone comment on how CLEAR has worked for them? Is it worth the $200 even though year one is free?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I'm trying to navigate the Flyclear website now but it's slower than the old external modem dial-up days. I hope it's no indication of how quickly they'll be able to "whisk" us through security
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
^^^ Very nice!
Thanks SPG, I'd never pay for clear but I'll take it for free
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:45 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Please see the new call to action for existing Clear members in post #33 of this thread.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Dec 17, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.