Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Light bulb changing, man looking in my window in the morning. Creepy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold

This is just a comment, and it hasn't really bothered me, but thought I would share it. Staying at a S4P on the top (3rd) floor, and this morning I was woken up by some commotion outside of the window right beside my bed.

Low and behold, it was 30 minutes before my wakeup call, but I open my eyes, look out the window, and am staring at a man on a bucket lift, changing the lightbulb in the roof hangover right above my window.

I only had the light see through blinds shut, as I always do or I struggle to wake up in the morning, but he could clearly see in.

I sleep au natural, but luckily I was under the covers. I cant imagine a woman in my position would take this so lightly though!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Did the hotel leave a note saying that they would be working on that side of the building?

In my experience when a property is going to do work on the exterior of the building they inform you a) what work is being done b) the portion of the hotel affected c) time the work is being done.

I would leave a comment with the general manager. And before anyone asks, NO I would not expect compensation.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Did the hotel leave a note saying that they would be working on that side of the building?

In my experience when a property is going to do work on the exterior of the building they inform you a) what work is being done b) the portion of the hotel affected c) time the work is being done.

I would leave a comment with the general manager. And before anyone asks, NO I would not expect compensation.
No note, but like I said I didnt really care. Same hotel that didnt have 2 major TV stations working so maybe Ill mention it to corporate customer service when I call about the TV issue.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
No note, but like I said I didnt really care. Same hotel that didnt have 2 major TV stations working so maybe Ill mention it to corporate customer service when I call about the TV issue.
Might I suggest speaking with the GM first before calling customer service, unless you've already done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.