Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SPG.Com bug.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2008, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
New SPG.Com bug.

Here is a reservation I have coming up this month. The room descriptions seems to be very out of place by roughly 2000 Miles. Is anyone else getting a similar error?

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
2501 Worldgateway Place
Detroit , Michigan 48242
United States
(734) 942-6500
Check-in Check-out
11/XX/2008 - 03:00 PM 11/XX/2008 - 12:00 PM

2 Rooms , 1 Adult per room , No Bed Confirmed/2q Or 1k Rqst , Smoking room
Room 1: ECKOA6
Room 2: ECKOA6

Room Features : Hollywood Hip, Modern Design, 42 Inch Plasma Tv, Separate Shower/bath, Sweet Sleeper Bed
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
Im confused. I dont see anything wrong.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:15 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by kendalh
Im confused. I dont see anything wrong.
Looks like the room description of a room at Planet Hollywood, not the Westin at the Detroit airport.

I can have someone take a look at it, but I need an SPG account number to do so, along with some details about what steps you took just prior to seeing this.

For example:

1. I went to “My Stays” from the “Quick Links” drop-down and viewed the details for my upcoming stay at Westin XXY for Dec 1-2

2. I booked a reservation for Sheraton YYY for Nov 25-26

3. On the Guest Information page, it showed information for my Dec 1-2 stay at Westin XXY

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Nov 19, 2008 at 2:38 pm
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
This is a known bug for a while. Sometimes when you look at a reservation for a property, that description will stick when you look at the details of other reservations.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This is a known bug for a while. Sometimes when you look at a reservation for a property, that description will stick when you look at the details of other reservations.
It happens for me when I cancel an existing reservation, then go to make a new reservation. Until I log out and back in, the only room description I can see is that of the previously cancelled room.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
I just assumed this hotel had a Hollywood Hip room. Guess I was wrong.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I had this problem the other night when I was making a new reservation and cancelling some old ones. Every reservation I brought up to cancel had the room description for the aLoft RC-Ontario, which I had just reserved on a pre-pay rate earlier in my session. The rate was correct for each reservation, but rate details also reflected the pre-pay nature of my aLoft reservation. I freaked out thinking the reservation I was trying to cancel was actually pre-pay and then I figured out what was going on, backed away from the ledge, and continued on.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
This seems to be the case as I just looked at the reservation again, and the room description is now correct for the DTW Westin. Immediately before i looked at my DTW reservation I completed a reservation for PH this weekend, and it simply seems as if my browser captured and stored the PH room description.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:08 am
MKB

I've had this happen a few times too. I find it best with spg.com to close your browser and re-open it between each reservation you make.

The bug-fixing IT person who used to post on here has gone quiet lately. There are quite a few unresolved issues, not to mention functional defficiencies. Are these ever going to be addressed?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MKB
...The bug-fixing IT person who used to post on here has gone quiet lately. There are quite a few unresolved issues, not to mention functional defficiencies. Are these ever going to be addressed?
This is a little like saying that there are starving children in the world. If anyone is to help them, we would need to first know where they are.

So, maybe if you would compile me a list of these "quite a few unresolved issues", I can see if a ticket has been opened on them. And, if not, maybe I can get one started.

As for this issue, it was fixed once, but apparently has returned. I'm sure a ticket will be opened, but it would really help if someone would provide the information I asked for. After all, if we can't replicate it, it isn't going to be fixed.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:19 am
MKB

But we've all been dutifully reporting them in the thread that the IT lurker occasionally responded to. I wouldn't want to have to go through that to report which ones are still outstanding. Off the top of my head, I can think of the map numbers being wrong, the "price from" rate often quoting the price for single occupancy when you've already told the system there will be two adults, and the "system is unavailable" message appearing when in fact it is a differnt error that has occurred.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by MKB
But we've all been dutifully reporting them in the thread that the IT lurker occasionally responded to.
AFAIK, no IT lurker has ever responded to a post at Flyertalk. The only responses I'm aware of are the ones that I posted on their behalf when the web site relaunched some months ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715563

I wouldn't want to have to go through that to report which ones are still outstanding. Off the top of my head, I can think of the map numbers being wrong, the "price from" rate often quoting the price for single occupancy when you've already told the system there will be two adults, and the "system is unavailable" message appearing when in fact it is a differnt error that has occurred.
Just a suggestion, but there hasn't been a posting to that thread in some time that gave enough information for us to replicate any problems reported. Maybe it should be used going forward to report any anomalies that can be passed along to the web team, but it is only effective if we're given enough information. Even then, we might need to log in as you to be able to see what you are seeing, so providing your account information might be necessary.

Other than this, there's always the handy dandy Feedback + sign to click on any page to give comments. All comments are read there, but as it says, "We’d love to hear your feedback about our site as we continue to enhance it to meet your needs. Please complete the survey below and hit “Submit”. We assure you we read all comments, however if you desire a response, please Contact Customer Support." And, there are a variety of ways to contact the web team through Customer Support: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ort/index.html

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Nov 21, 2008 at 5:33 pm
Old Nov 21, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Well, I checked one of my basic stays recently and it said "Presidential Suite." Sure enough I was upgraded!! Sweet! Houston Galleria Westin. HUGE room.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Just happened to me. It has merged 2 stays.
W San Francisco
181 3rd Street
San Francisco , California 94103
United States
(415) 777-5300
Check-in Check-out
02/28/2009 - 03:00 PM 03/01/2009 - 12:00 PM

1 Room , 2 Adults per room , 2 Queen Beds , Non-smoking room

Room Features : Aloft Non Smoking-315 Sq Ft, Free High-speed Internet, 42 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Oversized Shower, Rest And Relaxation Bed
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Just happened to me. It has merged 2 stays.
W San Francisco
181 3rd Street
San Francisco , California 94103
United States
(415) 777-5300
Check-in Check-out
02/28/2009 - 03:00 PM 03/01/2009 - 12:00 PM

1 Room , 2 Adults per room , 2 Queen Beds , Non-smoking room

Room Features : Aloft Non Smoking-315 Sq Ft, Free High-speed Internet, 42 Inch Flat Screen Lcd Tv, Oversized Shower, Rest And Relaxation Bed
Is this hotel dropping in category and being re branded? LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.