Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Meridien New York & Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs join SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Meridien New York & Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs join SPG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by PTahCha
OMG - I thought a group of us were boycotting this NYC property because of the fiasco with the misleading room rate (along with the lawsuits and etc.). What would one do?!?!
I thought we were boycotting Palm Springs because of that goofy TV show...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
So have any Plats visited LPMPS after this announcement yet? What kind of room upgrade did you get?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Is there still a great little Thai restaurant named Topaz located right next to the Parker Meridien? It was one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, but I haven't been to the city (other than JFK Airport) since just before 9/11.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Cool - LPMNY is actually one of the 3 preferred hotels for NYC in my travel entitlement, but had been avoiding it because of non-SPG participation. Just changed over for this coming Thursday night.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, CO, BA
Originally Posted by D1andonlyDman
Is there still a great little Thai restaurant named Topaz located right next to the Parker Meridien? It was one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, but I haven't been to the city (other than JFK Airport) since just before 9/11.
Still there, and I think the menu has not changed in the past 10 years.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I will be at the Sheraton this weekend and will update the master thread with a review.....
Excellent, many thanks ^ I look forward to your comments.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
Reconfirm - Le Parker Meridien NYC participation

I spoke with a SPG Platinum Conceirge specifically to find out if LPM-NYC was now a full participant in the SPG program as the web site does not have the limited participation disclaimer anymore. He confirmed that they are indeed fully partici[pating in the program now. I sure hope he is right as I made a reservation for next week right after my call with him.

Anybody have an experience from the last 4 weeks with points and platinum recognition at this property?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Why the need to reconfirm?? Property joining SPG was confirmed by Starwood Lurker on FT and the participation shows up on the properties Starwood page.

Originally Posted by traveltot
Anybody have an experience from the last 4 weeks with points and platinum recognition at this property?
4 Weeks? The property just joined SPG a couple of days ago didn't it? You might want to look at the existing thread on the property joining SPG. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885703 I am sure the Mods will merge your new thread with that one anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by christianj
I am sure the Mods will merge your new thread with that one anyway.
Very prescient.

Originally Posted by traveltot
The change occurred one week ago. I, too, look forward to reports on platinum recognition here. I stayed a year ago when it didn't recognize status, and was still very pleased with the very large room I was given.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm also hearing that there may be an introductory bonus Starpoints offer on paid rates for these two hotels.
I just checked Le Parker Meridien New York website and found:

SPG, HERE WE COME!
Le Parker Meridien has joined SPG! Celebrate with us and earn triple Starpoints for stays through March 31, 2009 when you book by December 31, 2008. With great rates from $229, what other excuse do you need to escape to NYC for a while?

Parker Meridien Palm Springs has the same offer.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 13, 2008 at 8:20 am
Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by LPM Special Offer
With great rates from $229, what other excuse do you need to escape to NYC for a while?
How about a rate calendar (such as is used for showing Starpicks rates) so that we can easily see when the best of these great rates are being offered? $229 is not offered every day.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by christianj
Why the need to reconfirm?? Property joining SPG was confirmed by Starwood Lurker on FT and the participation shows up on the properties Starwood page.

4 Weeks? The property just joined SPG a couple of days ago didn't it? You might want to look at the existing thread on the property joining SPG. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885703 I am sure the Mods will merge your new thread with that one anyway.
You are right on both counts. I apologize for forgetting the mantra :search is your friend".
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
Yippee!

Oh, thank goodness. I've been grieving ever since Essex House left Starwood. Having grown up on the Upper West Side (and with many friends still in that neighborhood), that's where I like to stay. The closest I could get before this was the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers--where I had very variable experiences, to say the least!

The absence of an Upper West Side hotel has led me to desert Starwood for NYC stays after I reached Platinum status (surpassed it, actually--29 stays ytd). Now I'm happily back in the fold and am off to book the Le Meridien for December 12-14.

The bad news: I don't know where you guys were getting that $229 quote, but the lowest rate I get is $539 for a pre-paid, no-refund, very basic, no-park-view room. Am I missing something?

Also, there's no mention of the "triple points" offer that I can see.

And finally: I signed up for the "double points" promotion from Starwood. So for this stay would I get double points AND triple points?

Lurker, can you clarify/shed any light on any of this?

Bottom line: Yippee! The arrival of the Le Meridien is very good news for Upper West Siders--and for SPG, I'm betting. Certainly I'll do my part to help keep the rooms filled!
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:19 am

Here's the Ts and Cs on the triple points promo:

Terms & Conditions:

SPG, HERE WE COME!

Offer valid at Le Parker Meridien only for stays booked by December 31, 2008 and completed between November 11, 2008 and March 31, 2009.

To be eligible for this offer you must book using Promotion Code MTS.

Triple Starpoints per stay will be credited to the member's account within 4-6 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.

Only the member's base Starpoints will be tripled. Additional bonuses earned, including but not limited to the 50% elite status points or online booking bonuses will not be tripled.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 9:55 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by woolfcross
...And finally: I signed up for the "double points" promotion from Starwood. So for this stay would I get double points AND triple points?

Lurker, can you clarify/shed any light on any of this?...
If the double Starpoints promotion is an SPG promotion and the triple Starpoints is a property-specific promotion, you usually get both. YMMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Nov 19, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.