Wiki Posts
Search

SVC Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
SVC Bonus

I was reviewing my SPG account and found that I have been awarded 7K as an SVC Bonus.

Unsure what that is, I searched this forum...and although I can find a reference to the term, I could not locate what it actually IS....

Assistance is appreciated.

TIA
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I was reviewing my SPG account and found that I have been awarded 7K as an SVC Bonus.
Purely a guess: By any chance have you done a timeshare presentation recently? SVC could be "Starwood Vacation Club", and 7000 points is about what some properties offer to sit through their sales presentation.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 9:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by BradC
Purely a guess: By any chance have you done a timeshare presentation recently? SVC could be "Starwood Vacation Club", and 7000 points is about what some properties offer to sit through their sales presentation.
BradC might be right. Though I would prefer to comment after reviewing your account, but likely sophiegirl might have attended a presentation lately.

[email protected]
Old Oct 30, 2008, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
No, I haven't.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
No, I haven't.
SVC does stand for Starwood Vacation Club. If you did not book an SVC vacation/timeshare package and just received this out of the blue, then consider it a gift and hope nobody takes it back.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
I just looked, and i have a

+500 SVC PROMISE 500 PTS

This was the hotel offering me 500 bonus points for an incident that happened at the hotel. Maybe something like that?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by kendalh
I just looked, and i have a

+500 SVC PROMISE 500 PTS

This was the hotel offering me 500 bonus points for an incident that happened at the hotel. Maybe something like that?
yes, if you had a small incident that you discussed with mgmt, that is your compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.