Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Copley Place - no hot water - twice today

Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au

Boston MA

Around 8:00 noticed only tepid water. Message light flashing on phone, checked VM to listen to Manager's apology that boiler problem meant no hot water - was being worked on and should be rectified in about 15 mins. Had shower about 8:30 and still cold, then went hot half way through much to my distress at getting scalded.

Full marks for getting it rectified within a reasonable range of the estimate, but then this evening it went off again. This time no messages, and complaint to front desk resulted in copious apologies and possible 1k starpoint bonus. Interested to know how this ranks in comparison to others experiences?

Cheers

Last edited by jfknight; Oct 28, 2008 at 8:10 pm Reason: clarify location
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
I have been their a few times. One time I was charged twice, and the other my room was filthy (hadn't even been looked at by the maids). The employees were super nice both times though.

I am in Boston usually once a month, and I prefer the Westin Boston Waterfront, both for location, and it is usually cheaper than Copley Place.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: ??????????
A few months back I had a lack of water pressure at the Sheraton Atlanta and got 2500 points + a room across the hall.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
Happened to me once at a non-SPG property. Front desk mgr refunded me 50% of room price. Logic: I pay for a bed and shower. How nice the bed, how nice the location, how "heavenly" the shower, SPG points, my status, etc is icing.

The main function of a hotel is a clean bed and a hot shower. They provided only a bed.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Along with missed wake-up calls, lack of hot water ranks as one of my "Some people think it's a big deal and some don't," pet peeves. They're both a big deal to me. I think a 50% discount (or the equivalent in SPG points) is fair compensation.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.