Question on status change

Old Oct 4, 08, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Question on status change

If I booked a stay as a Gold member and subsequently gained Platinum level before the stay, does it show up in the system that I am Platinum or will it still show as Gold when I check in? Thank you.
Old Oct 4, 08, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by worldtrav View Post
If I booked a stay as a Gold member and subsequently gained Platinum level before the stay, does it show up in the system that I am Platinum or will it still show as Gold when I check in? Thank you.
I was told by SPG that the hotel knows your current status. BUT in my experience (at the Westin New York, to be specific), the reservation at the hotel may still show you are gold. Best to call the SPG Platinum Concierge and ask them to refresh your reservation so the hotel knows you are Platinum before you arrive. Otherwise, be sure to show your Platinum card and request your Platinum amenity and an upgrade at check-in. If you don't have a Platinum card, ask the hotel to call SPG to confirm your status as Platinum.
Old Oct 4, 08, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, DCBob.
Old Oct 4, 08, 2:08 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
In addition to what DCBob said if you booked your reservation as a Gold in your reservation details section for that particular stay it typically says G for Gold then your SPG number... as a Platinum it will say P then your SPG number. From my experience unless you rebook your stay it will remain as G(SPG#). So as recommended either call the Platinum Concierge to update the reservation or rebook the stay. I doubt you'll have your Platinum card before your stay as it can take a while to get your card. Though you can print one off from the SPG site. Welcome to Platinum status btw!
Old Oct 4, 08, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What I did when I turned Platinum, is call the hotel, had them delete my SPG number and re-add it. Presto, Platinum status now showing on reservation!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: