Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Following the bankruptcy of SBH SPRL, the operator of the Sheraton Brussels Hotel, the property has been forced to close. The hotel will close as of 12 noon on 14th December 2016.
Print Wikipost

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Dec 13, 2009, 3:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Koby
There are currently construction works in front of the Brussels Sheraton. And they start drilling at 7am. So if you want to sleep longer than that, avoid this hotel or make sure to get a room at the back of the hotel (away from the square)
Yes, there's been construction work taking place in Place Rogier for several weeks now, some days starting before even 7am. The noise intrusion at the Sheraton is less than at the Hilton opposite, which is closer to the works and has less effective double-glazing than the Sheraton.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Dec 13, 2009 at 4:25 pm Reason: splng
Old Dec 13, 2009, 7:24 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I just wish they would stop sending me emails all of the time. The worst is that i have never even stayed there. Help us lurker.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold VIP
Just checked-out from Sheraton. No noise ! Very helpfull and treating Platinum members very well.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 10:16 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by abk
I just wish they would stop sending me emails all of the time. The worst is that i have never even stayed there. Help us lurker.
You can help yourself by opting out of hotel promotions.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 30, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Talking ***** stay in the Sheraton Brussels hotel and Towers!

See for pics of my stay: http://travel.webshots.com/album/576027989SmaUAP

This Starwood property is still one of my favorite hotels of mine. We were upgraded to a spacious modern suite on a high floor, since it was for a special occasion for us.
When we checked in mrs. Roserie de Wild greeted us and gave me information concerning certain changes in the hotel. I have stayed here many times before. It seemed these changes have downgraded the hotel from 4 to 5 stars.
The changes were called: “a green way of thinking.” Very good, but actually a way to save money for the hotel. But these are hard times for hotels so I can imagine these new changes.
For instance, the newspapers for loyal guests were not delivered to the guestroom, but instead guests have to pick them up at the concierge. It seemed many guests actually did not read the newspapers at all and were thrown into the garbage bin.
Another change is the club lounge was not attended with personnel anymore and no check-in desk was available. Another change concerned the Turn down service. It seemed Sheraton hotels worldwide did would not give this service anymore.

I do understand hotels have to make changes in these hard economic times. Only, these little extra’s make my stay somehow a little special. I do like the turndown service and appreciate especially the small fine chocolates! I hope Starwood hotels can deliver this kind of service upon request of guests?

Our stay in the hotel was perfect. And mrs. Roserie took good notice of my words concerning the turndown service. So we had our turndown service and we enjoyed it, especially the chocolates….
The suite was very spacious an luxurious and offered a nice view of the city. The suite offered a kitchenette , a large dining table, a comfy couch and seats, a separate bedroom with of course the 5 star King bed Sheraton Sweet sleeper. The flatsquare tv in the livingroom, could be better placed on a table of on the wall! I would be more stylish and these flatsquare tv’s are made for more modern ways of displaying itself than hiding it in a tv cabinet.

The bathroom was spacious but a little outdated in style. In general I do not like the bathrooms in this hotel. I do really not know why the hotel does not improve the interior of the bathrooms! The bath amenities have been improved and I liked nice range of products with mandarin/mint aroma. We had some relaxing baths here.

The view from the room was great and we could see the Grote Markt!

The Club lounge located on the 26th floor still offers a great view. I always like to have breakfast here, it is a feast. Personnel gives a perfect service and with a friendly professional attitude. They will make a stronger coffee instead of the standard American coffee if you want to. Though the range of products is, as usual in a club lounges, limited the quality of the products is high.
During the day you can have some cold drinks and coffee and tea. The coffee is available in jars. I would recommend the hotel to have a Nespresso machine here. It fits more in a 4 – 5 star property than these jars with coffee. The former Westin Rotterdam and f.i. the Sheraton Sao Paulo offers this to their guests in the lounge. Movenpick hotel in Amsterdam even offers this in the rooms.
In the evening a selection of the white and red wine ( Norton) is available, we liked this wine very much, and much effort was made to display the snacks and healthy sliced veggies with delicious mustard in the lounge. We liked it very much and enjoyed it. Even after our stay in the hotel we made this healthy snack at home.
Service is friendly and professional, the butler made one step further so we could have some more delicious mustard with our snacks…..

Breakfast in the main restaurant is a world of difference. In the weekends it offers breakfast until 2 pm. Especially nice after a late night out when you need to sleep a little longer! The range of products here is much larger and the quality is high. I liked the quality of the ham. And the freshly baked waffles with fruits. However the quality of the cheese product can be improved.
The danger here is: one can eat too much.
Recently I was in Starwood hotels in San Francisco, the St. Regis and The Palace. The breakfast they offer is not so healthy. A small range of healthy products in contrast with a lot of fat and baked products. So I was happy with the healthy range of products in the Sheraton Brussel.

The work out room is just fine. Not large but good for a nice workout with state of the art machines. I do regret the water machine is gone however! I enjoyed my swim in the large pool on the topfloor. A few guests were looking for a whirlpool. I guess it would be great if the poolarea could offer this. These guest were disappointed and thought they had chosen the wrong hotel. ..
After the swim I had a relaxing time in the sauna. Not large but it is ok.

Our stay was superb, and we hated to leave!
I do know from many reviews I have read, many guests complain this hotel does not give a good quality in product, service is bad, the rooms are not luxurious and the location is bad. My complain would only be the lack of turndown service and the lack of quality newspapers on Saturdays in the lounge.
I do like to have the newspaper delivered to my room. But when having a clubroom, it is ok to read the newspapers in the lounge. When having a regular room, I would find it annoying to go to the concierge desk before having breakfast, since I like to read my newspaper during my breakfast.
If the hotel would deliver these services upon request I would not have any complaints at all!
Well even with the changes in delivered services I still prefer this Starwood property compared to other Starwood hotels. Even though I have seen so many Starwood properties around the world.

We truly experienced out stay as a 5* stay in a 5* Sheraton hotel. So for us it was strange this property was now a 4*property. I do know Starwood properties which are rated 5* but should be downgraded instead of this fine hotel.

We are really looking forward to are next stay in the Sheraton Brussels hotel and towers….

See for pics of my stay: http://travel.webshots.com/album/576027989SmaUAP
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by claes059

Another change is the club lounge was not attended with personnel anymore and no check-in desk was available.

The Club lounge located on the 26th floor still offers a great view. I always like to have breakfast here, it is a feast. Personnel gives a perfect service and with a friendly professional attitude. They will make a stronger coffee instead of the standard American coffee if you want to. Though the range of products is, as usual in a club lounges, limited the quality of the products is high.
During the day you can have some cold drinks and coffee and tea.
Is the club lounge back on the 26th floor? Last time I was here it was on the second floor I believe.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Is the club lounge back on the 26th floor? Last time I was here it was on the second floor I believe.
Yes, it is!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, it is!
Awesome!^
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Huh? I don't ever remember it being on the 2nd floor. For the last two years or so I have stayed several times and it is always up top.

Maybe a temporary thing due to renovation?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:30 pm

It was there in September when I stayed there. But it seemed like a temporary thing.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Yes, it is!
No it isn't !

The Club Lounge is on the 25th floor.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stayed in January and didn't notice anything new in the Club. Seemed to be the same as always. <shrug>
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:56 am

Can anyone tell me what the opening hours are of the club lounge on weekends?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Can anyone tell me what the opening hours are of the club lounge on weekends?
Normal opening hours during the weekend... I think it's from 06:30 till 22:00 or 22:30.

Stayed there during a weekend in January. The offerings were quite good
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:21 pm

Just completed my stay here. I was upgraded to only a club room, but that probably was due me needing a room with two beds.

Check in was done by a friendly but unexperienced frond desk agent, he was helped by another front desk agent, who completely ignored me, quite weird didn't even say hello. Even tough I speak Dutch we spoke in English as apparently he didn't, not a problem but I thought Brussels aught to be bilingual French and Dutch isn't it? Platinum amenity was offered and I took the points. A good explanation about what the hotel offered. Nothing worth noting besides that.

When I entered the first room it had a king sized bed all tough I booked a room with two beds. Normally not a big problem but as I was traveling with a friend I actually needed the two beds. So we went back down again, stood in line for a few minutes (no gold/platinum line) and were then helped by the same (unexperienced) front desk agent.

No apology was offered but with help of a colleague he went searching for a room with two beds. This took as long as 5-10 minutes and he was speaking with his colleague a lot, all in French before finally finding a room. As I was speaking in English with him I found it a bit rude to talk in French in front of me as I could only guess a bit what they were saying. He was still quite friendly but I would have preferred if they had at least updated my a few times in English.

I was a bit sad not to have one of the suites I had have before but was happy to at least have a clubroom with two beds. Didn't plan to spend much time in the room anyway. I did need a late checkout which was granted immediately till 4pm.

All in all we had quite a good stay and will return. I just hope the next time I encounter a more experienced agent.

As pictures can say a thousand words I'll leave it at that.

Club Room 1819
Entrance room 1819
Sweet Sleeper beds
Old school tv
"View" from my room of the adjourning 'Thon' Hotel

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.