Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:34 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
I believe you have your properties confused. The resort fee and mandatory valet parking you describe is at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, the hotel. This thread and the offer it describes is at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, the timeshare. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas does not have a Resort Fee and still has self parking.
Certainly possible. I was just commenting in a thread about a Westin timeshare offer in Kaanapail, Maui, and the place they have us staying for the timeshare offer deal has just instituted a mandatory Valet Parking fee, so I thought I would ask about this. it might be likely that other folks on this timeshare presentation deal have stayed at the same place since this is the same offer. I've certainly known of more than a few cases where the location for staying and the location of the timeshare property are not quite the same. Perhaps that is what;s happening here?

Cheers,
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just tell them you are not paying the parking or resort fee. If it is not disclosed in the email confirmation you have no obligation to pay it. For example I have never paid hotel taxes on the timeshare offer. Now of course if you order room service or have restaurant charges, that's obviously not included as they are optional...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just tell them you are not paying the parking or resort fee. If it is not disclosed in the email confirmation you have no obligation to pay it. For example I have never paid hotel taxes on the timeshare offer. Now of course if you order room service or have restaurant charges, that's obviously not included as they are optional...
Well, the resort fee is explicitly disclosed on what they sent, so I'm good with that. The weasel words say The daily fee and inclusions are subject to change (in Bold, just like that). That's how they're justifying the change. Yes, it is weasily, but it is in there.

What I will lean is is that, when I called, they indicated that it "should be waived," and they would "add notes."

Cheers.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:38 am

Westin referral please

Hi there

if someone is able to provide a Westin referral for Maui I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks!!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
So when will these * wood properties be eligible for the Marriott ts offers?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I'm doing this in August and the confirmation (as well as the phone rep that you call to "reconfirm") specifically state that there is a $30 per night resort fee and only valet parking for $30 per night. Also, they can't enter your SPG number and there is language that states that elite benefits are not guaranteed. I'm going to call the hotel directly and check this out as I can see this adding up to $100 per night for the "extras" in addition to the $650 for the 5 night package.

How close is the timeshare building as if it has free parking.....
Old Jun 30, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just received another offer for $798 for 5 nights at Westin Hotel Kanaapali. Somewhat ill timed, as we are heading to the Hyatt Maui later this month on a $699 for 5 nights hotel room offer. To be fair the Westin package includes an Avis car (Hyatt does not) though we get 10k Hyatt points vs. 5k SPG points after attending the sales pitch.

A heads up: make sure you save all your paperwork as you will need it if Vistana decides to shaft you on the points. We attended a presentation at Lagunamar Cancun and had a heck of a time trying to get the 10k SPG points (finally credited 6 months later).

The offer says it cannot be modified but I will be calling Vistana to see if we can get a 1BR or 2BR at the timeshares as we need extra space if we bring the kids. (Hyatt was happy to let us switch from 2BR unit to hotel).

The SVO telephone is 800-544-4191 and is open M-F 7am-8pm PDT. But supposedly you will need an invite code.

Oh, and I have to laugh because we told one of the sales guys that we had no incentive to purchase a unit as these offers keep arriving every year like clockwork. The sales guy responded that we would never see another offer again and just this year we have offers from Marriott, SPG, and Hyatt - LOL!
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
\
Oh, and I have to laugh because we told one of the sales guys that we had no incentive to purchase a unit as these offers keep arriving every year like clockwork. The sales guy responded that we would never see another offer again and just this year we have offers from Marriott, SPG, and Hyatt - LOL!
Even though you prevailed, it appears you were taking a risk by shooting yourself in the foot!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Silver; 0.75MM: AA; Alaska; Southwest
Just received the $798 offer for Westin Ocean Resort Villas. 6 days, 5 nights. Includes an Avis rental. On the back of the offer it says that "if you elect to park a vehicle on site during your stay, you will be charged $15 per day...Parking fee may be subject to change."
Also if you select the 5,000 Starpoints instead of a $75 resort credit...they "cannot be transferred to Marriott Rewards." Which seems odd to me because aren't those accounts being merged? So does this statement really matter?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:34 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbAA
I'm doing this in August and the confirmation (as well as the phone rep that you call to "reconfirm") specifically state that there is a $30 per night resort fee and only valet parking for $30 per night. Also, they can't enter your SPG number and there is language that states that elite benefits are not guaranteed. I'm going to call the hotel directly and check this out as I can see this adding up to $100 per night for the "extras" in addition to the $650 for the 5 night package.
Forgot to report back. Our parking fee was waived because we had booked before they instituted this. But, if it is disclosed, pretty sure it will be hard to dodge. I was told that this is temporary as they are building a parking structure and, once that is done, they will have self-parking. Not sure when that will be. Also, while the elite benefits are not guaranteed, we were given a preferred view room for being Gold. But it's luck of the draw.

Originally Posted by rbAA
How close is the timeshare building as if it has free parking.....
It's about 1.5 or so miles away. A nice walk along the Beach Walk, but really only worth it if you don't need the car in any hurry.

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Geogirl1234
. . .
Also if you select the 5,000 Starpoints instead of a $75 resort credit...they "cannot be transferred to Marriott Rewards." Which seems odd to me because aren't those accounts being merged? So does this statement really matter?
It is just old information on the form. You have nothing to worry about. When the ability to link accounts was first announced there was a statement in the T&C that stated Starpoints earned through Vistana Signature Experiences could not be transferred to Marriott Rewards. That is no longer the case.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:34 am

Hi,
Can someone kindly send me a referral for Westin Maui? Greatly appreciate it.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Will all these properties be folded into the Marriott timeshare program come Aug. 1?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vistana which runs SVO timeshares has been a completely separate entity from SPG for some years, so I doubt it. MVC would have to make an offer to buy Vistana

That being said said there are obviously marketing contracts (ir Vistana gets discounted rooms at a Westin hotels to offer packages) so I would not be surprised if these continue or start to include Marriott and vice versa.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:41 pm

Vistana which runs SVO timeshares has been a completely separate entity from SPG for some years, so I doubt it. MVC would have to make an offer to buy Vistana

You need get out more often. MVC offered to purchase ILG (owner of Vistana) on April 30, 2018 for $4.7 billion. The transaction is expected to close later this year.

Last edited by controller1; Jul 24, 2018 at 7:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.