Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeshare offer: 5 nights for $748 total @ Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort, Maui

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:53 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by rbAA
Now $679 with $185 towards Avis rental car and 5000 SPG pts. Haven't been to Maui in a while so took their offer for next March.
Ditto for me and the SO in December, flying from PVG-HI-OGG then back to PVG after a nice few days in Paradise
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:22 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by chipmaster
Ditto for me and the SO in December, flying from PVG-HI-OGG then back to PVG after a nice few days in Paradise
Whoa, slow down there. It's only Maui not Phuket. Wish it was Kauai though.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rbAA
Whoa, slow down there. It's only Maui not Phuket. Wish it was Kauai though.
It's easier to book one of these deals at The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas in Kauai than it is for Maui.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:15 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
That would have been nice.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:24 pm

referral

Does it take a referal to get an invitation? If so please send me a referal. Thanks in advance
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:16 pm

Invite Please

'd be interested if anyone could recommend me for the deal at the WestinKaanapali villa or the new Westin nauna. Please DM more and I can give you my info
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Olga123
'd be interested if anyone could recommend me for the deal at the WestinKaanapali villa or the new Westin nauna. Please DM more and I can give you my info
Originally Posted by gohogs34
Does it take a referal to get an invitation? If so please send me a referal. Thanks in advance
I know we got on the list because we've done a timeshare pitch with them multiple times, declined after going thru the sales pitch and every few years we get this deal. To be honest the deal is great and we always take them up on it, go thru the sales but when your hotel / CC yields 100-150K points and you already have a week+ of timeshare already, hard to really need any more condo / hotel time

Either have to be an owner, sign up for a promos at one of their sales or ??
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
After being courted by both the Hilton and Wyndham vacations folks over the past several months, I've started to think more seriously about vacation ownership (but not with those brands) and reached out to Starwood Vacations about this property.

I've never been to the property and have been trying to see if we can get a deal to go out, but the invitations seem to be few and far between, even for potentially serious buyers like myself.

Any recent experiences with folks buying or going through the sales channel at Vacations?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Viking547
After being courted by both the Hilton and Wyndham vacations folks over the past several months, I've started to think more seriously about vacation ownership (but not with those brands) and reached out to Starwood Vacations about this property.

I've never been to the property and have been trying to see if we can get a deal to go out, but the invitations seem to be few and far between, even for potentially serious buyers like myself.

Any recent experiences with folks buying or going through the sales channel at Vacations?
I contacted a resale group, as the points might be worth it at the right price. Definitely not even close to a good deal at the property presentation even after the third round with the closers. The "bonus" points for purchasing is tempting, but once you do the math, you would be seriously in the hole, SPG resales were offered to me at as low as $1 plus the closing costs, though many sellers wanted as much as $1000. Even at that, it was cheaper to buy SPG points when they have their bonus promos. The only benefit of the resale deal would be I needed more SPG points than allowed to be purchased-my younger son is getting married next year and I wanted to give him airfare and hotels for his honeymoon. Found the FL property that allows transfer of points-up to 62,500 for the annual deal- but the annual maintenance costs (apx $1400) was higher than just buying the points.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:26 am

deal at the Westin Maui

I'd be interested if anyone could recommend me for the deal at the Westin Maui.

Mahalo
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by jackyv7

Mahalo
I don't know or believe someone recommends you, somehow the Westin targets you thru some list either guests or other sign up, IMHO...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jackyv7

Mahalo
Go on the timeshare website and register for "more information". You'll get the invite soon enough...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:52 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
I own at the property a 2 bedroom ocean front . I bought new have owned it for almost 15 years now. I would consider selling if anyone had an interest.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:02 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone done one of these recently? They changed from self-parking (included in the Resort Fee) to all Valet Parking, with an additional $30/day. I called the resort and they indicated that, for reservations made before the change, this "should" be waived, but I wanted to see if anyone has an actual experience. We're going in May, and going to enjoy it anyway...just want to see what to (likely )expect.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by brp
Has anyone done one of these recently? They changed from self-parking (included in the Resort Fee) to all Valet Parking, with an additional $30/day. I called the resort and they indicated that, for reservations made before the change, this "should" be waived, but I wanted to see if anyone has an actual experience. We're going in May, and going to enjoy it anyway...just want to see what to (likely )expect.

Cheers.
I believe you have your properties confused. The resort fee and mandatory valet parking you describe is at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, the hotel. This thread and the offer it describes is at The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, the timeshare. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas does not have a Resort Fee and still has self parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.