Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Reply

Old Oct 23, 17, 11:39 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: UA GS, Marriott PPE+A
Posts: 224
I almost never receive the email with the receipt, even though every hotel seems to offer it to me. My solution is to get the print out and convert it to a PDF with my phone.
supergabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 11:57 am
  #122  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Programs: delta spg hilton
Posts: 1
That is insane! I just assumed like Hilton ALL membership programs allowed printing of your portfolio/past stays. I called the hotel 4-6 weeks for a receipt.
tmoen2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 12:44 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT-50. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Posts: 418
Originally Posted by supergabe View Post
I almost never receive the email with the receipt, even though every hotel seems to offer it to me. My solution is to get the print out and convert it to a PDF with my phone.
ive beentold by a few different check in staff at different SPG hotels they they must manually check the box or whatever at checkin to send an email (otherwise it defaults to sending nothing). Not sure how true that is as there are some hotels where Iíve never not gotten a receipt after nightly audits and then again when Iím finally checked out late morning/afternoon but there are some where Iíve never gotten emailed a receipt, even days later and making a point to ask at checkin. I miss the days of them sliding one under the door (a few random locations still do this). I make it a point to grab a hard copy when leaving if I donít already have one in my inbox but it seems like every time Iím in a rush and donít get one is when Iíve gotta email their back office but sometimes that takes a week.
ucfjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 6:33 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the air
Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Posts: 5,141
I usually get my invoices emailed to me, and historically SPG has a near 100% success rate on this. Since the 18th of August it seems like the system is no longer working as I've not been receiving any. I've chased them up with my Ambassador and with the properties, but they seem to be very slow at responding.
EuropeanPete is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 7:13 pm
  #125  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LGA/JFK/EWR
Programs: UA 1KMM, AA PLT, SPG Plat100/LTG, Marriott GLD, Hertz PC
Posts: 18,884
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete View Post
I usually get my invoices emailed to me, and historically SPG has a near 100% success rate on this. Since the 18th of August it seems like the system is no longer working as I've not been receiving any. I've chased them up with my Ambassador and with the properties, but they seem to be very slow at responding.
It has been business as usual for me w/Starwood properties, but with Marriott, I ask for a printout and take a photo of it for my expense submission. Retrograde technology = desperate measures.
UA-NYC is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 10:31 pm
  #126  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Posts: 25,550
I usually ask them to email me the folio when I'm checking out in person.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here before, but on my first visit to the Le Meridien Hamburg, they said I could only either have a printout of the folio or the email of the folio, but not "both"... they said it was some law? So ever since then, I've just asked for the hard copy at checkout. Maybe the law has changed since? Anyway, just weird.
yyznomad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:57 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: VA
Programs: DL GM
Posts: 147
So I stayed at the Schipol airport Sheraton earlier in November. I dropped my card in the Express checkout box, which at least some times in the past resulted in a receipt being in my email inbox. This time, nothing. So thus begins the drama:
  1. I log into my Marriott/SPG account and check my history to hope for a receipt download. No luck
  2. I find an old email for the Schipol airport Sheraton, but it immedately gets bounced because the Sheraton.com stuff isn't active anymore
  3. I look for 'Contact us' info, perhaps an email, on the Schipol Sheraton, but nothing doing.
  4. I call the customer service number, wait on hold, eventually get someone who takes my Marriott number and promises a receipt via email within 48 ours
  5. As you can guess, it's now been about a week, and still nothing

How crazy is this? I can't file my work expenses because I'm missing this one receipt, and I've already put in 10x the amount of work that should be necessary in this day and age to get a simple receipt for a one night stay at a Sheraton. This might be the argument I need to avoid Sheraton's altogether. There's just no excuse for this level of difficulty....

Am I missing an easier way to go about this?

Keith
MSPeconomist likes this.
HornsKeith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:33 pm
  #128  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,140
Originally Posted by HornsKeith View Post
So I stayed at the Schipol airport Sheraton earlier in November. I dropped my card in the Express checkout box, which at least some times in the past resulted in a receipt being in my email inbox. This time, nothing. So thus begins the drama:
  1. I log into my Marriott/SPG account and check my history to hope for a receipt download. No luck
  2. I find an old email for the Schipol airport Sheraton, but it immedately gets bounced because the Sheraton.com stuff isn't active anymore
  3. I look for 'Contact us' info, perhaps an email, on the Schipol Sheraton, but nothing doing.
  4. I call the customer service number, wait on hold, eventually get someone who takes my Marriott number and promises a receipt via email within 48 ours
  5. As you can guess, it's now been about a week, and still nothing
How crazy is this? I can't file my work expenses because I'm missing this one receipt, and I've already put in 10x the amount of work that should be necessary in this day and age to get a simple receipt for a one night stay at a Sheraton. This might be the argument I need to avoid Sheraton's altogether. There's just no excuse for this level of difficulty....

Am I missing an easier way to go about this?

Keith
Call the hotel on the phone (during their business hours), and get someone to pull up the folios and email them to you while you're on the phone. Ie, at this point it's obvious this needs an interactive solution, not a leave a message kind of solution.

(Don't call Marriott/SPG. They're swamped, and they'd have to contact the hotel anyway. So call the hotel yourself. Unless you call the hotel when they're temporarily busy, the hotel itself is not likely to be swamped with merger mess the way Marriott/SPG central is.)

I was able to solve a similar issue (missing folio at another Sheraton, but in this case a missing stay too tied to the missing folio) by asking for the folio printout in person when returning to the same hotel. The closest equivalent I see if you're not returning to the same hotel is to call them up and ask them to do the equivalent while you're on the phone, except obviously emailing rather than printing.

Btw, in case you don't want to spend money on the call, you can call worldwide for free using Google Hangouts (similar to Skype but Skype costs, Google Hangouts doesn't cost).

Meanwhile, you don't necessarily need to avoid Sheratons, but you need to allow time to stop by the desk and get a physical folio printout on any Sheraton stay. If you can't make allow for that amount of time to do checkout, then you should avoid all brands in the Marriott/SPG/Rtiz family for quite a while, I would say (because this missing folio stuff isn't unique to Sheraton, and it'll be a while before the straighten out their IT to where folios will hopefully be more reliably available online after a stay). If you happen to get a folio under your door or in your email before you check out (and you aren't adding any charges after that), then you can do the key drop, but if you don't have the folio yet by the time you're checking out, I would definitely demand a folio printout at this point if you need the folio for reimbursements or any other reason.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 28, 18 at 3:39 pm
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 7:26 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: VA
Programs: DL GM
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Call the hotel on the phone (during their business hours), and get someone to pull up the folios and email them to you while you're on the phone. Ie, at this point it's obvious this needs an interactive solution, not a leave a message kind of solution.
I made an attempt, but the supposed direct line on both the Marriott page and Google maps takes me a menu, and all the options I tried still took me to a call center.

So now I'm using email and sending all manner of stuff (confirmation number, full hotel name, dates of the stay, credit card last four, amount of the charges) to just.... get.... a.... receipt.....

Sigh,
Keith
HornsKeith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 18, 7:19 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: VA
Programs: DL GM
Posts: 147
Originally Posted by HornsKeith View Post
So now I'm using email and sending all manner of stuff (confirmation number, full hotel name, dates of the stay, credit card last four, amount of the charges) to just.... get.... a.... receipt.....
On the plus side, once all I sent in all my notarized forms, they did send me a receipt on the same day. So at least there's that, and my expense report is finally submitted.

Keith
HornsKeith is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: