Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]

Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]

Old May 31, 2015, 10:58 am
Suspended

If you have the transport, stay at the Westin downtown. Up at the top there is a rotating restaurant/bar and you get panoramic views that are worth the extra inconvenience of getting there.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Asiaflyguy
Wow, nice way to refer to another human being, you must be a real joy yourself...
I wouldn't expect you to understand. You would have to go there and be served by her and then it would all make sense.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Sheraton ATL vs. Westin ATL

I always stay at the Sheraton ATL, thinking about trying Westin ATL.

I like the Sheraton ATL because I have my family of 4, and we can eat at the Club Lounge.

Does anyone know if the Westin ATL is good at giving SPG Plat's free breakfast for everyone staying in the room?

Does the Westin ATL have a hottub? Is it any good?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have stayed at the Westin ATL with my wife and 3 kids and they have always been good about giving free breakfast to all of us. The one caveat is that we have booked 2 points rooms in these cases, so not sure if that helps or not to cover all 5 of us.

The breakfast is a buffet style, but is a very good buffet, with lots of hot and cold options and good service.

We always have enjoyed the Westin ATL airport, but it looks like they have recently gone from a Cat 2 (3K pts/rm weekend) to Cat 3 (7K pts/rm) so we will be trying the Sheraton ATL. How is the breakfast and rooms there?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Talking

Originally Posted by The Mile Dog
I have stayed at the Westin ATL with my wife and 3 kids and they have always been good about giving free breakfast to all of us. The one caveat is that we have booked 2 points rooms in these cases, so not sure if that helps or not to cover all 5 of us.

The breakfast is a buffet style, but is a very good buffet, with lots of hot and cold options and good service.

We always have enjoyed the Westin ATL airport, but it looks like they have recently gone from a Cat 2 (3K pts/rm weekend) to Cat 3 (7K pts/rm) so we will be trying the Sheraton ATL. How is the breakfast and rooms there?
Should probably ask that question in the Sheraton thread? It could use an update. He He He
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by The Mile Dog

I rarely used points there anyway as rooms were always available in the 80-100 range. As for the Sheraton Downtown Atlanta, they have on of my favorite indoor pools.(10ft deep). And they have always treated me very well.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Should probably ask that question in the Sheraton thread? It could use an update. He He He
The Sheraton Gateway at ATL airport is gone.

BTW there's a new Renaissance very close to the terminal.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 6/24 to 6/25

Location: The hotel is a little isolated of the ATL Hotels in that it's a bit farther from the airport than some options and you actually get on the freeway to get to it from ATL. Around the hotel is nothing in walking distance except the Marriott. That said the neighborhood is a lot safer and quieter than some other places near ATL.

Hotel: The hotel is an older high rise which is somewhat gray and imposing from the outside in a Brutalist sort of way. The lobby is very nice though thanks to a lot of natural light. Currently there is a small coffee shop which is open in the mornings, a small bar which serves food and is open right now until 11 PM. The restaurants are currently closed as is the pool though the gym is open. The shuttle currently runs every half hour.

Check In: I had called from the baggage claim at ATL to ask about the shuttle and I was told it would wait five minutes for me. I came outside in less than two and watched it drive away. When I tried to call back the phone rang endlessly without being answered. I had to wait a half hour. The agent when I arrived was apologetic at least. I was told Titanium benefits have been suspended so while I was upgraded to a Junior Suite, I was not given any breakfast benefit.

Room: The junior suite itself was of a nice size but needs repair. There are gouges in the walls and places with peeling paint. The living room and desk area are quite nice but the Wifi was unreliable. It dropped me over a dozen times in a three hour period when I was trying to work. The bathroom was also tiny. Furthermore, when I came back to my room the next morning I found a giant roach on the bed. That was unpleasant.

Dining: The staff at the bar are very friendly but overwhelmed. It took 20 minutes to get simple drink requests filled. The coffee shop is fine though having to pay $9 for a coffee and a bagel right now is unpleasant.

Service Recovery: I relayed all my issues at check out to a manager and she comped my stay. I really appreciated that as it was the right thing to do. That said, I am not coming back here. If I can't count on the Wifi, I can't work. And if they're taking shortcuts during COVID on cleanliness standards I don't trust the hotel.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 6/24 to 6/25

Dining: The staff at the bar are very friendly but overwhelmed. It took 20 minutes to get simple drink requests filled. The coffee shop is fine though having to pay $9 for a coffee and a bagel right now is unpleasant.

Service Recovery: I relayed all my issues at check out to a manager and she comped my stay. I really appreciated that as it was the right thing to do. That said, I am not coming back here. If I can't count on the Wifi, I can't work. And if they're taking shortcuts during COVID on cleanliness standards I don't trust the hotel.
Quadruple yuck.

David
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DELee
Quadruple yuck.

David
It's why I refuse to stay at the Westin even if my company has an event there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.