Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
It's been asked a few times but not sure we ever got an answer recently. Do Plats get the fee waived on non-corporate rates?
Typically not. I've had it waived as a frequent guest at the hotel, but not because I was platinum.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Had a great stay here last night. Booked the waived facility fee promo rate online yesterday and was upgraded to the Presidential Suite at check in. Views from the room were great--even for a cloudy day. Had a nice breakfast as well in the restaurant. Hadn't stayed at the property since the initial announcement to leave SPG (and then not to leave) and addition of the facility fee a couple years back. Looking forward to having this is as a category 5 option for visiting staff. The location is generally more convenient and the views from the rooms are nice for people that are visiting. Wish they would just get rid of the facility fee all together as I hate those but will definitely take advantage of the point reduction back to category 5.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Had a great stay here last night. Booked the waived facility fee promo rate online yesterday and was upgraded to the Presidential Suite at check in. Views from the room were great--even for a cloudy day. Had a nice breakfast as well in the restaurant. Hadn't stayed at the property since the initial announcement to leave SPG (and then not to leave) and addition of the facility fee a couple years back. Looking forward to having this is as a category 5 option for visiting staff. The location is generally more convenient and the views from the rooms are nice for people that are visiting. Wish they would just get rid of the facility fee all together as I hate those but will definitely take advantage of the point reduction back to category 5.
I had a very similar experience last weekend, though just a regular suite. Solid breakfast and very good front desk agent. Will consider again if the have the waived fee rate.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:16 am

Would consider this more if they got rid of this ridiculous fee, but it's nice having it back as Cat 5. Without that, there really were no cheapish viable SF options anymore.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:15 pm

Before making my reservation, I called the front desk and asked for a facility fee waiver, as the benefits I would be using were covered under my SPG Gold and AMEX SPG membership and Debbie immediately accepted my request. When I arrived, Monica at the front desk was also amazingly warming, upgrading me two room categories, plus giving me amenity points as well as free breakfast (despite being a mere Gold member.)

I would definitely stay here again, highly recommended.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Recently stayed at this property and on the whole I don't think I'll be back. Was in the area for a weekend personal/leisure stay on a $125/night corporate rate exempt from outrageous facilities fee.

The high point here is the staff who were friendly, responsive and seemed to be very content working here (several had large Teamster Union pins-apparently the contract they have in place starts front desk staff at $20/hr).

Platinum status was recognized; I arrived fairly late and was told no suites were available but they had moved me to a corner room on a high floor. I declined the breakfast and opted for the points as I made a TJs run and this was over Pesach as I didn't want to take a chance on the buffet.

Room was shoe box sized and not particularly well laid out. The hotel is still rife with Westin touches but they seem to have many worn furnishings and fixtures that need replacement. The headboards and built-in nightstand are original Westin as was the bathroom shower head.

Overall I'm a bit conflicted but leaning towards not returning and sticking to St. Regis or WSF. I certainly would not be pleased if I had paid the $300+ this place seems to command during peak periods.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:10 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
SF hotels generally stink for the price they command and this is no exception. But the resort fee, now $44.46, is completely out of hand. On principle, I will never again stay at this property (which I've stayed at more than 50 nights) with their misleading bait and switch practices.

The resort fees at the Parker in NY drove me to Hyatt and siphoned off a good 100 nights from Starwood over the past 2 years. Unreal that we have to deal with this borderline fraudulent behavior in 2017.

You can submit complaints about deceitful drip pricing here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by cmx
SF hotels generally stink for the price they command and this is no exception. But the resort fee, now $44.46, is completely out of hand. On principle, I will never again stay at this property (which I've stayed at more than 50 nights) with their misleading bait and switch practices.
When it's the $15-$20 "resort fee" I think it's a little scummy but it's low enough that I just deal with it. But $45 is freaking outrageous. I've stayed there about 20 or so nights a year but with this the case, i won't be back.

I actually don't mind the hotel but there isn't anything "resort" about it and using this to cover for what would be a reasonable price gives me all the info I need to never stay there again. Bumping up almost $50 opens up other properties in the area and while I'm typically a SPG guy, and extra $500 for a 10-night stay isn't worth it and I'll vote with my wallet.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
I actually don't mind the hotel but there isn't anything "resort" about it
That's probably why the word "resort" does not appear anywhere in the booking for this hotel, and never has.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
A $45 "Facility" Fee is obnoxious and makes it very easy to pass on this property.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
I will be staying in this hotel with my family for 8 nights starting this coming Saturday. Have any plats had luck recently in getting the resort fee reduced to reflect that some of the benefits reflected in the fee are free to plats anyway?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by acrophobia
I will be staying in this hotel with my family for 8 nights starting this coming Saturday. Have any plats had luck recently in getting the resort fee reduced to reflect that some of the benefits reflected in the fee are free to plats anyway?
Just booked this and didn’t notice the $45 facilities fee during checkin. It says it includes stuff like bottled water, free wifi, “wellness kit” (which is basically a packet of toothpaste and a shoeshine pad), etc. all of which would be free at any SPG property as a plat anyway.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The tricky facilities fee at this hotel makes it more expensive than the Westin St. Francis on Union Square

I will not stay here and pay $45 for that garbage they gave to the guests
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does anyone have an email for the GM/reservations manager here so I can request a facilities fee waiver as a Gold guest?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I almost stayed here last night (closer to my meeting later) but I realized once you added in the facility fee the W was actually cheaper...easy choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.