Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 1, 2001, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver

Hey guys,
I'm set to take the new AA service from Zurich to JFK next weekend (coming in from FRA), and I decided maybe I would stop for a day in Zurich and see a little bit of the city. I'd be showing up early am Sat, and leaving am on Sunday (all from Zurich airport). Any idea which Marriott to go for if my priority is sightseeing/walking about... Any ideas on things to do? I noticed there is both a Marriott and a Renessance...
Thanks,
-Shaown

------------------
-Shaown
Old Nov 1, 2001, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The Marriott is near the main Zurich train station (easy/cheap ride from ZRH), the National Museum, major shopping along the Bahnhofstrasse?, and some dining/entertainment. If your plan is to walk the scenic areas of the city, the Marriott is a good choice.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 10:19 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The Renaissance is between the airport and the fairgrounds (ZÜSPA), but way outside the city center. Definitely go for the Marriott "Hotel Zürich", conveniently located a little bit down the river from the main station and the old town.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
One other suggestion, ask for one of the "corner rooms". Ours had a nice view down the river towards central Zurich. Also, try the Thai restaurant in the hotel, it's quite good. I also enjoyed the spa there, too.
Old Dec 26, 2001, 2:39 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Zurich, Switzerland marriott Recommendations

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on a Zurich Marriott?

Traveling there Friday 12/28 on AA in Business.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 26, 2001, 3:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
there is only one Marriott (the former Hotel Zurich), located right in downtown Zurich (6 walking minutes from the rail mainstation and the start of the shopping street: Bahnhofstrasse).

Another Marriott linked hotel is the (near the airport, in a remote areai) modern Renaissance.

The Marriott Hotel online reservation-link shows the exact location of both hotels.
Old Dec 26, 2001, 9:35 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks - I found this today. Was glad I researched both choices - the Marriott downtown is under construction, so I will chill out by airport and take cab into city..))

Happy New Year all.
Old Dec 27, 2001, 11:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I will chill out by airport and take cab into city.</font>
You can take a train instead of a cab.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 9:21 pm

zurich renaissance airport

Can anyone comment on their experience at the Renaissance Airport Hotel?

Thanks.

Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This is quite a nice place with a solid deluxe feel about it. I was there August 2000 for one night. I don't really remember the room as being anything out of the ordinary, but it certainly was not subpar, or I would have made a mental note of that. The restaurant featured a pan-Asian menu and was quite good, as was the service. We were quite pleased with it for the end of trip night before the AM flight out.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
The Marriott Zurich is only a short train ride from the airport, too. It's right in the middle of town next to the river and within walking distance from the train station, shopping and old Zurich. Good Thai restaurant and health spa, too. We stayed there last June on our last night in CH and had no problems getting to the airport.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 9:05 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Renaissance Zurich. How convenient to downtown?

I see at the marriott.com site that this
Hotel is 10kms from central shopping area.
Any opinions on the Hotel and its location to
downtown Zurich area. Please advise. Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2002, 9:11 am
Patron

In my opinion the easiest way is to use the Renaissance/Novotel shuttle bus to/ the airport and from there the train to downtown Zurich.

Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, HH, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
It's NOT walking distance, if that's what you mean, unless of course you have a LOT of time!

IMHO, though, it's nicer than the Marriott Zurich which IS a couple of blocks from downtown. Interestingly enough, the Marriott is a category 6, and the Renaissance is a cat 4, but I liked it better. When I stayed at both earlier this year, I was very impressed with Renaissance, even though I'm not typically wild about contemporary decor. The lounge has a great spread, and the little business center is nice. Small, but nice.

I found the Marriott downtown to be convenient and attractive. And it had a nice view. But I didn't think it was worth the extra points. It was kinda dead. On a positive note, though, the concierge gave me an unsolicited umbrella to take on a walk one morning.

------------------
AA Platinum, 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:26 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I agree with the above comments (but I never stayed at any of them ovrnight - being Zurich based myself).

the Marriott is in walking distance from 'everything' in downtown Zurich - the Renaissance is 10km (6 miles) away, closer to the airport than downtown.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.