Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Earn up to 25,000 Starpoints - Chicago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Earn up to 25,000 Starpoints - Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 1:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by savedsol
Too bad I live here.
You have not been around FT very long to realized that that is no excuse There are lots of reasons to stay at a local hotel -- affairs, getaways, meetings or simply for the points. Combined promos, stay credits and lounge benefits sometimes can be worth almost or even more than cost of the hotel. You don't even have to sleep there.

BTW, welcome to FT.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 26, 2008 at 2:09 pm
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
There are lots of reasons to stay at a local hotel -- affairs, getaways, meetings or simply for the points.
I simply can't resist asking. Did you rank those reasons in order of necessity or probability?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 2:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Most of my local stays have been for points and/or stay credits. I have had a couple getaways, no meetings or affairs. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.