Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:28 am

Breakfast

I don't think we got out of bed in time for breakfast

There are plenty of places in the station (directly across the road) to grab a coffee and something to eat, if you're happy with that.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by zipadee
Thank you for your reply. How is the breakfast? Is it worth getting a rate that includes the breakfast or just do room only? Thanks in advance.
Breakfast is excellent and if you can get a rate giving you breakfast at 20 Euro for two, take it and enjoy (unless you prefer do drink coffee from a plastic cup in the station on the other side of the road which will cost you (inkl. a sandwich about 8 Euro for two).
Old Mar 25, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Breakfast is excellent and if you can get a rate giving you breakfast at 20 Euro for two, take it and enjoy (unless you prefer do drink coffee from a plastic cup in the station on the other side of the road which will cost you (inkl. a sandwich about 8 Euro for two).
Thank you. I do see an executive room rate that lists cafe croissant. Is that a breakfast of what it sounds like or is it the fuller buffet? And how are the executive rooms? This rate was 155 EURO a night versus 135 EURO for AAA
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just returned from two nights at Le Meridien Munich and was quite disappointed. I received absolutely no benefits or recognition as an SPG Gold, had a room on the 2nd floor facing the busy street with no view, twin beds and not a king or queen as requested. I could rant but instead posted my comments on TripAdvisor. I would definitely look at other Starwood properties if/when I return to Munich.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I just returned from two nights at Le Meridien Munich and was quite disappointed. I received absolutely no benefits or recognition as an SPG Gold, had a room on the 2nd floor facing the busy street with no view, twin beds and not a king or queen as requested. I could rant but instead posted my comments on TripAdvisor. I would definitely look at other Starwood properties if/when I return to Munich.
This is sad, you did not like to hotel. It is one of my favourite Starwoods in Munich. However, what kind of view do you exepect in a four (or five?) floor hotel located only on busy streets close to the railway station? And what kind of recognition to you expect as a Gold (not: Plat) in a hotel without a club floor, without a lounge and with a very limited number of room types? Did you book a book a room with a King? If you, I would have complained, if not, there is not reason to complain.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
This is sad, you did not like to hotel. It is one of my favourite Starwoods in Munich. However, what kind of view do you exepect in a four (or five?) floor hotel located only on busy streets close to the railway station? And what kind of recognition to you expect as a Gold (not: Plat) in a hotel without a club floor, without a lounge and with a very limited number of room types? Did you book a book a room with a King? If you, I would have complained, if not, there is not reason to complain.
Unfortunately, my stay was similar to the previous poster's, but as a Platinum, aside from receiving the amentiy card-- I received no other recognition, and was given an inside view of the courtyard.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
had a room on the 2nd floor facing the busy street with no view
Originally Posted by mauld
and was given an inside view of the courtyard.
This is getting funny now: Getting a room facing the street is a reason to complain and getting a room facing the courtyard is a reason to complain. However, there is no third choice. Street or Courtyard. No chance to see the Alps from there. Sad enough. But very central, good enough. However, I checked in today and got one of the very few Junior Suites. However, a room facing the courtyard and no view....
Old Aug 6, 2007, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
My two stays with this hotel were extremely positive, netting an upgrade to the courtyard-facing Junior Suite once, and a street-facing Executive-Suite on the second stay. I would not consider the courtyard-facing rooms to be inferior in any way. In fact, I much preferred the view of the nice courtyard to a view of Bayerstrasse and the Hauptbahnhof.

My stays were around New Years (low season). I can imagine it would be a bit more difficult to score an upgrade at this hotel during the peak summer season. However, I found the staff at the hotel to be quite friendly and helpful, and would definitely stay there again.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
How far from the Pedestrian Area?

How far is the LM from the pedestrian area and the main tourist sights? Is the Four Points closer or further away?

Is the LM far enough away so it's actually easier to get into town via subway from one of the other SPG hotels?

Also, is there a garage at the LM? My wife and I are flying into Munich right around Christmas and doing Euro Delivery on a BMW. We want to spend a few days in Munich exploring the city and the Christmas Markets before driving off to other points in Europe.

When in cities, we much prefer to walk around and see cities on foot.

Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:16 pm

The LM is very close to the pedestrian area, perhaps 4 or 5 blocks and an easy 10 minute walk. The Four Points is further away, perhaps double the distance. If the weather is not nice, just walk across the street and take the subway. I think the pedestrian zone is something like one stop away. The pedestrian zone is nice and there are many nice sights.

A subway ride from any of the other SPG properties would likely take you to the main train station which is right across the street from the LM, so no, it is not easier to get there from the other properties.

I don't know about the parking situation because I didn't drive when I stayed there. I seem to remember some parking garages nearby.

The LM is hard to beat as far as being convenient to the central district of Munich.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emuyshondt
The LM is hard to beat as far as being convenient to the central district of Munich.
I agree. It is directly at Munich Central Startion, if this helps. Walking to "Stachus" will take you 5 minutes and asa you crossed the square you are there. This is more or less the same time you need to walk from the Sheraton Grand to the Subway station.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:18 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
This is getting funny now: Getting a room facing the street is a reason to complain and getting a room facing the courtyard is a reason to complain. However, there is no third choice. Street or Courtyard. No chance to see the Alps from there. Sad enough. But very central, good enough. However, I checked in today and got one of the very few Junior Suites. However, a room facing the courtyard and no view....
My comment about my room was not a complaint-- I was merely stating that on a paid one night (Sat) stay, as a Plat, in off season, I received no recognition aside from the amenity card. In fact, later that evening when I noticed the staff coming around with robes & turndown service for other rooms, and I called to inquire about it, I was told it was only for those in Executive rooms and above and mine did not qualify
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mauld
I was told it was only for those in Executive rooms and above and mine did not qualify
That is not good. However, rest assured, you have not missed too much in respect of room size and quality. Superior rooms and executive rooms are very much the same. The two suite types are sweet. However, they have only a few of the. I regularily get pre-upgraded there but I am certainly a frequently returning customer for them.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 2:03 pm

Does anyone know the breakfast hours on a Sunday? We have a 9AM flight to catch and most likely will have to leave by 6:30AM. How far and how much would a taxi cost from the hotel to airport? Would 30 minutes on a Sunday morning be sufficient?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Does anyone know the breakfast hours on a Sunday? We have a 9AM flight to catch and most likely will have to leave by 6:30AM. How far and how much would a taxi cost from the hotel to airport? Would 30 minutes on a Sunday morning be sufficient?
Train takes 40 minutes and leaves from directly under the hotel. Taxi should be in the range of 25 to 35 minutes on a Sunday morning. Breakfast starts to my recollection at 6:30. If you flight is withing Europe, leaving the hotel by train shortly after 7 will be more than sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.