Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:30 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Meridien Munich for Pla Members

Originally Posted by mauld
My comment about my room was not a complaint-- I was merely stating that on a paid one night (Sat) stay, as a Plat, in off season, I received no recognition aside from the amenity card. In fact, later that evening when I noticed the staff coming around with robes & turndown service for other rooms, and I called to inquire about it, I was told it was only for those in Executive rooms and above and mine did not qualify
I fully agree. I have now stayed twice on biz at teh LM and got no recognition at all as a Plat Unklike the 4p in Olym,Grand and Westpark where I stayed too, I found the staff much friendlier although the reception at the grand can be a bit snotty! Bogenhausen has nice 2 room suite on the 22rd floor when you get upgraded.
I have always really been disappointed at the LM on the basis of value and service.

Overall having stayed at all the Munich *wood hotels, I believe value for money is really the Grand with the lounge and services.

BTW, I have received a note that the Grand is changing name to a Westin as of Jan 2008. Has anyone heard that to?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Just throwing in my 2 cents. Stayed there for two nights a couple weekends ago. Rate was $135 Euro/night, which seems to be cheap compared to peak prices.

Was on the top floor, garden view. Room was nice, but did not find anything spectacular about it. It had an older type look to it. Maybe time for a renovation? I dont think it was really worth the rate, although this could be due to the fact of the dollar exchange rate. Although, the pictures of the arabella park sherton looked very nice, and the rates for that time were 80 some euro a night.

Yea, the hauptbhanof is right across the street. But the transportation system is great in munich, and you can pretty much get to anywhere in 5 minutes via the subway. I probably would check out some of the other starwood properties in munich instead of the LeMeridien if I was in town again.

Staff was polite and friendly, no complain about the help or service.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Peetyrd
It had an older type look to it. Maybe time for a renovation?
You got it.
Think that it needs an update, too (esp. the bathroom).

BTW - last month the bar at the entrance level got a renovation.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 11:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

We had a one night stay here between train and plane. The hotel is extremely convenient for that.

We were given an upgrade to a junior suite, facing the courtyard. It was a spacious room, though the sofa appeared to be a futon and was not the best. We had Hermes toiletries in the bathroom. The maids cart had no Hermes on it, so it is possible you need the upgrade to receive them. We were glad to have the very quiet inward facing room. We could see two areas for eating in the courtyard, one a tablecloth area, the other very relaxed. The hotel has ice machines, which is great for this American.

There are two computers free for use in an alcove just behind the front desk. There is also a cord there where you can hook up your own computer.

The bellman who works day duties was a star. He is Nigerian, very warm and friendly, and takes joy in putting a smile on guests' faces.

There was a wonderful doner place in the next block, great for take away, as well as a lot of good fruit stands.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We had a one night stay here between train and plane. The hotel is extremely convenient for that.

We were given an upgrade to a junior suite, facing the courtyard. It was a spacious room, though the sofa appeared to be a futon and was not the best. We had Hermes toiletries in the bathroom. The maids cart had no Hermes on it, so it is possible you need the upgrade to receive them. We were glad to have the very quiet inward facing room. We could see two areas for eating in the courtyard, one a tablecloth area, the other very relaxed. The hotel has ice machines, which is great for this American.

There are two computers free for use in an alcove just behind the front desk. There is also a cord there where you can hook up your own computer.

The bellman who works day duties was a star. He is Nigerian, very warm and friendly, and takes joy in putting a smile on guests' faces.

There was a wonderful doner place in the next block, great for take away, as well as a lot of good fruit stands.
]

I wish I had known about the alcove when I was there last year. I could have used the computer.

I second your praise of the bellman. He is one of the best bellman's I have ever seen. I thought the front desk staff was quite good, especially when it came to the transportation. I liked the location too. I must say I really liked the bathroom. It was by far the best we saw in our stay in Europe. We had a corner room overlooking the courtyard, one of the higher floors. Room was ready at 8 a.m. when we arrived. I could sing the praises of this LM for hours. We loved our stay and I'd love to return.

If I wanted to go for O'fest in 2009, when can I start booking or is already open? And realistically what should I expect to pay?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:58 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by zipadee
]
...If I wanted to go for O'fest in 2009, when can I start booking or is already open? And realistically what should I expect to pay?
At Le Meridien? You can book this hotel for every day in October 2009 except for the 6th. The rate would depend upon what the actual stay dates would be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 17, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
[QUOTE=Starwood Lurker;9895349]At Le Meridien? You can book this hotel for every day in October 2009 except for the 6th. The rate would depend upon what the actual stay dates would be.

Why not the 6th? Fest ends Oct. 4 so just curious. And thanks for letting me know. I am a Libra and have next year a significant birthday so a return to Munich seemed like the ticket.

And thanks for your help last year. We had a fabulous time in MUC. I'm just bummed the lounge is no more at the Westin St. Louis. I loved that lounge.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 4:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by zipadee
...Why not the 6th? Fest ends Oct. 4 so just curious...
Don't have a clue. There just is no default rate plan coming up for that particular night.

By the way, for the week of September 27 - October 4, 2009, the rates are running from EUR445 - EUR1025, depending upon your room/suite type choice.

Might be a good time to consider using Starpoints for a Preferred (free) Night Award.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 22, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Bar and Gym/Pool renovations

Stayed at LM this week - it is my "usual" hotel for Munich these days but haven't been there since November.

They are doing some refurbishments and the bar on the ground floor is closed and is temporarily moved to a function room on the second floor. Also the Gym (which used to be quite good) is closed and has been temporarily moved to a guest room on the second floor (room 201) - you use your key card for access. They have moved the bed out and put 2 pieces of exercise equipment in its place (a treadmill and a bike). The room is unattended and you use your room card for access.

The pool is also closed (and hasn't been temporarily moved to the second floor )

The front desk told me the renovations would be finished by mid-March (though having looked at their website this morning it says 1 April)
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:39 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Had a great stay at this property.

Was arriving early from the US so emailed the random address on the website with all my Plat 411 and requesting an early check-in and received a warm reply from the front desk manager Ellen letting me know I'd be accommodated one way or another. Arrived at 930am and was again warmly greeted by the same woman who had replied to my email. At this point my GF started getting jealous at all the fawning over me she was doing but I insisted it was my Plat status rather than my animal magnetism that made me the object of the front desk manager's attentions.

We were upgraded from a 129 euro internet-only, pre-pay rate to a 1 br corner suite newly renovated room complete with new room smell (it was room 725).

The room opened to a split (please note the FT luggage tag! ).

On the left was a dressing room, closet and bathroom (with separate shower and tub).

On the right was the living room (the 'bedroom' is behind the divider).

The bedroom (now the living room is behind the divider).

The door to the outside opened and the room looked out over the hauptbhanof

As noted above, Le Bar is temporarily in a meeting room on the second floor but was staffed my excellent bartender (Markus?). Of course, having Le Bar open until 2 (or later ) is really important in city where beer halls close at midnight. ^

The front desk staff was incredibly accommodating when I decided to do on line check-in at 2am after Le Bar closed. God bless 'em.

Minor nit picks: there were 2 body gels instead of a gel and shampoo, and although my GF called down for shampoo it never came. And my GF wanted to work out but both the bike and the treadmill were engaged at the makeshift 'gym' so she just did aerobics in the room. But honestly, neither were that big a deal.

I can't applaud the location enough. Being directly across from the hauptbhanof meant only being outside for moments on treks both short (to the rental car agency at the station) and longer (to Marienplatz). And you can't beat a 9 euro airport transfer with service every few minutes since you can go either direction to get there. ^

It was a great stay at a great location in a great city.

Last edited by kokonutz; Feb 25, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1k
Westin Munich--(yawn)

Just stayed at the westin in Munich--accross from the train station. I would have to say the doorman was the only thing worth giving a thumbs up for--^to the doorman. Check in was quick--lobby small and dark--boring. The rooms have been recently updated (or at least the one I had was), but even then it was drab. Pool was out of commission--for remodel (one of the reasons I booked this hotel was for the indoor pool, for my 7 year old). Being a Gold member meant little to them--not tha I was expecting much, since I have found that most of these awards programs mean little outside the US. Breakfast was 27 Euro and the room rate I was given was at a discounted rate of 159 euro--but they charged me 50 euro for the extra bed for my 7 year old. In the states they rarely charge me for the extra bed for her.

Probably wont go back
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:46 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
There's a Westin in Munich? Is this the Arabella? If yes, I think this review should have been in the master thread.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Sounds like the above was the OP's first (trip?) stay outside the US.. nothing is like "back home" but he/she couldnt even get the name of the hotel right.

Interesting (and silly IMHO) statement "since I have found that most of these awards programs mean little outside the US"

mike
Old Mar 30, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I imagine this is the Le Meridien, since the OP mentions across from the train station and also the remodeling (which is due to end this week or next).
Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

I agree, this appears to be a report on the Le Meridien. It's across from the train station and it has an amazing doorman. Other than that, I have found the hotel a better property than the OP.

I'm going to merge this into the master thread for the Le Meridien Munich.

/mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.