FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/816095-le-parker-meridien-new-york-city-master-thread-leaving-jan-4-2018-a.html)

itsaboutthejourney Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Very good stay. Noticed I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite before arrival by looking on spg.com. Late checkout request honored no problem.

Jr. Suite has the TV unit that sort of divides the room and turns towards the couch in the sitting area or the bedroom.

Free access to Gravity gym, which is a very good hotel gym, it's also a gym for locals so there are a lot of classes and amenities.

The Hamburger stand is great. ^

Overall, the hotel is a bit dated in some areas, but they provide solid service and the touches of humor are a welcome change from so many business hotels.

CIT85 Jan 1, 2009 9:35 am

LEM at Le Parker Meridien

I just came back from a 2 night stay at Le Parker Meridien using my LEM certificates. After the various complications in making my reservation, and with my online reservation showing rack rate of $999 per night, I had no problem checking in. The front desk agent informed me that my 2 night stay has been taken care of and the check in confirmation I signed had a rate of $369 per night. Check out was also very straight forward, without any room charges.

I was pre-assigned a junior suite on the 11th floor facing 56th St and Starbucks across the street. The room had a rotating TV between the sitting area and the bedroom.

Everyone I encountered at the hotel was very nice, except for a French female concierge who was not particularly helpful when I asked about best way to drive out of Manhattan to NJ Turnpike on morning of Dec. 31. Considering that it took me 2-1/2 hours to get through Holland Tunnel on Sunday night, I was not about to get stuck going out due to New Year's Eve barricades.

There were probably more French tourists in the hotel than Americans during my stay. Street noise is also quite loud and takes a bit getting used to.

Somewhere Over the Atlantic Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Any recent Plat experiences?

Since the property raised its participation in the SPG program, have any of the Plats out there had positive or negative experiences w/ upgrades?

CIT85 Jan 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Somewhere Over the Atlantic (Post 11135545)
Since the property raised its participation in the SPG program, have any of the Plats out there had positive or negative experiences w/ upgrades?

I was upgraded to junior suite at LPM New York before New Year's eve on a 2-day award stay.

woolfcross Jan 26, 2009 3:56 pm

No upgrade for this Platinum on a one-night stay in December. But a gold member checking in next to me was given an upgrade--as I learned on an elevator ride with him afterward.

Love the location of this hotel (I always try to stay on the Upper West Side), but there were an awful lot of downsides: check-in took over 20 minutes; front desk person checking me in did not offer Platinum amenity and looked rather cranky when I asked, politely, for it; card key did not work when I got to the door. Front desk told me to return-no offer to have anyone come up to help. So I had to wait ANOTHER twenty minutes in line to get new card key (not wanting to jump the line--everyone was in NYC "feeding frenzy" mode) --no fun after a long trans-con trip.

Room was at best okay--very basic. No way to regulate, or even turn off, heat--room was a steam bath! Windows were filthy--and I'm not someone who notices these things. But when I could barely see the building across the street, I knew something was wrong!

Some business associates came to meet me at Seppis for drinks on Saturday afternoon. A loud jazz combo was playing, so we asked to be at one of the tables at the far end of the bar; the hostess graciously accommodated us. The tables were set with linens and dinnerware, but they were NOT in the dining room proper. But when the waiter came over and heard that we were only ordering drinks, not food, he was very nasty and upset: "I've TOLD her not to do this!!" and went off grumbling. As it turned out, no one else came to sit in our section (at the relatively dead hour of 3-5 p.m) so he lost no "food" business. Indeed, we ended up ordering about $70 of wine by the glass (Seppis ain't cheap) and gave him a commensurate tip, so he did rather well. Still, his open rudeness was embarrassing, to say the least, in front of my colleagues--and very much not something I expect from a first-class hotel.

All in all, not a great first experience. I return to NYC this coming weekend on the very nice stay-two-nights-get-the-third-one-free promo. The difference between the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers (the other almost-Upper West Side hotel) and LPM was only $150 for all three nights, but I went for the Sheraton. Just not worth it--and that's saying an awful lot, given the difference between the two brands.

gottigotti Jan 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Stayed here 1 night two weeks ago. Check in was easy, and upgraded to a junior suite. Plat recognition upon check-in. no one was in line ahead of me so quick check-in. I did notice that the temp control in the room is a little poor. I ended up cracking my window to let it cool down.

EleanorMcDaniel Jan 29, 2009 6:59 pm

I just finished a two night stay at Le Parker Meridien New York City.

As an SPG PLT I was upgraded to a two room suite, as described earlier in this thread. I was asked about the PLT amenity at check in, had no line, and was very pleased about the room and service. (Next time, I might ask for a suite facing Central Park instead of the south facing room I had, but that's no big deal).

I had two awesome breakfasts at Normas, and overall, was quite happy with this hotel.

Note that a web reservation dropped from $1000 to $275 with an AAA rate, and they never ask for your card. (Yes, of course, I am an AAA member.)

I like this location very well, and have already booked a return stay.

njwoods13 Feb 20, 2009 12:41 pm

We stayed in the Parker Meridian about 10 days ago having reserved through priceline. As a SPG courtesy we did get a nice upgrade to upper floor with view

mktozd Mar 9, 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 10869175)
Yes, Starwood Lurker announced the good news a month back. Thus, we have fresh interest in both the Palm Springs and New York properties.

I have stayed at Le Parker Meridian in New York several times now and found it to be one of my favorite Starwood properties in midtown, vastly superior to any of the Sheratons. Burger Joint is fun at night

rmtrack Mar 9, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 11292696)
Anyone?

Stayed there as a Plat in Dec 08 and was upgraded to a small suite. I like the hotel. It has, of course, a very European feel to it. Great bistro for dinner and the best breakfast in town.

stevens397 Mar 9, 2009 8:07 pm

My business partner and I (both Platinums) are using our free Platinum gift nights there in June. That was only made possible when it was lowered to Cat 5.

Looking forward to it.

gleff Mar 9, 2009 8:23 pm

I'll be using my Platinum gift night here as well. :)

sbtinme Mar 9, 2009 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 11388204)
I'll be using my Platinum gift night here as well. :)

As shall I, next month!^:-:;):cool:

Norton26 Mar 10, 2009 3:10 pm

I am staying there end of March... have two room booked on SW points... They just lowered requirements from 20,000 to 13,000 pn.

thepointsguy Mar 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Norton26 (Post 11393016)
I am staying there end of March... have two room booked on SW points... They just lowered requirements from 20,000 to 13,000 pn.

13,000? What redemption level is that? Cat 5.25? ;)

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 28, 2009 5:35 am

Le Parker Meridien New York 3/2009 nice

Preface: Doing the MR thing on UA for DEQM and using the last of the LEMFN promo nights.

Rate: LEMFN This property previously was not allowing use or was a cat. too high. So it was nice to use for this stay.

Transportation: Since there were three of us took a cab from JFK. $45 plus toll and tip.

Parking: n/a

Check-in: I was a little concerned with this. I took a look at my reservation before leaving and it was nolonger listd under spg.com. I called the P desk and they confirmed it still existed. I was pre-assigned a room on 9 but knew from the threads not to take a lower floor. That is 100% correct. Everything was great last evening but this morning something is going on at street level and it is noisey. And we are on a 30 plus floor. I asked the agent about a park view plus a higher floor. She ended up keeping us in a junior suite on a high floor with no park view. The hotel runs the length of the street so either you will get a park view or city view. If you are on a lower floor that will easily be a city view period as buildings front the hotel before seeing the park.

At least on this floor evens are city and odd is park. The corner odds look like the best rooms.

Perks: Upgrade as noted plus amenity card choice. No lounge here.

Lounge: None.

Room: You enter onto stone which quickly changes to carpet. The sizing of the room is two but there is no door between. To the right is a frig which is automatic and there is no space for anything. There is no coffee set-up or packets. FYI. On the wall you have a desk with overhead light and then small conference table. Then you have a entertainment set-up which is on a swivel stand. Tube Sony tv, vcr and dvd player. This is where you pass into the bedroom area. On the window area you have a sitting area with cushion coming around you have a sofa and then closet with a curtain. The sofa has a small table.

The bedroom is standard with a closet which has two doors. No sitting area by window on this side. Our friend is in xx08 which is also a junior suite but this one is layed out better and is bigger.

It has been reported that heating and air is difficult to control which is true. I have no idea who they even have a thermostat box. Two in our room. Because if you mess with it and nothing happens. The room is stuffy.

Bathroom: The floor is stone. Pretty standard with a single basin sink and walk in glass shower. No door and no bathtub. Amenities are from New York. Will try and get name. Aka that means wife packed them away already. Must have smelled decent then.

Internet: The hotel and service provider insist the room has wired access. I could only get on wireless. They have a weird system but maybe it is designed to prevent intrusion. Once you go via the steps you need to close the browser and re-open. Then I had a fresh screen. The rates are not listed unless you click another screen. I think the total is $16.20 all in per day. Hoping that is a 24 hour period.

Gym: Access to gravity gym was included and you will be given access card.

Spa: I believe they have one. Not been.

Eating venues: Not been.

Local markets and area: You are close to everything. Nice location.

Negatives: A few but none that would keep one from staying here.

Closing: I would return without question. Much better than the traditional Sheratons in NYC but it would be nice to have a Lounge. Easy walking to everything but noise is a issue which it always is in NY. Regards from NY.

AZ Travels the World Mar 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Location, location, location

I spent the weekend at this hotel as well. It has been years, pre-Starwood's existence, since I'd stayed here.

I've been quite loyal to the W Court for many years, but after a difficult experience on my last stay, I decided to try this property on this visit. I liked it, for many of the reasons RTWSTARALLIANCE points out above. The W Court may have lost a loyal customer, as I've already booked my next stay back here at the PM.

I, too, was upgraded to a very nice junior suite. It's not as large as the suites at, say The Court, but it's a very efficient use of space and quite comfortable. I was told by the front desk agent that it's what I can expect at the hotel as a Platinum SPG member. He acknowledged that the hotel is trying hard to attract the SPG members, especially elite ones, that it spurned for so long by not participating in the program.

My biggest problem with the hotel was that I could not cool the room without opening both of the windows. I called engineering and they sent someone to my room to tell me that the a/c has not yet been turned on for the season. Such is life in a shoulder season, I guess, when the weather was warmer than average.

This doesn't have much to do with the hotel itself, but I'll share it anyway, perhaps to spare someone my experience. In the lobby, across from the front desk is a small shaving store, where a very nice man is providing shaves for gentlemen. I've always imagined that to be quite a luxury and as I had not yet shaved for the day, I decided I'd indulge myself and see what it was like.

It started off nice, with a couple moisturizers and a hot towel to loosen up my face, but that's where things took a turn for the worse. Shaving cream was applied and then I swear he book out a butter knife and proceeded to rake the whiskers off my face. It was absolutely brutal. He finished and I could finally relax -- but then he started a second round, for more of the same. He concluded with a type of astringent that I thought was melting my face, then applied an ice cold towel, which was the only thing that kept me from running out into the street and sticking my face in the storm drain.

Later, at dinner, I described the experience to my friends as what I would imagine it to feel like to be drug from the back of a taxi, my face skidding along on Sixth Ave. OK, maybe a slight exaggeration -- but it was truly miserable. As the day and night wore on, my face and neck broke out into a full-on rash. I'm still liberally applying hydrocortisone to keep it under control.
So, if you have a sensitive face, don't even consider giving in to the romantic notion of someone providing you with the 'shave of a lifetime' -- at least at the Parker Meridien.

Otherwise, this was a great hotel in an absolutely fabulous location in upper midtown -- close to shopping, theater, restaurants, the park -- everything but the financial district. I highly recommend it.

Norton26 Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Just completed my stay at the Le Meridien Parker in NYC... mixed reviews...

The staff was nice. The maid did a good job of screening me when I asked for access to my room without a key or ID.

Gravity is outstanding for a hotel gym.

Like most hotels in NYC, the rooms are smallish.

No coffee maker in the room... I did not ask for one, not sure if available.

It was in the 40's outside, but our heat stayed on so high as to make the room too hot. Had to keep the window partly open to adjust the temp.

TV's are dated. I didn't like the bed and linens nearly as much as the Westin DFW I stayed in after leaving NY.

We had two rooms - one Jr. suite connecting with a regular bedroom for 5 nights, all on SWood points.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Crud.

Now I am really disappointed we did not meet. I had to see that. I thought the same thing. A shave via a straight razor. Never had one and guess maybe now never will.

We had an issue this morning. Stupid. Just be forewarned that the Hotel "may conduct a safety check on the elevator banks which lasts at least 15 minutes". We made it down the 30 plus floors but it meant taking the service elevator to 22 then transfer to a bank that was working down to the lobby. The front desk agent and security could care less.

We will be back. The burger joint and Norma's has our curiosity going. But glad to be home.

stevens397 Mar 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Don't need to be curious about Norma's. The best brunch in NYC - period!

Globehopper Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm

And I too was there this weekend!

I too was at this same hotel this weekend, having checked out at 15:56 earlier this weekend.

I really wanted to use my LM free night certificate in Bora Bora or some other more exotic locale, but just ran out of time as the certificate expires end of March.

I had very similar experiences to the OP, and was in a Junior Suite on a high floor.

I too checked my reservations at SPG.com prior to arriving at the hotel and could not find it on line. In fact the Aloft Minneapolis showed up as my next stay, even though it was the third stay coming up. But entering the hotel's confirmation number enabled me to see that I had been pre upgraded to a Junior Suite, City View, which the front desk clerk assured me that we would like. We did, even though I would much prefer a park view. So it is a trade off between room space and view.

Fortunately, our city view was tall enough to clear the roof line of the tall building across the street and one could see the Sheraton Towers, Rhiga Royal, Hilton and City Spire (apt), GM Building and numerous other Manhattan buildings.

One slight correction to the OP: the hotel runs the width of the street between 56 & 57 Street, and does not run the length of the street. In fact, technically a portion of the lobby is supposed to be considered Public Space in exchange for being allowed to construct a taller building height. Where the lobby bar is today, this was originally a public arcade or mid block passage way open to the public. I'm not sure how the hotel was able to "take back" this public space, but they have. Examples abound in NYC where developers put in a public plaza (in name only) then usurp it for private purposes.

The rooftop pool provides views in 3 directions with an outdoor balcony.

In terms of decor, this is akin to some hotels I've stayed at in Japan and almost as space efficient as the Sheraton Park Tower in Knightsbridge.

Perhaps the OP and the 2nd poster was in a floor above or below me? Earlier around 12:28 Sunday I saw someone in the barber shop being shaved; perhaps it was AZ...?

I'm not clear as to whether the OP prefers the XX08 Junior Suite or the OP's Junior Suite?

In reply, the toiletries in use are Peter Thomas Roth (sounds like a law firm).

Not all floors have ice machines and as noted, there are no in-room coffee machines. Also, unlike the Grand Hyatt next to Grand Central, the hotel does not provide free Sunday newspapers--even upon request. Not good.

For those who enjoy Thai food, Topaz two doors down from the hotel is a good Thai food place. As it is often crowded, we enjoyed the food in our Junior Suite.

Park Cafe at 861 7 Avenue is a solid New York type diner for breakfast where when you order "Whiskey down" the staff knows what to bring you.

Sometime I'll have to try the French restaurant connected to the hotel where a $25 all inclusive Sunday Brunch with unlimited chocolate desert bar and live Jazz music is available. But my friend (another FT SPG Plat) wanted to eat at the Park Cafe.

This is a good New York hotel choice.

troyb Mar 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Funny, I almost stayed here this weekend as well. Glad I didnt because it seems like there was some stiff competition for upgrades.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 30, 2009 7:30 am

And I know a couple other FTers who are also SPG Ps have not chimed in on the thread. They at least looking at the floor map seem to have lots of those junior suites.

tinytina Mar 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Oooh, good to hear it seems like a nice place to stay. I'll be staying there this weekend... hope I get a somewhat nice room too. Is anyone else going to be there this weekend? I have an extra ticket to the NY Philharmonic's Saturday matinee if anyone's interested :)

stevens397 Mar 30, 2009 2:02 pm

Could some one chime in one the size and layout of the Junior Suite. We'll be there in a number of weeks for our free Platinum night. Could not tell from the photos if the Junior Suite is two rooms or not. Looks like it might be separated by a partial wall with the TV but hard to see on line.

Thanks.

AZ Travels the World Mar 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 11499752)
Could some one chime in one the size and layout of the Junior Suite. We'll be there in a number of weeks for our free Platinum night. Could not tell from the photos if the Junior Suite is two rooms or not. Looks like it might be separated by a partial wall with the TV but hard to see on line.

It's roughly the size of two standard, smallish NYC hotel rooms. The one I had was not physically or visually divided with a door or curtain. In the center, where you cross from one space to the next, the plasma TV is mounted on the wall with a swinging arm that allows you to turn it to face toward the living room, or the bedroom.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 30, 2009 2:48 pm

AZ is spot on. But in our junior suite we had a half circle entertainment center which contained the tv, dvd/cd and vcr palyers. Tube tv. The unit would swivel. It was easy to work at the desk without disturbing my wife who was sleeping. If someone needed to they could sleep on the sofa and maybe a child on the seat below the window. That would be the max. The bed was not what I would consider a king size. More like queen.

stevens397 Mar 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. My wife, God bless her, can sleep forever while 7:30 is a miracle for me. I was hoping I would be able to go to the seating area, turn on a light and read without bothering her.

We'll see. Maybe I'll actually sleep!

Globehopper Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Floorplans on line!

Originally Posted by stevens397 (Post 11499752)

Thanks.

View the floorplans for the Junior Suite at:

www.parkermeridien.com/rooms_suites.php

According to the plan, it is ~473 sq ft.

There appear to be rooms with the swivel circular metal entertainment unit, and ones with a plasma TV on swing arm. While I normally prefer the latter technology over the clunky CRT type TV, in this case the metal entertainment unit actually helps to divide the two rooms nicely!

I now see that I should have asked for a Central Park Suite or a CP Junior Suite!

stevens397 Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Gee - what's wrong with the Presidential Suite! :p

wrxmom Mar 30, 2009 10:38 pm

+2 for Norma's. Portions are HUGE, can easily share.

Burger Joint - a bit overrated and pricey but if you want to see a bunch of celebrity autographs eat there.

SanDiego1K Mar 31, 2009 4:27 pm

I was very happy with my stay here. The location works for me. I can walk to restaurants, to shops, to the theatre district. I like staying in a quieter area than the Times Square neighborhood. Subway access is excellent.

I was checked in by Paul at the front desk, who had a great attitude about platinums. As others have reported, hotel policy is to do its best to put folks in a junior suite. In many hotels, these junior suites would be called a suite. We had a living area with a small table with 2 seats, as well as a sofa and desk table at the window. We had the swivel entertainment area which served as a visual barrier between the two rooms. The bathroom was accessed from the living room. It had a large walk in shower.

Our room was xx04. We saw a friend's xx04 room. While it also was a suite, it was a different configuration. Looking at the floor map, it appeared to me that there were a number of suites on our floor. Thus, this hotel should be very good for platinums.

The hotel has a computer in a room behind the front desk where you can print boarding cards. Ask, and you will be given access.

We were allowed to take a bottle of water from the room minibar. Otherwise, there was no water in the room. Further, they have no evening turndown service.

We were very happy with our stay.

tinytina Mar 31, 2009 6:07 pm

thanks SD1K! did your room have a park view vs. city view?

SanDiego1K Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

I had a city view room.

NJUPINTHEAIR Mar 31, 2009 7:09 pm

FYI: Seppis no longer participates on IDINE as of 4/1/09.

RTWSTARALLIANCE May 3, 2009 6:23 pm

Different than last-

As a P knew we were upgraded before arriving. Got a junior suite again little smaller than last.

The ventilation in the bathroom is awful, the mattress on the bed is dated and the lack of sprinklers in the room makes you wonder how old this place is. Still a nice SPG spot for NY.

We ate at Norma's. $66 plus tip for two. The food was pretty decent. Can not say it is the best we ever had. The lack of ventilation made it uncomfortable for everyone. It was the one solid comment from the tables around us.

Picked up a sandwich from the Carnegie Deli for dinner yesterday and then Cosi after the show this evening.

Yesterday went to the theatre and picked up two nice tickets for the afternoon performance of Wicked today. We loved it.

Tomorrow the Menchanko Tei will re-open near the Hotel. This should be a branch like the one in Honolulu near the Sheraton Waikiki. Will give it a try before flying out. Regards from NY.

andymo99 May 7, 2009 8:58 pm

I am at LPM tonight after making a reservation just this morning.

I had to wait a few minutes to check-in, but once the clerk noted my creds, he was effusive with welcomes for a SPG Plat guest. He was saying what an influx they've gotten since they started participating, and asking me about my travel frequency to NYC. I noted that I come here often, but the LPM was on the do-not-stay list until they changed policy. He noted that this seemed to be the case for many. He explicitly said they wanted to impress me to earn repeat visits. He also discussed the free weekend nights promo to ensure I was familiar with it. He had a suite upgrade ready for me (the junior suite that others have received, with the swiveling tv). It is fine - not outstanding but I am satisfied. (note I had the same room type a few years ago when I didn't realize the non-participation, and hadn't stayed here since.) Oh, my rate is $275 - all of NYC seems significantly lower than the norm.

Waiting for me in the room was a notecard personalized to me, saying among other things "You no longer have to choose between us $ SPG. We're glad to have you back!" Alongside this was a complimentary liquor mini, shot glass and jar of cashews. Classy move!

LPM is definitely on my priority list for NYC stays - and very convenient to my NYC office too.

RTWSTARALLIANCE May 8, 2009 6:44 am

We had a couple issues after my post-

Engineering in bathroom. I will leave that to your imagination.
Given late check-out then called by the front desk a little after noon and asked what our stay "plans" were.
Item on the bill which needed to be adjusted off which appeared after we were back in the office.

I hope the amenities will continue as noted in the last post. This was not the case this past weekend for us.

I did pick up two burgers from the Joint. It was a long wait. Told we could call down from the room with an order then pick-up. Also told many offices around the area do the same thing. The burger was tasty and the fries ok. The line was bothered when a group of women came in and took two tables in the back. The manager immediately went over to welcome them and take their order. That put six or eight burgers ahead of everyone along with brownies. (They were not models.)

All being said the LPM is a new home in NYC. Not esp. home like the old Sheraton Russell but it will do. The cheap rates at the Sheratons and the current promotion however tempt me to mattress run hotels when in NYC. Oh. And mattress being said. Those at the LPM are very very very bad. Not comfortable. We both woke every morning with a back ache.

shinbal May 9, 2009 6:38 am

Just completed a two-night stay here. First time at the property for me. Reception was warm, friendly, and very easy. Upgraded to a junior suite which was just perfect for my needs. I agree with RTW that the mattress was uncomfortable. The room, in some ways, felt a bit hostel-ish with the style of furnishings, but it wasn't a bad thing.

Service in the hotel was top-notch, but prices were ridiculous. $27 for cleaning a shirt, plus taxes and fees; $31 for a sundae. A good sundae, nonetheless - but $27 - sheesh!

I requested and was granted a 4PM checkout without so much as a blink.

The real win for me with this hotel's joining SPG is that it's right across the street from my NY office. And, it's on our company's preferred and negotiated properties list.

I didn't get to the gym this time, but can't wait for the next visit. Folks in my NY office rave about that gym.

PHL May 9, 2009 7:36 am

This is amazing.

I was trying to redeem my plat gift and called the SPG line to ask which hotels in NYC are cat 5. She told me the Sheraton NY Towers, Sheraton Manhattan, Chelsea 4 Points and W (on Lexington). I'm glad I checked this board because I hadn't been aware that the LPM is cat 5, let alone was even an option. I spent so many years in NYC in the 2000-2006 time frame, that I just got accustomed to the choices and forgot totally that LM joined the program a while back.

So, reading through this thread I don't think I found ONE consistent negative theme. And I don't think I read about any platinum *not* getting a junior suite upgrade. I'm going to be there for a single Saturday night in mid June on my plat gift award night. Looking very forward to it!

One comment about those who aren't seeing/didn't see their reservation on spg.com on the day of arrival...This seems to be a problem with the web site and/or rez system flagging your reservation as a 'past stay' on the day of arrival. If you click the 'past stays' tab in your reservations, you'll see it.....

I raised this issue in a thread of its own a few weeks ago. Haven't checked lately to see if it's been fixed, though....