Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Old Jul 1, 09, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER View Post
What kind of issues did you have?
Maybe the term "issues" was a little harsh but I did have to set the temperature much lower than I usually do to achieve a comfortable temperature in the room. This would jive with gleff's comment that the actual room temperature was off a couple of degrees with the termostat reading. Definitely would not call it an oven but I can't remember the last time I had to set the temp in a room much lower than 66 to achieve a temp I was comfortable with. (definitely not as bad as the aloft AC units I have experienced!!) I think the way the AC vents come up by the desk area under the windows doesn't exactly help cool the room too.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 1, 09 at 1:08 pm
Old Jul 1, 09, 1:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Hilton, Aeroplan, Airmiles, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I think the way the AC vents come up by the desk area under the windows doesn't exactly help cool the room too.
Are these individual A/C by the window or is it a forced central air system?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jul 6, 09 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 7, 09, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Just did a 3 night stay here over the 4th of July weekend. Booked on free weekend nights and Gold status got me a jr suite on the 15th floor and a 4PM checkout on Sunday.

Definitely great location, nice and easy walk to the park or to the theatres.

Temperature was okay, didn't have any trouble keeping ourselves cool.

Only complaint would be our old CRT TV that had some color issues. I did like the swiveley entertainment center thingy though.
Old Jul 9, 09, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, SPG Corporate Preferred
Le Parker GM Email

Does anyone know the email for the GM of Le Parker New York? I have a stay coming up and there wasn't an address listed in the confirmation email. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 09, 12:58 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by DUKEswoosh View Post
Does anyone know the email for the GM of Le Parker New York? I have a stay coming up and there wasn't an address listed in the confirmation email. Thanks!
Hi DUKEswoosh,

Unfortunately, I do not give out the contact address of GM in our properties. If you need assistance from the property, you might like to write to them at their published email:

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jul 27, 09, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've got a one nighter coming up and would welcome any recent reviews from plats or otherwise.
Old Jul 28, 09, 7:36 am

Had a one night stay here last week.

Positives...

Upgraded to a suite on the 39th floor. It was technically one room as there was no door, but the TV tower served as a wall divider so it felt like two rooms.

Very impressed with the decor. It had all the modern-ness of a W but without the trendyiness.

Huge bathroom and great shower (note, no tub)

Burger Joint was tasty (burger place just off the check-in desk that does nothing but burgers and fries. Line out the door but it moves quickly)

The quality of the F&B in the lobby was good. Had a coffee in the morning and a drink in the evening at Nave. Both were tasty and the room itself is impressive. Had a late breakfast at the breakfast place whose name i'm forgetting. Also very good.

Negatives...

Big hotel but without sufficient infrastructure... I think three elevators for the 24-42 floors. Only two or three people at the check-in desk, etc.

The prices for F&B I felt were over the top, even for Manhattan ($6 for a cappuchino, $15 (? It may have even been $18) for a cocktail, breakfast would have easily been $40 if not for restaurant week)

Not necessarily a negative, but for someone who's used to Union Square and the east side of Mid-town the neighborhood was not ideal. Still pretty touristy in that area between the park, times square, and Rockefeller Center.

Overall, I loved the hotel, just wish they would build a duplicate on the east side.
Old Aug 3, 09, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I finished my stay and really like this hotel.

I was on a fully prepaid rate booked at spg.com...reasoanble rate for the city.

I tried to check in right around lunch but the room they had blocked me into wasn't ready; it was a jr. suite with a city view (they said all such rooms are city view).

I hung out in the bar area, used the free wifi and had a sandwich.

The room was ready around 3:00 after my second meeting so I checked in and got settled. The room was two rooms, though there was no door breaking them apart. The bathroom was large, the shower was huge and the toiletries were all good stuff and plentiful. I loved the free wifi at this hotel.

I didn't eat at the burger joint as the line was constantly a block long. I did eat at the little bar/rest attached to the hotel that isn't officially part of the hotel (forget the name). I had some spicy lamb sausage and pesto pasta...both yummy.

I'd certainly return to this hotel over the two Sheratons and possibly over the W Times Square depending on my meeting location and budget. I feel I received good treatment as a plat and the hotel was nice for the dining and working that I needed to get done.
Old Aug 3, 09, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
I didn't eat at the burger joint as the line was constantly a block long.
You're up in your room. Call concierge. Have them connect you to Burger Joint. Place order on phone. Wait 10 minutes. Go downstairs, walk past the entire line right up to the front, stand beside the first person in line. Tell the cashier you have a pickup order. They'll get you your food while you pay and everyone else waits.
Old Aug 4, 09, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by gleff View Post
You're up in your room. Call concierge. Have them connect you to Burger Joint. Place order on phone. Wait 10 minutes. Go downstairs, walk past the entire line right up to the front, stand beside the first person in line. Tell the cashier you have a pickup order. They'll get you your food while you pay and everyone else waits.
^ Good to know for next time Gleff.
Old Aug 4, 09, 7:38 am
Suspended

Dingo,

If you mean Seppis, the French bistro, it should be part of the hotel to earn points as it is listed on their website as one of their restaurants. If you have your bill you should submit it to SPG.

NJ
Old Aug 4, 09, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AZ Club Ulisse
Originally Posted by gleff View Post
I will definitely use this trick next week. Never tried a hamburger there, a lot of people are telling me it's definitely worth a visit...
Old Aug 4, 09, 11:02 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dingo View Post

I hung out in the bar area, used the free wifi and had a sandwich.

I loved the free wifi at this hotel.
I do not recall free wifi in the rooms... Is free wifi only in the public spaces?
Old Aug 4, 09, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ACfly View Post
I do not recall free wifi in the rooms... Is free wifi only in the public spaces?
It was free in both the room and public spaces.
Old Aug 4, 09, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
Dingo,

If you mean Seppis, the French bistro, it should be part of the hotel to earn points as it is listed on their website as one of their restaurants. If you have your bill you should submit it to SPG.

NJ
That's the one; I did charge back to the room now that I look at the receipt! Good food, nice bar, good help.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: