Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by wolvie007

what was fast?
That they are now listed as a LHW hotel.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Is it worth it to try this hotel out before it leaves SPG. I live in NY so it is basically a night out on the town with my wife. I cant even sleep there as we have to take our kids to school the next day. ( I got a good rate of $199)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by bknets88
Is it worth it to try this hotel out before it leaves SPG. I live in NY so it is basically a night out on the town with my wife. I cant even sleep there as we have to take our kids to school the next day. ( I got a good rate of $199)
Not sure why you would consider doing this as it is not that good of a hotel. If I were planning a "staycation" in NYC I definitely would not pick the Parker as the place to go....but to each his/her own. Now if I needed one night to requalify for Platinum and this was the best rate in the city and I wanted to stay in the city then I might take the opportunity before it departs SPG.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by christianj
Not sure why you would consider doing this as it is not that good of a hotel. If I were planning a "staycation" in NYC I definitely would not pick the Parker as the place to go....but to each his/her own. Now if I needed one night to requalify for Platinum and this was the best rate in the city and I wanted to stay in the city then I might take the opportunity before it departs SPG.
the only purpose would be just to try this hotel out quickly before it leaves SPG. I do not need the stay credit I already re qualified

so my my question was if this hotel is worth to try it out. It seems like a no according to you
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
the only purpose would be just to try this hotel out quickly before it leaves SPG. I do not need the stay credit I already re qualified

so my my question was if this hotel is worth to try it out. It seems like a no according to you
I had a perfectly nice stay here this summer with the burger joint, the rooftop pool and a decent upgrade playing into it. The room keys are very memorable, too!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton

Also in NYC and we have had a couple of lovely staycations here. Love the Knave bar for people watching.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I hear Marriott wanted to turn this into a Courtyard and the owners refused; hence the alignment with Leading Hotels.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:14 am

Dear Parker Guest,

As you may have heard, we are launching into a brand new adventure in 2018.

Privately owned and managed, we have always prided ourselves in retaining our individuality. Through the years, Le Meridien was a wonderful partner, but now that it is part of a much larger organization, it no longer aligns with who we are and where we want to be.

Effective January 4th, 2018 we are joining The Leading Hotels of the World, a curated collection of independent and distinct luxury hotels.

In addition to this new and exciting news, Parker New York (yes, no longer Le Parker Meridien New York) will undergo a multi-million dollar renovation with designer Lazaro Rosa-Violan. Parker Palm Springs completed its renovation just this past year with designer Jonathan Adler.

So what's changing for you?

Well, it is true that we will no longer be part of the SPG loyalty system. The Leading Hotels of the World does have a loyalty program called Leaders Club - we'd love to talk to you about it upon your next stay, or you can click here (don't worry about the cost - we may be able to help).

Other than that, you will still find the same friendly faces at each property.

We looking forward to welcoming you on either coast soon!

In the meantime, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for a Wonderful New Year.

I had an OK stay back in 2015 but reflagging Le Parker as a LHW before any renovations is really pushing it IMHO.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:40 am

Ended up cancelling
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Ended up cancelling
same here
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I've always found the hotel a little annoying. They always seemed reluctant participants in the SPG program and the resort fee was just total BS.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Buh, bye! Even before this property joined SPG they were a rude,unaccommodating property. When joined SPG they still gave the runaround to SPG Plat's.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Epicura
Dear Parker Guest,
Privately owned and managed, we have always prided ourselves in retaining our individuality. Through the years, Le Meridien was a wonderful partner, but now that it is part of a much larger organization, it no longer aligns with who we are and where we want to be.

Pretty clear they don't want to be affiliated with MaRiot. I don't blame them.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
So, my company holds a conference here in early December, and we have done so for several years. With apologies for the lack of sample size, I would say that the hotel had far less activity than in prior years. I don't know if this is attributable to leaving the SPG program, but it is at least one explanation - again, assuming my observations are correct in terms of capacity. I do know that the hotel wasn't sold out, as it has been in prior years, as one of my clients booked a room last minute at a pretty decent rate. I suppose if you aren't packed with point users, it still could be worth it for the hotel as is.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Score8
So, my company holds a conference here in early December, and we have done so for several years. With apologies for the lack of sample size, I would say that the hotel had far less activity than in prior years. I don't know if this is attributable to leaving the SPG program, but it is at least one explanation - again, assuming my observations are correct in terms of capacity. I do know that the hotel wasn't sold out, as it has been in prior years, as one of my clients booked a room last minute at a pretty decent rate. I suppose if you aren't packed with point users, it still could be worth it for the hotel as is.
I doubt they were filled with points users. It was 75K Marriott a night which is a rip-off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.