Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

(Expired) Min 2 nights Sheraton 1000 bonus pts max x3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Haven't seen this posted (no doubt someone will post if it has been ) and it expires feb 29 but may be of benefit to some.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...language=en_En

Terms and Conditions

Offer is valid for Starwood Preferred Guest members who register for this offer.
Offer is valid at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts.
Offer is valid for stays booked and completed between November 1, 2007 and February 29, 2008.
Stays with an arrival date prior to November 1, 2007, even if the stay includes nights within the promotional period, are not eligible to receive the bonus Starpoints.
To participate in this offer, the Starwood Preferred Guest member must register online or by calling a Customer Contact Centre and mentioning registration code LSS.
A minimum length of stay of two nights is required.
Registered Starwood Preferred Guest members who stay between the offer dates will earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints after the first stay, 1,000 bonus Starpoints after the second stay and 1,000 bonus Starpoints after the third stay.
A maximum of 3,000 bonus Starpoints per member may be earned for this offer.
Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 4-6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account.
An eligible stay is defined as two or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur.
A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
Only one bonus per stay will be awarded per member irrespective of the number of rooms booked or the number of individual reservations. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.
Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
Offer not applicable to groups.
Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
Void where prohibited by law.
Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
All promotions associated with Starwood Preferred Guest® are subject to the general terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, which are subject to change without notice. Full terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program can be found at www.spg.com.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Gold, EVA Diamond
Can this be stacked with the 1000,2000,3000 promotion? I would hate to have this override it... Useful find either way!
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by melampus83
Can this be stacked with the 1000,2000,3000 promotion? I would hate to have this override it... Useful find either way!
Not sure about the combining but this promo seems to be valid at Sheratons worldwide whereas the 1000,2000,3000 promo was supposed to be limited to North American properties was it not? And this promo doesn't seem to say the stays need be at the same property
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Good find. I'll have some 2-night stays at the end of the month; I'll report what happens in early March.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Boy, where did you unearth this one?!? Looks like it kicked off last fall, but this is the first we've seen of it.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Not sure about the combining but this promo seems to be valid at Sheratons worldwide whereas the 1000,2000,3000 promo was supposed to be limited to North American properties was it not? And this promo doesn't seem to say the stays need be at the same property
stacks just fine:
Earn +3000 02/09/2008 PAN-REGIN.CORP TRANS.3K (Q1C)
Earn +1000 02/09/2008 UP TO 3,000 PTS 1ST STAY-LSS
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by richiezc
stacks just fine:
Earn +3000 02/09/2008 PAN-REGIN.CORP TRANS.3K (Q1C)
Earn +1000 02/09/2008 UP TO 3,000 PTS 1ST STAY-LSS
AWESOME! I went ahead and signed up for it. Free 3k points for my upcoming 3 stays.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
I wonder if it can be combined with Q1 promo?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by snufl
I wonder if it can be combined with Q1 promo?
My question exactly - if so, I'll be making some changes to my stay plans....
Old Feb 11, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Good grab..Thank you!!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 5:43 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I wouldn't count on it to stack 100% of the time...

Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change.
Register, stay, count blessings if it does, but don't count on it in every instance.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Register, stay, count blessings if it does, but don't count on it in every instance.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Er... Any chance we can get clarification? I much prefer my 4000 points for 3 stays instead of getting 3000 points for my 3 stays
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Great find. Perfect for a couple of upcoming two-night stays this month. Thanks, OP! ^
Old Feb 11, 2008, 8:48 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by melampus83
Er... Any chance we can get clarification? I much prefer my 4000 points for 3 stays instead of getting 3000 points for my 3 stays
Nope, I'm done as far as speculation goes. I am sure you might be able to understand why.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Boy, where did you unearth this one?!? Looks like it kicked off last fall, but this is the first we've seen of it.

Just goes to show that despite the collective conniving of countless Flyertalkers Starwood can still keep some things secret!

I think I clicked on a Sheraton banner ad on a Latin American travel agency website which took me to a Sheraton Latin America website. From there to an offers page which mentioned SPG,bonus points and something about American Express in Portuguese or Spanish. The link from there took me to this offer and I have no idea where American Express came in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.