Community
Wiki Posts
Search

element Las Vegas Summerlin opens Dec 2008

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
SPG.com is now showing this property as a cat. 4. Interestingly, the $59 BAR for 12/19 is gone and the BAR is now $89. Still doesn't seem worthy of a cat. 4, but I suppose it's a bit early for me to get judgemental...
Old Oct 7, 2008, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I just booked a night there in December as part of my market research into the Element brand. I'm definitely looking forward to my stay.

If anyone gets there before late December, please post your impressions, and I will do the same.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Vanishing Reservation...

I'll be staying here Friday night and will report back after the weekend.

I noticed that my reservation disappeared from SPG.com last week. The last time that happened to be was at the aLoft Rogers-Bentonville during opening week and the hotel had no record of my reservation when I arrived. Not wanting a repeat performance of that, I called SPG to sort things out before my arrival, but they had trouble finding my reservation as well. The CSR tried calling the element, but couldn't reach anyone (they don't open until Thursday). I ended up e-mailing the CSR my confirmation and she checked with a supervisor who was able to find my reservation in another computer system (whatever that means). She told me to be sure to take a copy of my confirmation just in case. Should be interesting...
Old Dec 15, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
As I live down the street, I will try to pop in tonight and post my impressions.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Lurker-any info on this property?

I also have a ressie there for next week.not showing up on my SPG profile-hope they open on time.
I do have a print out of the confirmation email.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Starpicks Rate $92

December 18-28; January 1, 3, 4
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:49 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Rates are pretty high

For an opening rate,and in a market that is at its absolute lowest occupancy rates between 12/15(after the Rodeo leaves town)and 12/30(New years celebrations)I think the rates here are pretty unrealistic given current market conditions.

Also=this is a limited service property,a nice one to be sure-but not a great destination hotel.Yet there rates are more than many of the strip properties for midweek stays

But they will discover that for themselves I guess.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 9:39 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I also have a ressie there for next week.not showing up on my SPG profile-hope they open on time.
I do have a print out of the confirmation email.
I don't have any special advisories regarding reservations at this property; however, it is likely that they have undergone a property systems integration recently.

I would call the Customer Contact Center to see if there is a record of your reservation in Starwood's proprietary database. Then ask the Platinum Concierge associate to call the hotel to see if they are seeing the same. If not, then I'm sure that the Platinum Concierge associate will be able to sort it out for them.

By all means, bring your confirmation letter at check-in as a fail-safe measure.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.