Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood Hotels Hawaii Timeshare Presentation Deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Hotels Hawaii Timeshare Presentation Deal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: A.A Korean, JAL, Delta,
Darn!!! Now I feel bad. I was only treated well. I got on offers for attending the sales pitch ( even tho I did not have to attend ). No miles ot Spg50 cert.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Does this still exist? Someone I work with got an offer for orlando, recieved decent amount of starpoints as well free stay? but wound up paying for more spg points because he didn't know better and doesn't really "play" the game

thanks,
Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:45 pm

offer still on in Hawaii

Just received similar offer by email a few days ago. $798 for 5 nights, 5,000 spg points and $185 Avis credit voucher.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:52 pm

that would be an awesome offer if i could somehow get it
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lenny851
that would be an awesome offer if i could somehow get it
PM coming your way in a few minutes.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:20 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
WOW... a great deal indeed!

Originally Posted by AlaninPS
Just received similar offer by email a few days ago. $798 for 5 nights, 5,000 spg points and $185 Avis credit voucher.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:55 pm

If someone could send me an owner referral for an SVO offer on Maui, that would be great. PM me please. Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:23 pm

I am interested for week of: January 22 to 29, 2016 can you do a referral?

Originally Posted by yoshapman
So I was informed on tripadvisor that there is a Hawaii Timeshare Presentation deal where you can stay at a Starwood Hotel for 5 nights with $175 Avis Car Credit and $100 Resort Credit for $650, so long as you go to a presentation. I would love to take advantage, and was wondering if anyone knew if there was a link online or a specific code to mention when calling. I remember seeing something a little while back but it said you had to be from certain states, and I am from NY, one of the states that wasn't on there. I am planning on going to Maui sometime between Aug 24-Aug 31 of this year. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:14 am

Hi Dujvari!

Is your timeshare in Oahu or Maui? I'm looking for an opportunity to attend in Oahu next month.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Marms Lejo
Hi Dujvari!

Is your timeshare in Oahu or Maui? I'm looking for an opportunity to attend in Oahu next month.
In Hawaii, Starwood (Vistana) only has timeshares in Maui and Kauai.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Starwood, Marriott Rewards
I did this last year. I got a flyer in the mail, (thought) I'd read it closely to confirm that no timeshare presentation was required, and signed up.

When I got there, after checking in I was immediately sent to a representative who asked me what time I wanted to reserve for the presentation. I was pretty confused about it, and it was awkward, so I signed up for the least intrusive time I could think of.

Showed up at the appropriate time, and immediately explained that I wasn't interested in buying in. The kid (mid-20s) was eager, and I think he thought he could sway me. The tour took something like 90min, and every step of the way, my response was some variation of "This looks great. Thank you, but I'm not interested".

Last part of the presentation is when they sit you down and write a bunch of numbers on the board, telling you how great a deal you're getting (lol), etc. The kid brought in the sales manager, who did the whole "OK, what would you like to sign up for?" thing. For the millionth time, I told them I wasn't interested, but this time I (offhandedly) added that I told the woman at checkin that I wasn't interested either. The smile disappears from the sales manager's face. She says "She was supposed to tell you this wasn't mandatory". Gets up and walks out. No handshake, no goodbye, nothing.

So essentially, I told everyone I wasn't interested every step of the way, and was ignored. When it finally got to the end and it didn't go their way, I was kicked to the curb.

Thing is, I'd probably do it again if I was given the opportunity. I'd just be adamant that I wasn't interested in the presentation, and then go an enjoy Maui.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

Is this only available through mailer or open to all?
Old May 17, 2018, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Is this only available through mailer or open to all?

Open to all.

http://www.vistana.com/request-information
Old May 17, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Thanks!
Old May 17, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I submitted a request couple months ago. They did contact me but said they do not give out that kind of offers.

Originally Posted by controller1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.