Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:07 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by yosithezet
My office is in Shibuya but I like riding the trains. My wife is mostly interested in relaxing with a book and swimming.
The Sheraton has a good pool (additional charge, at least on my rate plan) and a lovely, quiet garden with huge trees behind it -- I considered sitting there to read, but a fantastic city was calling my name from outside the hotel. The subway ride from Shibuya involves a transfer (Shibuya > Meguro on JR Yamanote, then Meguro > Shirokanedai on either the Mita or Namboku lines) but is a brief 20? minutes and naturally very efficient.

Shirokanedai is technically the closest subway station, but Shirokane-Takanawa is about one block further; usually a better choice if headed east towards Ginza, etc.

Last edited by paytonc; Apr 22, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Old May 8, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by yosithezet
It looks like my wife and I may be spending 6-7 weeks in Tokyo this summer. Although a serviced apartment might make sense I won't find it easy to earn points or miles that way. So, how good/bad would it be to stay at this property for some/most of that time? My office is in Shibuya but I like riding the trains. My wife is mostly interested in relaxing with a book and swimming. A property with a lounge would be better of course but the Westin is too far above what a serviced apartment would cost. Any comments are appreciated.
I like this property. But there are no 2 room suites AFAIK.
Your benefits will be nice with the excellent Plat recognition.
From that location you are within striking distance by cab to just about anywhere you need to go or get back from.
There is a shuttle bus to/from the train and subway stations. Although both are walkable especially if you're looking for a bit of exercise on a humid Tokyo summer day.
Without this "stay/trip" will you requalify for Platinum?
How many points are you giving up going serviced apts? Something like 30K I'd imagine.

Cheers,

Scho
Old May 20, 2008, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
If I use Sheraton Miyako as a base hotel, how far away is it to Westin Tokyo, Sheraton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton Yokohoma?

Any suggested transport routes to take?
Old May 20, 2008, 9:15 pm

Only good mattress run there is Westin.

Yokohama and Tokyo Bay (a little further) will be roughly an hour by train if you know where you are going.

Cheers,

Scho
Old May 29, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC Gold
Only one close by is Westin Tokyo.
I stayed at both this past weekend, i prefer the westin because i can walk to Ebisu on the JR Yamanote line, and get everywhere superfast.

From the Sheraton Miyako, you have to take one Tokyo Metro subway from Shirokanedai to Meguro (one station) and then from Meguro you take the JR Yamanote to Ebisu (one or two stations). The total travel time from one to another (including walks to and from subway/train stations) should not take you more than 30 mins.

My $ .02
Old Jun 20, 2008, 1:16 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Andrew14302
As a Plat, received complimentary cooked breakfast each morning for 2 in the hotel restaurant and had access to their lobby lounge for unlimited drinks from 10am-8pm each day of my visit. The drink menu included premium beverages (12 year old scotch is not normally included as a complimentary beverage) as well as well as cocktails. Very nice touch and treatment of a Plat guest to provide this all day benefit. The room was standard size but internet service was no additional charge and there was an in room safe.
Can any PLTs speak to the upgrade chances and what the rooms look like (really no suites??)? I'm using points for a stay soon and am debating the Sheraton vs. Westin Tokyo. Since there are 3 of us, my concern is I'll be stuck in a small room with 2 twin beds.

And is the location of the Sheraton really worse compared to the Westin? We'll be coming from Nara and then leaving to NRT; while in Tokyo, we'll be doing the usual touristy/ clubby activities (we're 26-28 yo) -- convenient location is important.

Thanks!

1Konsultant
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:18 pm

1500 yen to Roppingi by Cab.
Request a King.
Really no 2 room suites.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by 1Konsultant
Can any PLTs speak to the upgrade chances and what the rooms look like (really no suites??)? I'm using points for a stay soon and am debating the Sheraton vs. Westin Tokyo. Since there are 3 of us, my concern is I'll be stuck in a small room with 2 twin beds.

And is the location of the Sheraton really worse compared to the Westin? We'll be coming from Nara and then leaving to NRT; while in Tokyo, we'll be doing the usual touristy/ clubby activities (we're 26-28 yo) -- convenient location is important.

Thanks!

1Konsultant
I've stayed at both the Westin and Miyoko recently as PLAT. The Miyako upgrade I got last was to a "deluxe" corner room with a king bed. Ok for 1-2 but still pretty small. 3 people would be pretty tight.

I stayed at the Westin a few months back and got upgraded to a corner room on exec floor. It was 25% bigger than the Miyako room. I would say it was about the size of a standard room at most Westin's in the US. You could probably do 3 people in this room if you are family/close-friends.

Unfortunately the Westin tends to run 2X more for revenue room rates. The best PLAT benefit at Miyako is an open bar in the main lobby bar from 11am-8pm.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
pool (gym ??)access for plats.

I notice that a lot of hotels in Tokyo charge for access to use the pool/spa/gym.
Does anybody here know if Pool/gym access is a part of the plat-recognition package at the Sheraton Miyako ?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:49 am

Recently stayed at the sheraton miyako tokyo and wanted to report on the platinum benefits. No upgrade to a suite. They do offer either breakfast in the downstairs restaurant or via room service (listed as continental breakfast only) as a platinum benefit. I had breakfast in the restaurant and there was a choice of 4 meals, one of them Japanese style. Health Club access is included as well as a platinum benefit. From 10 am to 8 pm they offer unlimited drinks in the 1st floor lobby lounge. It is quite a nice lounge with a good view of an outside garden. The drinks included are pretty extensive but don't include the entire menu. Here's what's included (based on the menu picture I took 9/2008):

Coffee
Coffe
Latte
Espresso
Cappuccino
Cocoa

Tea
Tea (Darjeeling Assam Earl Grey)
Royal Milk Tea
Herb Tea (Chamomile Rose Hips Vervienne)
Monkey Picked Tekkannon

Soft Drink
Ice Latte (Coffe Strawberry Green Tea)
Orange Juice
Grapefruit Juice
Lemon Squash
Coca Cola or Diet Coke
Ginger Ale (Canada Dry or Willkinson)
Perrier
VOSS Mineral water (sparkling or still)

Japanese Tea
Iced Green Tea

Cocktails
Gin Tonic (Gin Base)
Salty Dog (Vodka Base)
Cuba Libre (Rum Base)
Requila Sunrise (Tequila Base)

Whiskies
Laphroaig 10 years old (Islay Malt)
1 W Harper 12 years old
Canadian Club Classic 12 years old

Sherry & Porto
Tio Pepe
Sandeman Ruby Porto

Wine by the Glass
White or Red

Beer
Draft Beer (Yebisu or Kirin)
Sapporo Super Clear (Low-Alcohol Beer)

Shouchu & Sake
Zanpa (Shouchu)
Mogure (Shouchu)
Kanehachi (Shouchu)
Sanjuurokuninshu

Overall I felt the hotel was nice and would return next time I'm in Tokyo.

Last edited by greg999; Sep 24, 2008 at 6:50 am Reason: added info re health club
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Originally Posted by greg999
Recently stayed at the sheraton miyako tokyo and wanted to report on the platinum benefits.

Overall I felt the hotel was nice and would return next time I'm in Tokyo.
thanks , very informative and useful for me
Old Sep 24, 2008, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by greg999
Recently stayed at the sheraton miyako tokyo and wanted to report on the platinum benefits. No upgrade to a suite. They do offer either breakfast in the downstairs restaurant or via room service (listed as continental breakfast only) as a platinum benefit. I had breakfast in the restaurant and there was a choice of 4 meals, one of them Japanese style. Health Club access is included as well as a platinum benefit. From 10 am to 8 pm they offer unlimited drinks in the 1st floor lobby lounge. It is quite a nice lounge with a good view of an outside garden.
Their 4 breakfast options include two kinds of Japanese (one is traditional and the other is "macrobiotic" - natto/brown rice, etc), fruit/yogurt/juice, and hot American breakfast.

Also, they give you a teddy bear every night for Platinums. Yes, new one for every single night and I stayed there for months this year.

Their complimentary shuttle bus takes you to (1) JR Shinagawa and (2) JR Meguro station. (1) Shinagawa bus runs only in the morning between 7:30am and 10:00am - just one way to the station and no pick-up from Shinagawa to the hotel. (2) Meguro bus runs every 15 min or so and it's for both to/from the station. Also it drops you off at Shiroganedai subway station on the way upon request.

Their concierge staff members are great - very knowledgeable and they gave me good restaurant recommendations in the hood.

There are two PCs with printers right next to the front desk which anyone can use for free.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:11 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Have just finished a 4 night stay here and was very happy with the platinum recognition.Was definitely upgraded to a higher floor and a larger room looking at the room map.The place was full.
Previous posters have set out the benefits in detail.They do also give you free access to the health club.
Breakfast is limited.The hot dish is 2 eggs(fried,scrambled or as a plain omelette),2 pieces bacon and a potato gem.Adequate though.The lobby bar benefit is really good.
With the free shuttle to Meguro you can access anyway by train-just study the JR and subway maps.Also you can catch the shuttle at night and there is a collection of restaurants on top of Atme1(where the shuttle drops you).
We are Iron Chef fans so on this stay went to chen's restaurant(iron chef chinese) the next day for lunch arranged by the concierge.She was able to get us a table for 2 at La Rochelle in Shibuya(iron chef french Sakai) the night after even though it was booked out for the month-by the way the meal there was fantastic.
Next door to the Sheraton-but up the hill and around the corner is the Happo-en gardens.Typical Japanese style.Down the road is an Art museum with surrounding gardens as well.
A very enjoyable stay.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
Stayed here twice this year, once in January, once in May. Both times as a gold so no upgrades. Both times my room was smallish but the proportions seemed perfect. Everything new and shiny and very tastefully done. Bedding and bed both great - even better than SGS in BKK. Their free web access should be copied by all hotels in the SPG chain. Concierge ladies are fantastic. Extremely helpful and organised (pre prepared maps for everything). They also ran around to find me some cuff links on my first stay - ended up borrowing them from the night manager. If that's not enough, they're good looking as well. Garden is very pretty and location was fine for my meetings - whether via shuttle service to the train or just grabbing a taxi direct. The lobby lounge area is very nice, comfy seating, muted lighting, good snacks and an excellent pair of modern jazz (I assume) guitarists playing the nights I've been there.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:45 am

Both the Sheraton Miyako and Westin are well kept hotels and I would recommend either, however, I prefer the Westin as the JR line is more convenient than taking the Sheraton shuttle to the subway station. The Westin is located in an area where a recently built shopping center provides for alternative dining and shopping options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.