Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Your first stay experience with legacy SPG since the merger on the 18th August...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your first stay experience with legacy SPG since the merger on the 18th August...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW

We all know that the IT of Marriott is currently a total mess...nights missing, Ambassador not even bothering to reply properly to email, status not showing as it should be..not sure I want to link my accounts as yet. But the end game is, how are properties treating us since the infamous merge is official?

I have so far checked-in twice since the 20th, and I made sure I spoke to the Front Desk manager each time to understand which info do they hold on us so far...and what are the changes. Even if my online status is not correct, it is correct with each property.

First hotel was the Sheraton Presidente San Salvador. Very nice upgrade to a suite....nothing special beside it, top staff! The Front Desk manager had no idea of what was going to happen for Green choice, so so far...no change. Let see if those points do show up.

Than came yesterday the Aloft San Jose Costa Rica. Wow, I didn't expect that. Spoke to the front desk manager. She confirmed me, they have now way easier access to our info. Shows exact loyalty level straight on, and shows also my preference pointed last year in the Ambassador survey. Went to room, it's an Aloft without suite, so got the best run of the house. She also mentioned to me that I'm their first Ambassador with LT status since the merge to check in. The room was full of goodies, one of the best celebration ever. They just treated me big time...and it time I show out in the lobby, checking if I need something. What a place and a team! They too keep the current green choice point level (250x3) for the moment. Great!

So, so far, so good! Seems properties have now way easier access to our information. Shows also they know clearly between PP+Ambassador, PP and P...even with LTP which is now back to showing! Sadly for me, from next year, it will only be PP and LTP...

Really curious now on what is Green choice going to become on the SPG legacy properties...let see...

Sorry, try to upload pictures...but doesn't seem to work for me...
zap7 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
They gave me the card holder with "platinum elite", I told them I'm platinum elite premier with ambassador... they told me "we have holders for platinum elite premier but really don't know to who to give them". So I did a course of MR status to the whole front desk )) They had the training but forget the status because "it's really a mess and complication".
Patience is king here ))

Received the MAGC coupons... 500 MR... as expected (-
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm at a nice Sheraton where I'm somewhat of a regular, although I haven't seen any front desk people I know. I was preupgraded will in advance and the standard suite upgrade did stick (although I had emailed the confirmation to me showing the suite despite knowing that this might not help at check in).

At check in, I asked how they saw my status and the answer was Plat, which would be SPG LTP. The correct answer would have been PPwithAmb (as well as LTPP from my MR LTP) which shows correctly on both of my linked but not merged accounts.

However, the mention of key card envelopes above in this thread caused me to check. I was given a SPG one (but with all three logos on the back) that says "Silver Elite" without the standard "you've been upgraded" little paper added.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm at a nice Sheraton where I'm somewhat of a regular, although I haven't seen any front desk people I know. I was preupgraded will in advance and the standard suite upgrade did stick (although I had emailed the confirmation to me showing the suite despite knowing that this might not help at check in).

At check in, I asked how they saw my status and the answer was Plat, which would be SPG LTP. The correct answer would have been PPwithAmb (as well as LTPP from my MR LTP) which shows correctly on both of my linked but not merged accounts.

However, the mention of key card envelopes above in this thread caused me to check. I was given a SPG one (but with all three logos on the back) that says "Silver Elite" without the standard "you've been upgraded" little paper added.
as i understood it will be the norm. No more cover for upgrade.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I asked another Sheraton front desk employee today and she told me that she can see my PPwithAmb (from the MR side) status by knowing where to look, although she was nevertheless very confused about the linking versus merging. She also told me that the hotel was tediously searching for new SPG account numbers using email addresses of all known arriving elites. It sounds like it's been a frustrating mess for SPG properties.

I didn't hear anything similar from Marriott staff, who said that everything was going well (and noted that their systems aren't changing).

Staff at both hotels hadn't heard about the stuff we're experiencing, including not being able to access accounts or merge them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.