Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2014, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
POSTING FORMAT

Hotel: Full Hotel Name
SPG Lifetime Gold - YES OR NO
Paid Stay OR BRG Stay OR Award Stay - (# nights)
Date: Month Year
Booked: Room Type
Upgraded to: Room Type (# category upgrade)
When Upgraded: Before check-in OR Upon check-in

Take it to the next level as a Gold member and enjoy all the benefits of Preferred membership, plus:

Earn three Starpoints® for every U.S. dollar spent on eligible stays — a 50% bonus over Preferred.

4p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and conference center hotels.

An upgrade to an enhanced room at check-in — corner room, higher floor, or better view.

Your choice of welcome gift upon arrival - choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary premium in-room internet or a beverage on us.
Complimentary in-room, premium Internet access when you book on SPG digital channels. This is in addition to your welcome gift.

Register to earn one Starpoint per dollar spent with Delta Crossover Rewards™ on eligible Delta flights.

New! Your World Rewards ™ with SPG and Emirates Skywards®: Register to earn one Starpoint per dollar on eligible Emirates® flights.

Earn one Starpoint for every US$2 in eligible revenue2 when you book a group for any occasion, business or pleasure. From weddings to meetings to family reunions.
Go Gold — for life. Achieve 250 eligible nights total and five years of elite status, and you’ll earn SPG® Lifetime™ Gold status.

Register and earn with Uber®. Earn 1 Starpoint per U.S. dollar spent with Uber every day, and 3 Starpoints per U.S. dollar spent with Uber during your stays with SPG.
Print Wikipost

Report Your Gold Upgrade Successes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Cwillyg2 - how was the Sheraton Safari? I am looking at staying there mid December and have heard really mixed reviews. You can PM me or post in the hotel thread if you don't want to hijack this thread too much. Thanks!!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was in the Sheraton Toronto Centre and the Sheraton Fallsview in Niagra over the weekend. It was my first Starwood stay ever having been comped to SPG Gold on the back of being BA Gold.

No upgrade at the Toronto Centre hotel largely due to a full hotel as the Grey Cup was being played for this weekend but a nice upgrade at the Fallsview without asking upto a room with a Jacuzzi bath etc... specifically mentioned that I had been upgraded due to my status.

Am off to Malta of a tier point run to retain BA Gold this weekend, spending a night at the Westin Dragonara, will see how that goes but so far so good with Starwood.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Upgraded at the Westin Dragonara resort, Malta last night on arrival. Booked cheapest online rate, upgraded on arrival to an Executive Suite as an SPG Gold etc.... 4pm check-out no problems either ^

I don't stay many nights at hotels a year, not compared to the amount of weekends i'm away anyway and more often than not would probably choose a Hilton but got comped to SPG Gold due to being BA Gold. Figured i'd give SPG a go 3 different hotels, 2 upgrades, 3 late check-outs nothing has been a problem.

Never mentioned, or shown my card. Reception have always noted my details are in the system. At the fallsview hotel in Niagra and the Westin Dragonara upgraded without asking, or hinting.

My father was Comped to HH Gold due to AMEX and used to have to ask about space available upgrades, they were never offered. Everytime he asked an upgrade was available which is good, but its nice to have it offered up front.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 9:38 pm

Okay better late than never. End of August, thru Labor Day weekend
4points Vancouver Airport On an award. Corner Room on top floor. (Not a suite, but after all, it was a 4points) Jacuzzi in the Bathroom under a window.

Sheraton Anchorage. First night, Award night, Upgraded to Club Floor

Week later back at the Sheraton Anchorage. Priceline night. 14th floor Preferred guest floor.

No complaints.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:10 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
On a paid stay, was upgraded to the Darling Harbour View Suite on 10th Fl (SPG floor) at the Sydney Four Points hotel last week. Had a welcome bottle of wine and cheese and nut plate ^. 2 room suite - with lounge room and work desk, TV, then sep room with King bed, TV, walk in wardrobe and large bathroom leading off the wardrobe. Balcony with great view of Darling Harbour. Late check out until 4pm ^.

Upgrade - was due to problems with a previous stay at that property. So I am not sure if I would have received this room under normal circumstances of just being Gold and getting an upgrade.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum , Marriott Gold
Sheraton CDG.

Was uppgraded to a Club Room , at CDG.From a cheap non-refundable rate.Lounge access whit free breakfast and afternoon snacks^
Late checkout? , no problem!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Stayed at LM SIN recently. Did NOT receive an upgrade - in fact got the worst room they could find , awful, musty smelly room which I asked to be moved from. Moved to a standard room overlooking Orchard road, nothing special - the hotel needs upgrading badly. Got late check out to 4pm.

Did get complimentary Club lounge access for my troubles ^. That made up for the awful room somewhat.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:57 am

In Buenos Aires - on points, was up-graded to club level once at Sheraton Hotel and Convention Ctre. and once to club level at Libertador from cheapest on-line booking rate.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:08 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Stayed on a Sat nite at Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. Paid for a standard North Tower room, was upgraded to a high floor corner suite. No club access.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:31 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
Upgraded as Gold to a nice room at 4pts Kamloops

included a hottub and fireplace.
Also, very impressed to be addressed by name, etc. - very good recognition by the hotel, very nice folks...
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Upgraded on a Tuesday night from a standard room to an Executive Suite at Westin Bellevue.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Westin Chicago River North

Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2008 - Upgraded to great room on executive floor (16) with access to club on 20th floor.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Upgraded last week to a corner room on the 17th floor in the Tower Wing of the Westin Moanna Surfrider on Waikiki Beach. The room had two balconies with views of both the beach and the city.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 6:52 pm

Report Your Gold Upgrade Successes

I know there is a platinum upgrade success thread, so what about us golds? Where have you been upgraded, what type of room or suite, and any amenities? Do the hotels care about SPG Gold, We'll find out here in this post!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Feb 7, 2008 at 10:27 pm Reason: Merged into existing thread unchanged
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:03 pm

Gold Upgrade

Recently stayed at the 4Points by Sheraton in Miami Beach for 2 nites, using points. Got upgraded to what they call a Jr. Suite, whixh consists (near as I can tell) of a larger room with couch, wet bar, small fridge, and small microwave oven. I am SPG Gold.
Nice hotel, with some (but not all) ocean front rooms. Would go back again.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.