Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: 50% off single award stay promo for Platinum members (50PRG)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: 50% off single award stay promo for Platinum members (50PRG)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
I'm a fairly lite Plat (qualified for the first time this year, with double stays). But I was happy to discover that I was eligible for this promotion, and I switched a previously booked stay to it.

Starwood has been exceptionally generous this past year! I just gave them a rave on the Freddy Awards voting site.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
i knew my account was "tagged" as being eligible for the 50PRG early on yesterday, and now that several other "double stay" Plat qualifiers have posted here i just want to say THANK YOU SPG ^. LUV YA...even more.

after being one of the loudest complainers on the previously closed thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=50POR), i am extremely happy with the current results. i don't know if you had a hand in the change from the original prognostication William, but nonetheless THANK YOU for the terrific news.

i'm very grateful that it was a bonus (NOT an entitlement) for ALL plats THIS time. will know better going forward when "double stay" promos are offered that it may exclude me from possible future bonuses.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: Via 1 Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Oh well, still happy

I just called this morning to verify my four free nights Le Meridian promo.
While I was on the phone, I enquired about the 50 percent off Promo.
Unfortunately it was not showing up in my account.

I too was a first time Platinum member. I did it the normal way with 27 stays, no double stay promos. Though I admit I did stay at some Four Points during the summer. Don't know if they weigh the hotel classes for participation in the promo.

This year, I took advantage of the double stays promo and will be Platinum for 2009 at the end of the month.

Still, I have been very satisified with my level of upgrades I have received in the past 12 months. Montreal being my most travelled destination.

Have a good day
Redstorm
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
...i don't know if you had a hand in the change from the original prognostication William, but nonetheless THANK YOU for the terrific news...
No, the only hand I had in any of this is misunderstanding the message given to me concerning who qualified for it. Talk about being your own worst enemy.

Nevertheless, it was a timely and most enlightening experience for me personally, so it was a lesson well-learned. ^

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by redstorm
...I did it the normal way with 27 stays, no double stay promos...
Doesn't sound kosher to me. You may want to send me your account number so I can take a look.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Doesn't sound kosher to me. You may want to send me your account number so I can take a look.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

I want all of the posters who had less than wonderful things to say about our beloved Starwood lurker to print this out and put in on the front cover over their"Starwood does not love me"folder.
We are blessed to have such a proactive champion for our flyertalk forum-and post such as the above show exactly why.
Thank you for being there for us William-time after time ^
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
after being one of the loudest complainers on the previously closed thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ighlight=50POR), i am extremely happy with the current results. i don't know if you had a hand in the change from the original prognostication William, but nonetheless THANK YOU for the terrific news.

i'm very grateful that it was a bonus (NOT an entitlement) for ALL plats THIS time. will know better going forward when "double stay" promos are offered that it may exclude me from possible future bonuses.

Well said. I was also a "loud complainer" on that thread and I was absolutely delighted to find that this promo is on my account after seeing this thread here last night and calling SPG to confirm.

I was a plat lite with 24 real stays and one double stay. I never faulted William for anything, but I will certainly join the chorus of those thanking him for all that he does (and for the kind note he sent me this morning letting me know this promo was on my account after I had inquired of him about something unrelated yesterday).

As usual, SPG leads the way in terms of customer service and again justifies the fact that it's the only program and brand I have real loyalty to among frequent travel programs of all kinds.

I signed up for the stays count double in December and already have made 4 double counted stays in 08, so I will probably qualify this year as a plat lite. But I won't whine next year if I don't get the 50PRG because of that. Now that I've been warned, I won't take stays count double promos in future, but I'll go ahead and use the one I have now since I've been told I have no way to switch retroactively to one of the other choices I had been offered. If I were allowed to switch, I'd ditch the stays count double one, take the 6,000 points every 4 stays or whatever it was, and just go back to earning plat with 25 unnecessary stays per year as I have been for years now!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: Via 1 Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Thank you William

Thank you for William for looking into it for me.

It has been a long night and day for the Platinum CSRs I bet.

No worries, I sent you my information.

Redstorm
Old Feb 5, 2008, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
^ to Starwood. They seem to be the ONLY hospitality brand out there who actually listens, cares and rewards its most loyal customers ^
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat , AAdvantage Plat
First time Plat and I'm in this promo too.
Thanks SPG.
Thanks William not only for this promotion , when I had doubts and/or problems you always tried to help me.

Regards.
Carlos.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:34 pm

Bravo to Starwood ^ Thank you for doing right by your most loyal members.

Kudo's to William who proves time and time again, he is an asset to Starwood and is by far the best lurker of ANY forum on FT!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: SPG
What is the Le Meridian promo being talked about? Link please. Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by CPRich
I wonder what the odds are of being able to switch a Cat 5 5-night C&P reservation over to points for a property that's sold out.
Yes, it can be done, although it involves "Rack Override" and "don't worry that the reservation will say $679+tax per night, I put notes in the reservation so you won't have to pay it." The old points were put back and the new points deducted, so I'm going to assume I'm good to go.

I saved about 8.4 cents for each additional point, so a nice deal. Thanks SPG ^
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by plead.5th
What is the Le Meridian promo being talked about? Link please. Thanks!
Here is the relevant thread.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
William..I know it rarely happens but...

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
No, the only hand I had in any of this is misunderstanding the message given to me concerning who qualified for it. Talk about being your own worst enemy.

Nevertheless, it was a timely and most enlightening experience for me personally, so it was a lesson well-learned. ^

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
for once I was glad you were mis-informed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.