Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:41 pm

I would agree with worldtraveller73's posting. The food and service were pretty average, which ends up being disappointing given the price/distance/exotic nature of the destination. That being said, the location of LMBB is absolutely stunning, the resort is in good condition, and the OW bungalow was new and nice.
Overall, I would caution travellers from trying to go to Bora Bora on the cheap - you will inevitably end up spending more money than you intended; and this could interfere with your enjoyment if 25 euro cocktails is the type of thing that bothers you.
I'm glad that we did it for our honeymoon - but I doubt we'll return before our 50th anniversary
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:07 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by YULJetSet
I'm glad that we did it for our honeymoon - but I doubt we'll return before our 50th anniversary

That's good news that I'm not the only one that felt this way!!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:35 pm

I'm looking to book an OWB using points and am wondering what other taxes, fees, costs I can expect. Do I pay all the taxes and fees that I see on Starwood's site if I were to make a cash booking (city tax, service charge, tourism tax, vat, boat transfer, turtle donation)?

As far as other costs go, I am seeing XPF 11,760 round trip for the boat transfer from the airport and XPF 2800 for boat shuttle to Vaitape. Anything else I'm missing other than food, drink, tips, excursions?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dcht
I'm looking to book an OWB using points and am wondering what other taxes, fees, costs I can expect. Do I pay all the taxes and fees that I see on Starwood's site if I were to make a cash booking (city tax, service charge, tourism tax, vat, boat transfer, turtle donation)?

As far as other costs go, I am seeing XPF 11,760 round trip for the boat transfer from the airport and XPF 2800 for boat shuttle to Vaitape. Anything else I'm missing other than food, drink, tips, excursions?
If I recall correctly, usually the taxes and fees are covered with a rewards booking. This should be on your summary when you make the reservation.

I doubt that the boat transfer is complimentary on a reward ticket. You can arrive at BOB airport and get a free transfer to the mainland since Air Tahiti pays for the boat shuttle from BOB - land and vice versa. I suppose one could get to the mainland, taxi to the boat shuttle, then take the shuttle from the mainland to the resort under the guise of transferring between resorts but I haven't tried it and don't have that kind of discretionary time in my holidays to want to game the system in order to save $100 or so.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:19 pm

Hi all, just booked an upcoming stay at the LMBB in the Premium End of Pontoon OW Bungalow in early July. Thanks @worldtraveller73 for the amazing trip report!

Couple quick questions-

1) Looking at flight options coming into BOB from MOZ, we can arrive at either 11:30am or 2:30pm. Being a SPG Plat, would it be reasonable to expect an early check-in at around noon? We are only staying two nights, so we want to enjoy as much time as possible on the property.

2) Our departing flight from PPT back to the US is at 11:59pm. Similar to the above question, would a 4pm check-out followed by lingering around the property be a possibility? We were planning on taking the last flight out of BOB to PPT at 7:15pm and just hanging out at PPT until our late night flight.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jrmstr33
Hi all, just booked an upcoming stay at the LMBB in the Premium End of Pontoon OW Bungalow in early July. Thanks @worldtraveller73 for the amazing trip report!

Couple quick questions-

1) Looking at flight options coming into BOB from MOZ, we can arrive at either 11:30am or 2:30pm. Being a SPG Plat, would it be reasonable to expect an early check-in at around noon? We are only staying two nights, so we want to enjoy as much time as possible on the property.

2) Our departing flight from PPT back to the US is at 11:59pm. Similar to the above question, would a 4pm check-out followed by lingering around the property be a possibility? We were planning on taking the last flight out of BOB to PPT at 7:15pm and just hanging out at PPT until our late night flight.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the support.

I think that the challenge is, every single guest that comes through here is attempting to arrive early, and depart late. As a result, the answer may depend wholly on occupancy at the time of your visit. My Your24 requests failed to clear, but we were able to get early access to the room and later access (3PM-ish) departing. I think this is more challenging for you as you have booked the higher room categories, versus a lower category where there are more rooms and people can be upgraded for various reasons (top tier loyalty, service compensation issues etc). You're not likely to be downgraded; as a result it seems to figure there would be less rooms available for occupancy.

Compared to some other resorts that I have visited, the grounds are not that nice. There is no awesome infinity pool or visionary architecture. The views of the mountain are spectacular and swimming under the villa in the fast current are the best parts. However, sitting at the pool or the artificial beach was not a personal highlight of our visit.

If I were arriving early to the property, and was unable to get access to the room, I would attempt to get in the tour at the turtle conversation area and get that "out of the way". MrsWT73 found it pretty interesting.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Thanks for the support.

I think that the challenge is, every single guest that comes through here is attempting to arrive early, and depart late. As a result, the answer may depend wholly on occupancy at the time of your visit. My Your24 requests failed to clear, but we were able to get early access to the room and later access (3PM-ish) departing. I think this is more challenging for you as you have booked the higher room categories, versus a lower category where there are more rooms and people can be upgraded for various reasons (top tier loyalty, service compensation issues etc). You're not likely to be downgraded; as a result it seems to figure there would be less rooms available for occupancy.

Compared to some other resorts that I have visited, the grounds are not that nice. There is no awesome infinity pool or visionary architecture. The views of the mountain are spectacular and swimming under the villa in the fast current are the best parts. However, sitting at the pool or the artificial beach was not a personal highlight of our visit.

If I were arriving early to the property, and was unable to get access to the room, I would attempt to get in the tour at the turtle conversation area and get that "out of the way". MrsWT73 found it pretty interesting.
Thanks for the insight and the tip regarding the turtle tour as a backup. Will update the thread with my experience.
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:13 pm

I was able to book a 5 night stay 240K points total.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Nice, I got 7 for 360 in July
imverge likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by YULJetSet
I would agree with worldtraveller73's posting. The food and service were pretty average, which ends up being disappointing given the price/distance/exotic nature of the destination. That being said, the location of LMBB is absolutely stunning, the resort is in good condition, and the OW bungalow was new and nice.
Overall, I would caution travellers from trying to go to Bora Bora on the cheap - you will inevitably end up spending more money than you intended; and this could interfere with your enjoyment if 25 euro cocktails is the type of thing that bothers you.
thanks for the warning this confirms my impression that this destination is not good for a cheapskate travel hacking leech like me looking to travel on the cheap. I'll keep my points and certificates for less isolated/captive properties with lounges or where it's easier to control my costs (easier to choose when to be cheap or fancy), and go out and eat or drink like a local.

Last edited by MasterGeek; Sep 7, 2018 at 11:41 pm
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by imverge
I was able to book a 5 night stay 240K points total.
Was this for a standard room or an OWB?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:20 am

I booked a 5 night stay in Feb for 240k points. It was a standard room - Classic Bungalow. The OWB was a LOT more (I think 180k per night, or maybe even more, vs 60k if memory serves). Booked through the app, but it's buggy. Sometimes it showed availability, sometimes not, just kept trying.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
I just cancelled two rooms for 5 nights using points in August in case anyone wants to grab them.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Was this for a standard room or an OWB?
Standard
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:22 am

Why it is so hard to find the availability for points? How many points room they have per day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.