Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by DCF
You wouldn't want to.

It's all-suites, so 30,000 Starpoints per night plus $625. But they sell their best rooms directly for around $600 if you ask nicely.

So C+P would just be a way of pouring your poinrts down the toilet when you could get the same price without burning the points. And you'd earn Starpoints!
Great info, DCF thanks. Now to decide if I should burn points at IC rather than pay at SPG.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 12:13 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Just be warned that all French Polynesian hotels absolutely despise having to accept guests on points bookings.

Wages are high - the minimum wage is around 3 times as high as in most US states - so their fixed costs are high, and the formula used by SPG/IC/Hilton for reimbursement of points stays leaves them with a big loss on every night redeemed in the loyalty programs.

Incidentally, if you do go IC, the Moana Beach (or whatever it calls itself) is older and has much less grand rooms than the Thalasso, but the location is a million miles better and it's much more beautiful.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I have stayed once at LMBB (high point requirement for award nights at this property and even much more at the St Regis) and many times at the Thalasso, mostly on points, and was very well treated every time. Over the years, the IC points requirement for award nights increased substantially and the rates of the BOGO nights have also gone up.

I prefer the Thalasso and would not even think about splitting nights with the Moana, but I have heard from several people that some guests prefer the more outdated Moana (very nice large public beach on the other side of the property and freedom to go outside to walk around, to go shopping at grocery stores, to go to restaurants without having to take the shuttle).
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by DCF
You wouldn't want to.

It's all-suites, so 30,000 Starpoints per night plus $625. But they sell their best rooms directly for around $600 if you ask nicely.

So C+P would just be a way of pouring your poinrts down the toilet when you could get the same price without burning the points. And you'd earn Starpoints!
how do you ask that nicely to get that kind of rate?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
During a period of "promotion", I had booked a PILOT CAT7 SUITE 5NTS for 156,000 pts.
Really not a great deal, but it allows us to extend our stay (the rest of it is at the Thalasso).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by ethang801
how do you ask that nicely to get that kind of rate?
I'd like to learn this art as well. I do remember once chatting with the booking manager of the St Regis Bora Bora by phone and she invited us to have breafast each morning, but that was during the worst period of the financial crisis and we found the resort virtually empty when we got there.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:51 pm

I just booked 2 nights at the LM for 274 USD and 15K SPG points per night in the standard OWB. How does my rate compare? Also we are going in 2 weeks and I just booked everything now, do I need to plan out activities etc. in advance or I am ok when I get there to figure things out?

Lastly how do you get from the airport to the hotel?

Thank you
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by awardticket
I just booked 2 nights at the LM for 274 USD and 15K SPG points per night in the standard OWB. How does my rate compare? Also we are going in 2 weeks and I just booked everything now, do I need to plan out activities etc. in advance or I am ok when I get there to figure things out?

Lastly how do you get from the airport to the hotel?

Thank you
Can't comment on the rate but the airport on Bora Bora is on an island (called a mutu) around the main island. The hotel is on a separate mutu so the hotel will have a boat pick you up. Since you only have two days you may want to plan out as some activities may require you to take the shuttle over to the main island (jeep tours, restaurants, diving) most of the boat activities leave from the hotel.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
how did you book cash + p? not available on their site. do you have to call?

Also new promo is 39k points a night, which seems pretty good?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by DCF
Just be warned that all French Polynesian hotels absolutely despise having to accept guests on points bookings.
Not my experience at all at this property. In fact, we were treated VERY well. This was our second stay at this property and the 2nd stay (booked on points) was even better than our first stay (paid stay).

LM Tahiti is another story ....!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:35 am

Any recent reviews from this property? We are having trouble getting the final 2 nights of our stay at an IHG property and I have SPG points to burn.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by UASPG
Not my experience at all at this property. In fact, we were treated VERY well. This was our second stay at this property and the 2nd stay (booked on points) was even better than our first stay (paid stay).

LM Tahiti is another story ....!
Tell us the story? I'm contemplating a trip there.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Tell us the story? I'm contemplating a trip there.
No "story", just a very good treatment for which the Ambassador status might have helped. I don't think that I should reveal the "surprises", as they would be longer be as ..... surprising!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS
How does this place compare to the Intercontinental Thalasso?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ryder1650
How does this place compare to the Intercontinental Thalasso?
I would give this place 8/10 and Intercon 9/10. Not much difference to be honest. See where you get a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.