Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6000 points for 3 stays @ same property

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG plat, Mar plat, Hyatt plat, Amtrak sel+, AA gold, Hilton gold, Hertz Pres Circle
6000 points for 3 stays @ same property

I have received emails from two different hotels that I frequent for this promo - stay 3 times (@ the same hotel), get 6000 points (1k for the 1st stay, 2k for the second, 3k for the third). I was able to register for both of them, which makes me think that they are separate promotions, however the link lists both of the hotels (and others). The two hotels are in different states and I noticed that the very last few characters of the registration pages are different. Any chance that these are really two separate promos?...Has anyone else gotten the same offer for other locations?

Here are the two hotels (so far) and the registration links:

Sheraton Annapolis, MD
https://www.spgpromos.com/Q1Corporat...ter_SI_1266_MD

Sheraton National, Arlington, VA
https://www.spgpromos.com/Q1Corporat...ster_SI_829_VA
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 2cents
I have received emails from two different hotels that I frequent for this promo - stay 3 times (@ the same hotel), get 6000 points (1k for the 1st stay, 2k for the second, 3k for the third). I was able to register for both of them, which makes me think that they are separate promotions, however the link lists both of the hotels (and others). The two hotels are in different states and I noticed that the very last few characters of the registration pages are different. Any chance that these are really two separate promos?...Has anyone else gotten the same offer for other locations?

Here are the two hotels (so far) and the registration links:

Sheraton Annapolis, MD
https://www.spgpromos.com/Q1Corporat...ter_SI_1266_MD

Sheraton National, Arlington, VA
https://www.spgpromos.com/Q1Corporat...ster_SI_829_VA
This is old, and not "two" separate promos... It's the work to live promo... There is a large list of participating properties... I'm actually in my room at the Westin DFW right now enjoying my 2nd stay (2000 points) under this promo
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:40 am

It's not separate promos, but works on multiple hotels. I registered for this last week, and got 1,000 points each on the three hotels I've stayed at this year (Sheraton Baton Rouge, Westin Morristown, W French Quarter) for a total of 3,000 points. Currently on my second stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington, so will see if they credit me 1,000+2,000. Pretty sweet deal, as basically it is a guaranteed additional 1,000 pts (min) per stay!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG plat, Mar plat, Hyatt plat, Amtrak sel+, AA gold, Hilton gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by technique
This is old, and not "two" separate promos... It's the work to live promo...
How "old" is this? I am just now getting the emails and angry if I have been missing out for a while...
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by 2cents
How "old" is this? I am just now getting the emails and angry if I have been missing out for a while...
Over 1 month old... I saw it here in this thread on Dec 15th:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768393
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by technique
Over 1 month old... I saw it here in this thread on Dec 15th:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768393
That's what I get for taking a vacation...

Sorry for the dup post!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cygnus_Chicago
Pretty sweet deal, as basically it is a guaranteed additional 1,000 pts (min) per stay!
Its even Sweeter if like Me you chose the 2-1 Stay credits from the Q1 promo. Not only will I end up at the end of Feb with 22 or 24 Stays accredited (11 or 12 actual stays). But an extra 25k in pts as well.

If Im not targeted for the new 50POR it takes some of the sting out of it. Im sure there will be those who will feel slighted, as they think they should have gotten all 3. The extra pts isnt a promo perse as its open to everyone.

I will say it got me into a few more Hotels then I was planning on, I wasnt intending to requalify for Plat by 3/08, but it doesnt pay not to. 5 stays down , 6 more booked and 1 possible
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:13 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I have registered for this promo too but the bonus points did not post at the same time as the points for the actual stay did. How long after the stay until the bonus points post?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
does this work lets say... assuming here that both properties qualify for the promo

property A - stay and receive 1000 points

then you hit prob B for a stay.. do you receive another 1000 points?

i'm guessing it doesn't count as the 2000 point stay b/c its a different property
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by luxury
I have registered for this promo too but the bonus points did not post at the same time as the points for the actual stay did. How long after the stay until the bonus points post?
What do the T&C say?
http://pacificnorthwest.destinations...2008_NAD_PROMO
Any bonus Starpoints earned will post to the member's account within 4 to 6 weeks after the qualifying stay posts.
Thats what the T&C say, but most likely they will appear earlier.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
does this work lets say... assuming here that both properties qualify for the promo

property A - stay and receive 1000 points

then you hit prob B for a stay.. do you receive another 1000 points?

i'm guessing it doesn't count as the 2000 point stay b/c its a different property
It should, and you're correct. Unless you've already had a stay at either property, during the promotional period.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 6:44 am

I've had two different stays in Jan. so far and both posted within about a week of the stay.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 9:41 am
Suspended

its gets even Sweeter, you can still get the 500 pt bonus for using the Kyosk for checking-in on top of the other bonuses
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by craz
its gets even Sweeter, you can still get the 500 pt bonus for using the Kyosk for checking-in on top of the other bonuses
Hmmm, I didn't know about this... I assume that some starwood hotels have self-service check-in stations and give a 500 point bonus for doing so?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
It should, and you're correct. Unless you've already had a stay at either property, during the promotional period.
yes I had a stay in early jan at prop a and got the 1000

now at prop B and was hoping to get another 1000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.