Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXPIRED: Earn up to Four Free Nights at Le MERIDIEN: redeem by 3/31/09

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
Excellent, William!

Now, where to stay?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
in light of this in the T&C:

Each Free Night Award is good for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and tax.

how does it work with Bora Bora? All rooms are suites and there are no standard rooms. Does it mean that even though Bora Bora is technically eligible for redemption, since there are no standard rooms you can't actually redeem the free nights there? William, can you clarify please?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lerasp
how does it work with Bora Bora? All rooms are suites and there are no standard rooms. Does it mean that even though Bora Bora is technically eligible for redemption, since there are no standard rooms you can't actually redeem the free nights there?
If redemption were disallowed on the basis you mention, then the ads used in this promotion could be classified as deceptive advertising and be of interest to those who wish to pursue the matter using applicable consumer protection laws.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Le Meridien Cambridge?

William,

Any idea if the new Le Meridien Cambridge is participating in this promotion? The property is not listed in the "Participating Properties" page, but the terms and conditions note, "the following hotels do not participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest program...Any stays at these non-participating hotels will not count towards the free nights or it is not possible to redeem the free nights at one of these hotels." Le Meridien Cambridge is not among the properties listed, and does indeed participate in the SPG program, leading one reading the terms & conditions to think the hotel is participating, despite its exclusion from the "Participating Properties" page. The hotel is also participating in the up to 6,000 bonus points promotion.

Thanks!
Merrick
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services / Million Miler, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
I think this is a great question that, obviously, only an FT'er would ever know or think to ask about.

William, we await your reply! (And we assume you're off beating on doors to get to the bottom of this. ^)

Originally Posted by lerasp
in light of this in the T&C:

Each Free Night Award is good for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and tax.

how does it work with Bora Bora? All rooms are suites and there are no standard rooms. Does it mean that even though Bora Bora is technically eligible for redemption, since there are no standard rooms you can't actually redeem the free nights there? William, can you clarify please?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
To clarify the Hotel Eden, Rome, situation. I can earn there but not spend there?

I travel to Rome a lot so this would interest me.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:58 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by u2vox
...William, we await your reply! (And we assume you're off beating on doors to get to the bottom of this. ^)
Well, not exactly beating on doors, but I'm working on getting an answer to the questions that arose over the weekend.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nonsoloinglese
To clarify the Hotel Eden, Rome, situation. I can earn there but not spend there?

I travel to Rome a lot so this would interest me.

Thanks
No, you would be able earn and burn there using this promotion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Two stays done. Four more stays booked for the rest of December. Great promotion!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 7:54 am

cambridge, ma property elig?

not sure if mr sanders was getting back to us on this one but do wantto know if the cambridge, ma property is elig?

thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbrick
not sure if mr sanders was getting back to us on this one but do wantto know if the cambridge, ma property is elig?

thanks!
Yes, my apologies for the delay, but I thought I had answered this previously. Obviously not.

Anyway, Le Meridien Cambridge is participating as is Le Meridien Bora Bora.

Also, as mentioned previously, changes to the Terms and Conditions are still pending due to a black on on web-related changes; however, they should be in place by the first of the year.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 26, 2007, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, my apologies for the delay, but I thought I had answered this previously. Obviously not.

Anyway, Le Meridien Cambridge is participating as is Le Meridien Bora Bora.
Sweet!
Old Dec 26, 2007, 4:34 pm
Community Director Emerita

William, I'm going to try your patience and ask yet another question re Le Meridien Bora Bora.

I've just called Starwood Guest Services to ask about redemption at this property. At first I was told the dates of interest to me were not available, yet revenue rooms were. It turned out that the employee was not familiar with how to book the hotel. She called the hotel directly to better understand their booking policy.

In fact, it is available, at 62.5K points/night. It is high season, so 25K/night. It only has suites, so it is 2x that - and I never got an explanation as to what bumped it from 50K to 62.5K. (This room is available for $622/night, so not a great use of points if that is what I was doing - but I digress.)

Is the room that books for 62.5K points in high season the same room that I can get free with this promotion? And if I hold it with points, can I convert it to an award stay once I earn the free nights?
Old Dec 26, 2007, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
...Is the room that books for 62.5K points in high season the same room that I can get free with this promotion? And if I hold it with points, can I convert it to an award stay once I earn the free nights?
I am told that the suite used for this Le Meridien redemption will be a lagoon-view bungalow. That is the lowest category award suite on the property.

However, I'm going to say that I would not count on being able to convert this from a standard suite award as a special redemption code is going to have to be created to even allow it to happen at all.

I would just wait until I earned the award and do it then. Not what you want to hear I'm sure, but that's my advice.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:00 pm

Hi William,

too late to take advantage of these as ive already been booked for a year staying at LM Bali for 10 nights from 8th of Jan, (depending on London Hethrow strike situation) on Honeymoon. any chance of a special promo ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.