Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore: which Starwood? 2008 on [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Ot it. Already have m reservation se for the SR. Now, on to more pressing issues. Hah.

Is the Bentley airport service worthwhile? How much does it cost exactly? Also, should I expect an upgrade? Currently gold but should be plat by then. Also, it's been noted that it's for a honeymoon
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:23 pm

Glad you picked SR over ST.

Do not stay at the Sheraton Towers. This is my advice to my fellow FTers – take it or leave it but that's what it is. Yes the hotel is sufficient if you are used to staying at the likes of Sheraton Manhattan, Four Pts Miami beach, Westin Casaurina or perhaps Egyptian Sheratons etc. But put next to the other Asian *W properties, the ST is quite simply a disgrace.

As for the upgrade/honeymoon, if you had booked the room @ SR whilst you were still gold, it’s a good idea to call the hotel to ask them to refresh your profile so that it reflects Plat status. You can also get your plat concierge to do this for you once you become one as well. I would also email the hotel about five days prior to your arrival and remind them it is your honeymoon and that any ‘extra attention’ would mean a lot to you. They’ll get the idea…
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I will be staying at the ST on Sunday night using my free night. I picked it over the SR.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Just had two wonderful stays at the St. Regis. Upgraded to a suite one of the two times. Great buffet breakfast for Platinums.

Talking about Singapore taxi drivers, I had one who rated the hotels based on what his passengers said. He said the St. Regis was five (he might have said six) stars. He said people are always disappointed with the Sheraton.

Also, considering the low ratings, the price for the Sheraton is usually fairly high. I used to also stay at the Méridien, but it is not a Starwood any more. May not have been as good as the St. Regis (which is actually a fairly new hotel), but at least it was much less expensive.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Still can't seem to find any info re the Bentley airport service. Price? Worthwhile? What exactly comes with the service besides the obvious car ride?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by ariyo15
Still can't seem to find any info re the Bentley airport service. Price? Worthwhile? What exactly comes with the service besides the obvious car ride?
I guess the ride only.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kitsura
I guess the ride only.
If you're not travelling at a time when there are taxi surcharges (i.e., after midnight or during rush hour), a taxi to the airport isn't much over twenty Singapore dollars. There's a door-to-door shared shuttle for SG$9, the MRT (subway) for about SG$2 (station is several blocks away, in the Ion shopping mall), and a public airport bus stop around the corner (where the Sentosa bus stops). OTOH, the St Regis fleet looks good!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Sheraton Singapore

Trying to book 4 nights at the Sheraton in SIN but not able to get the Z4H/R rates. Anyone knows of a site that will give a special rate at this property?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:54 pm

I can't believe Sheraton has a higher rate than St Regis for weekday next week. Too bad St Regis does not allow C+P redemption on weekdays anymore, but it looks like St Regis has finally established its rates to be lower than Grand Hyatt or even Marriott.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I can't believe Sheraton has a higher rate than St Regis for weekday next week. Too bad St Regis does not allow C+P redemption on weekdays anymore, but it looks like St Regis has finally established its rates to be lower than Grand Hyatt or even Marriott.
Hello broadwayboy,

A number of us left the St Regis a few years ago with the service issues they were having. Try the Valley Wing @ the Shangri La

Luxurious Valley Wing Getaway
From SGD 695 per night
Set amidst 15 acres of lush tropical gardens, treat the family and yourself to a luxurious getaway. Strategically located near the world renowned Orchard Road, guests can enjoy the best of Singapore’s vibrant shopping and entertainment scene and the tranquil retreat of an urban resort - all at once!

This offer includes:

Late checkout at 6pm
Complimentary breakfast at the private Summit Room
Complimentary WiFi broadband internet access
Free two-way airport limousine transfer
Unlimited laundry daily
IDD calls at cost
Free local calls
A 45-minute reflexology massage per adult

This offer is available from 18 May 2011 through 31 Dec 2011
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Delightful Lady
Hello broadwayboy,

A number of us left the St Regis a few years ago with the service issues they were having. Try the Valley Wing @ the Shangri La

+1 for the Valley Wing
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Delightful Lady
Hello broadwayboy,

Luxurious Valley Wing Getaway
From SGD 695 per night
Set amidst 15 acres of lush tropical gardens, treat the family and yourself to a luxurious getaway. Strategically located near the world renowned Orchard Road, guests can enjoy the best of Singapore’s vibrant shopping and entertainment scene and the tranquil retreat of an urban resort - all at once!

This offer includes:

Late checkout at 6pm
Complimentary breakfast at the private Summit Room
Complimentary WiFi broadband internet access
Free two-way airport limousine transfer
Unlimited laundry daily
IDD calls at cost
Free local calls
A 45-minute reflexology massage per adult

This offer is available from 18 May 2011 through 31 Dec 2011
Yes I have been a Shangri La regular as well.
Very consistent stays and will not return to the St Regis
Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Friendly bump... Is there any reason to stay at the Sheraton instead of the St. Regis?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Friendly bump... Is there any reason to stay at the Sheraton instead of the St. Regis?
The room rate??
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Glutton for punishment? The new Westin should be a consideration as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.