Wiki Posts
Search

Falling in the shower

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH DIA, MR, UA 1k
Falling in the shower

I was staying in the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. The hotel is one of the better ones BTW. But this morming, I fell in the shower because the skid resistent stuff was worn off the tub and there wasn't a shower mat. The damage to the shower was that the curtain hooks all broke and my back landed against the toilet.

They comped me breakfast, but I really wanted to pay for breakfast to earn more points.

Has anyone gotten hurt in the same fashion?
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:53 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
That's It?

Originally Posted by GBGFlyer
I was staying in the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. The hotel is one of the better ones BTW. But this morming, I fell in the shower because the skid resistent stuff was worn off the tub and there wasn't a shower mat. The damage to the shower was that the curtain hooks all broke and my back landed against the toilet.

They comped me breakfast, but I really wanted to pay for breakfast to earn more points.

Has anyone gotten hurt in the same fashion?
Fortunately, it hasn't happened to me. Sorry to hear and hope you are all right.

That said, a fall in the shower due to hotel negligence and all they give you is a free breakfast? I just recently had several minor, yet irritating problems, at an airport Sheraton (shuttle, room service, breakfast in restaurant) and they promised to comp the stay (presumably including the subject room service and award "goodwill" SPG points (although that seems to be a moving target from promise to promise to what now seems to have been credited).

While these are different properties, something doesn't seem right.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 5:53 pm
Suspended

well, did you tell them that? if compensation is offered and you prefer something else, tell them.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Something tells me that a simple, "Not that I'm injured, but I think I will take a few pics of the worn-out skid guard on the bottom of the tub..." would have gotten at least your entire stay comped.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Classic. I got hurt and they gave me something but it cost me points. I'm not mocking at all...just saying that you are truly a points hound! Perhaps a personal injury suit...for lifetime Plat!?

I hope you're ok and am not poking at you...it is kind of funny though...the whole points thing.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, if you consider having a terry bathmat on a marble floor sliding and causing me to smash my ribcage in the side of the bathtub, subsequently vomiting blood with a severely-bruised ribcage and not able to turn for a month "the same fashion," then yes. How and when I was going to earn points or get whatever comped was not nearly as much on my mind as "should I get to the ER or should I wait."

It wasn't a Starwood property.

If you are well enough to worry about 30 starpoints, you aren't hurt.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If you are well enough to worry about 30 starpoints, you aren't hurt.
yeah, i kinda thought the same thing. i just said it a little differently. i mean, how many starpoints are you going to bank with breakfast (unless you are at the St. Regis NYC)?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 1:10 am

A few years ago, I received a 10K Starpoints (at another property) because there was no hot water in my room.
I think you got shorted on the points.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH DIA, MR, UA 1k
Starpoints

The bill for breakfast with the wife and 3 kids would have been $53. Plus with the SPG amex, that would have been a lot more than '30 points'.

Being that its going to be close making Plat this year, I didn't want the lose the stay nor did I want to lose any points.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Cool

The bill for breakfast with the wife and 3 kids would have been $53. Plus with the SPG amex, that would have been a lot more than '30 points'.

Being that its going to be close making Plat this year, I didn't want the lose the stay nor did I want to lose any points.

For making Platinum are only the stays and the nights important. The loosing 200, 300 or so Points not.

BTW: 30 or 300 Points is this really important for you?!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
For making Platinum are only the stays and the nights important. The loosing 200, 300 or so Points not.
His point being that if the hotel comp'd his stay, he would not receive stay credit, so that was one of his priorities; the Starpoints being the other.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Wink

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
His point being that if the hotel comp'd his stay, he would not receive stay credit, so that was one of his priorities; the Starpoints being the other.

"They comped me breakfast, but I really wanted to pay for breakfast to earn more points."

The stay even?! I don't know!!!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
When I saw the title , my immediate thought was, 'Not another compensation thread.' Then I decided I was too cynical for my own good. Nope.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:24 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Seriously how can you blame the hotel for the fall? I know the hotels have that sticky stuff, but I dont have that at home, and I haven't fallen. Could it be that you were tired or drunk or something? If I was the hotel I really would't know what to do. Its like saying you cut yourself shaving with the hotel razor?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
...causing me to smash my ribcage ...How and when I was going to earn points or get whatever comped was not nearly as much on my mind as "should I get to the ER or should I wait."
Frankly the OPs self-imposed question seems less weird than yours...

You smashed your rib cage and were asking yourself if you should go to the ER or "wait"...? wait for what? room service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.