Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% bonus on SPG Amex

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
0 for 3.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:04 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
Nada, Zip, Zilch

Oh well....tried all three threads and nothing....will send a letter this morning and see what that brings!
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jzafar
If you look at the bottom of the page where you actually put in the account login info, it says copyright 2006. If it was legit, shouldn't it say 2007?

I'm going to play it safe and send in a letter via mail.
Always good to be cautious about phishing, but I'm not concerned in this case. I didn't have to provide any account info when I enrolled by clicking the link in the email offer to me. I just had to enter the enrollment code contained in that email. The follow-up email that confirmed my enrollment gave the last five numbers of my Amex account.

FWIW, all of the copyright small print in my emails and enrollment page said 2007.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:33 am

SPG 40% More Points

What is the RSVP code for the SPG Card offer of 40% more points?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:34 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
Got the 15%!

This is the first AMEX promotion I have ever been able to get though I only got the 15%. I have had the Starwood AMEX since 2003 and probably average $1K/mo on it through other spending. Well, better than nothing. I assume that it is not retroactive to August 15th. I spent about $700 on it two days ago on Aug. 15th.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by MacMal
What is the RSVP code for the SPG Card offer of 40% more points?
The RSVP code will only work for the person who received the targetted offer. Each RSVP code is linked to user account.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
E-Mail Roll Out?

I know it is only mid-day, but has anyone received new e-mails today (Fri, Aug 17) to enroll in this promotion?

Also, have people been successful in the past in getting promo points from Starwood AMEX if they were not specifically offered the promotion via e-mail or mail? I know some programs will let you "successfully register" for a promo and then never give you the points if you were not targetted. Is that the case with Starwood AMEX?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United 1P; Marriott Silver; Hilton-Silver
Nothing for me. Thanks for the link anyways.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Another whiff for me. I haven't been targeted for a single promo by Amex, even though I use all of my Amex cards consistently and exclusively (unless the vendor doesn't take it, of course). Guess I'm writing a letter
Old Aug 17, 2007, 7:37 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH DIA, MR, UA 1k
Funny, I have 3 SPG AMEX accounts - an old one from 5 years ago, a business one, and they made me get a new one 2 months ago to use express pay (old accounts are in a database that can't use it other than with the key chain thing). Only the old account qualified for the 40%, the others qualified for nothing.

But I did get another 10k for the new account
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:27 am

This is the first time I have been targeted for an offer (25% bonus) and feel that it's about time. I usually charge between $3K to $8K per month.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:28 am

Nothing for me.

I've historically done about $3000/month. The last 4-5 months, that's dropped significantly (a few hundred per month) for various reasons. Not sure that matters, but just another data point.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Typical americanexpress.bomb mumbo jumbo:

We're sorry, the system is unavailable. Please try again.

We're sorry. Our systems are currently unavailable and we are unable to enroll your Card at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest in this bonus Starpoints promotion and for your continued Cardmembership.

To learn more about other Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card offers, please visit
www.americanexpress.com/starwoodspecialoffers.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:42 pm

Got 15%

Thanks for the heads up OP. I got 15% and I average about $2000-3000/month.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Thanks. I Got the 15% on both cards. I also got the 15% a couple of months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.