Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, Virginia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, Virginia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Any updated reports on the property?

I am thinking of this place for a one night stay. Any updated reports?
What's parking like and how much does it cost to park overnight (1800-0800)?

Last edited by legionnaire; May 2, 2017 at 9:49 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I have a one night stay coming up here soon. I'm SPG Gold. Any idea on my chances for an upgrade to a Club room or even just access to the Club Lounge?

Last edited by wired2theworld; Oct 28, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just did a 1-night stay here. Selected this hotel because of proximity to DCA and the fact that Marriott.com lists them as having an airport shuttle.

After checking in, I learned that the airport shuttle is once per hour - and the first one is at 7AM!! DCA, of course, has many scheduled departures earlier than that, including ours today. As far as I'm concerned, any decent airport hotel that advertises a shuttle should at least be able to accommodate regularly scheduled commercial flights out of the airport in question. DCA is eight minutes from the hotel - they could easily have an every-15-minute service by running two buses.

Also, the Club Lounge is closed. According to the front desk, permanently closed. Even though Marriott is still selling Club Lounge Access rooms for $15 more than a regular room. No offer was made for evening appetizers or morning breakfast. We knew we were leaving early so didn't really pursue it. There presumably is a breakfast option for Platinum/Titanium in the restaurant.

Hard product was fine. Rooms recently renovated, clean, nice mattresses. Good location for the airport. Bit of a walk to get to Old Town Alexandria but not too bad. On the plus side, if you don't want to pay the $32/nt for parking, you're far enough outside the core of Old Town that overnight street parking is easy - lots of places within a block of the hotel - just check timing for when you have to pay and when it turns into 2 hour parking.

We got it for a cheap award on a Sunday night. Good if you just want a room in the area. Bad if you expect any shred of actual hospitality.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I might be staying here soon. Poster above me mentions the club lounge is permanently closed. Anybody stay here recently? What is/are the breakfast options for higher elite levels? I don't care as much about the evening stuff but if anybody knows that would be nice, too.

Thanks,
-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.