Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 2:11 am

Just stayed at this hotel via travelzoo rate. Upon checkin, FD asked me if I wanted 500 pts or other options listed above. I chose points. Received upgrade to Jr. Suite (which is like an 1-BR Suite in other hotel. I like this property esp with the price that I paid and the service that I have received. Its very close to the dupont circle so you'll not be bored at night (and there're some pizza joint on Q street that's very good!). Overall the staffs are friendly except the concierge guy. Will followup once I received stay credit/points in my account.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I'm having trouble choosing between this hotel and the Westin City Center. We'll have two infants and being able to walk to site and/or the metro is key. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mikeef
I'm having trouble choosing between this hotel and the Westin City Center. We'll have two infants and being able to walk to site and/or the metro is key. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
The Fairfax, located in the Dupont Circle 'hood, is closer to the Metro. the Westin CC is a 15 walk down M Street then up Conn Ave. to the train.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:17 pm

Sorry guys, been too busy.

My Travelzoo stay did not show up in the account after I checked out so I had to contact customer service for my stay/points to be credited back to me.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I'm staying at this property this weekend. Will report what occurs. In all fairness though, several of my recent stays have not posted (and I have had to call Customer Service) so not sure it's just this hotel right now.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
The Fairfax, located in the Dupont Circle 'hood, is closer to the Metro. the Westin CC is a 15 walk down M Street then up Conn Ave. to the train.

While it is true that the Fairfax is closer to the Metro (about a 4-minute walk), you gave bum advice on the Westin. The nearest Metro to the Westin City Center is McPherson Square (Blue/Orange lines), a 7-minute walk down 15th Street from M Street to I Street NW.

Your directions would have them walk to Dupont Circle on the Red line. The closest Red line station to the Westin is Farragut North (a 10-minute walk), not Dupont Circle (a 15-minute walk).

I live 2 blocks from the Westin and walk to McPherson Square Metro daily.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCBob
While it is true that the Fairfax is closer to the Metro (about a 4-minute walk), you gave bum advice on the Westin. The nearest Metro to the Westin City Center is McPherson Square (Blue/Orange lines), a 7-minute walk down 15th Street from M Street to I Street NW.

Your directions would have them walk to Dupont Circle on the Red line. The closest Red line station to the Westin is Farragut North (a 10-minute walk), not Dupont Circle (a 15-minute walk).

Thanks for the correction.

I gave directions to Dupont, think they were interested staying in that area and using that station and I totally forgot about Farragut.

In any event, I should have pulled up google maps.

Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by DCBob

Thanks! Drinks are on us. I never trust that CE guy, anyway. He's always telling me to call corporate customer service.

Mike
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by mikeef
Thanks! Drinks are on us. I never trust that CE guy, anyway. He's always telling me to call corporate customer service.

Mike
The outrages I have suffered today, will not soon be forgotten!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Gold
My points for a stay with the Travelzoo rate did not automatically post, but all I had to do was wait the 7 days, make a missing stay request on spg.com, and the points were instantly added (within 45 minutes they appeared).
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the input.

I am likely going to contact the hotel and ask to speak to accounting about this -- this is how I resolved it at least for myself last time.

I don't want to wait 7 days esp. with the free nights promo coming up. I want to book those as fast as I can!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Hotel unilaterally changed the Travelzoo rate!

Folks, check your rates online as mine have been increased to $124.00 plus taxes. Hope you have your original confirmation with the $99 rate.

NJ
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:21 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Just checked .... my rate got changed as well.

So totally unacceptable. We will see the response I get from my email.

To do this, and not tell us is unacceptable.

I guess this is just another customer service enhancement.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Folks, check your rates online as mine have been increased to $124.00 plus taxes. Hope you have your original confirmation with the $99 rate.

NJ
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:47 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Gotta love that wonderful, helpful Customer Service response I got back this morning:

"Dear Mr. Harvey,

Thank you for your recent message to Starwood Preferred Guest. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.
I was unable to locate the promotional rate in which you are inquiring about.
However, rates are based on availability at the time of your booking. Availability and room rates change frequently and black out dates do occur.
If the rate you are trying to book is not available at the time of booking, you are always offered the next Best Available Rate at the time of the booking.
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this.

I would also like to invite you to visit our special promotions page to see if you are eligible for any upcoming promotions.

In closing, I was wondering if you'd mind answering a few quick questions about the service you've received today. This will help to ensure that our customer service will continue to meet as well as exceed our guests' needs. Thank you in advance for your participation. I look forward to assisting you in the future!
We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and welcome any further questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. "

Well... that certainly did not answer my question of why a reservation I booked some time ago suddennly had a rate change. SIGH.....
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wharvey
Gotta love that wonderful, helpful Customer Service response I got back this morning:

"Dear Mr. Harvey,

Thank you for your recent message to Starwood Preferred Guest. I welcome this opportunity to assist you.
I was unable to locate the promotional rate in which you are inquiring about.
However, rates are based on availability at the time of your booking. Availability and room rates change frequently and black out dates do occur.
If the rate you are trying to book is not available at the time of booking, you are always offered the next Best Available Rate at the time of the booking.
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this.

I would also like to invite you to visit our special promotions page to see if you are eligible for any upcoming promotions.

In closing, I was wondering if you'd mind answering a few quick questions about the service you've received today. This will help to ensure that our customer service will continue to meet as well as exceed our guests' needs. Thank you in advance for your participation. I look forward to assisting you in the future!
We appreciate your continued loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and welcome any further questions or concerns. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. "

Well... that certainly did not answer my question of why a reservation I booked some time ago suddennly had a rate change. SIGH.....
Just call. I would also send the dynamic duo a PM/email. This situation clearly rests with the property. However, the agent that responded to this email, needs some training/knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.