Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Well, I stayed this property with that Travelzoo rate, but I did not received the stay credit. Instead, I was charged $9.00 for the Minibar,which I did not even touch. Also, the renovation was not completed, which is fine, but I was assigned to the room with no shower knob. I found out that the shower knob is missing after treating my hair with special oil for treatment for a half hour. Then, I had to call the front desk to get other room key and walked down (marched down) the hallway in a Westin bathrobe and a tarban in my head at 8:30am in the morning.
Anyway, I called the hotel this morning to get the stay credit, but I was told this rate is not eligible for the stay credit. Then, I called spg customer service, I was told the same thing, i.e. the rate is not eligible. I have two more stay planned on this property this month, I would like to have solve this soon.
William, can you help this?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fulkerson
Well, I stayed this property with that Travelzoo rate, but I did not received the stay credit. Instead, I was charged $9.00 for the Minibar,which I did not even touch. Also, the renovation was not completed, which is fine, but I was assigned to the room with no shower knob. I found out that the shower knob is missing after treating my hair with special oil for treatment for a half hour. Then, I had to call the front desk to get other room key and walked down (marched down) the hallway in a Westin bathrobe and a tarban in my head at 8:30am in the morning.
Anyway, I called the hotel this morning to get the stay credit, but I was told this rate is not eligible for the stay credit. Then, I called spg customer service, I was told the same thing, i.e. the rate is not eligible. I have two more stay planned on this property this month, I would like to have solve this soon.
William, can you help this?
You booked this on Starwood (spg.com) correct? Call back to customer service it is eligible. Did you read the post above?? William has ensured this rate is set right with the hotel.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 6:21 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
You booked this on Starwood (spg.com) correct? Call back to customer service it is eligible. Did you read the post above?? William has ensured this rate is set right with the hotel.
Well, yes and no. The rate is eligible; however, it appears that the hotel does not have it flagged as such. I've alerted the SPG hotel coordinator about this twice now. If they don't fix it, then I guess that means that they want to keep paying us for posting missing stays that they can't get done on their own.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
If they don't fix it, then I guess that means that they want to keep paying us for posting missing stays that they can't get done on their own.
I wonder if it's cheaper for them to pay for those who complain than pay the normal amount for everyone's stays.
At any rate (pun intended), I'm not impressed with the hotel management if they can't fix things like this. Maybe they should think about that, too--the perception of guests and potential guests.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I wonder if it's cheaper for them to pay for those who complain than pay the normal amount for everyone's stays.
At any rate (pun intended), I'm not impressed with the hotel management if they can't fix things like this. Maybe they should think about that, too--the perception of guests and potential guests.
I doubt that most of the people who had booked via TZO even cared about SPG points.

Sometimes we here miss the big picture -- that most people are ignorant or do not care about FF programs, let alone hotel reward programs.

Also remember colleagues, I reported that I was given a choice of the comp breakfast buffet open to all guests of the hotel or my selection of whatever was on the room service breakfast menu, as the Travelzoo rate supposedly included breakfast to begin with -- at least that is what I was given and what I selected without any charge, whatsoever.

So, for those who have booked that rate -- sadly it has not appeared again, but one can always hope!! -- I would inquire if you would likewise be given that morning option!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:00 am

Programs: CO Plat, Hertz PC, Starwood Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I doubt that most of the people who had booked via TZO even cared about SPG points.

Sometimes we here miss the big picture -- that most people are ignorant or do not care about FF programs, let alone hotel reward programs.

Also remember colleagues, I reported that I was given a choice of the comp breakfast buffet open to all guests of the hotel or my selection of whatever was on the room service breakfast menu, as the Travelzoo rate supposedly included breakfast to begin with -- at least that is what I was given and what I selected without any charge, whatsoever.

So, for those who have booked that rate -- sadly it has not appeared again, but one can always hope!! -- I would inquire if you would likewise be given that morning option!
well, just stayed this past sunday again and the points didn't post again as well (since resolved). This past stay, I actually inquired about the possiblity of getting room service breakfast instead of the buffet as I didn't have that much time in the morning to get to a meeting, but was told that this was separate and was not possible... I'd like to note that I called up from my room, so I'm not sure exactly who I talked to. Did you inquire at the front desk?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:23 am
Suspended

Breakfast was included in the rate. Also, anyone staying in the hotel, on any rate, received free breakfast.

As per my earlier post - see picture - room service could be ordered at a discount. This is not to be confused with ordering room service for free.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:07 pm
Suspended

I guess I was lucky as I got it for free, nada, zip. No service charges, no delivery charges, nothing!!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I guess I was lucky as I got it for free, nada, zip. No service charges, no delivery charges, nothing!!
Definitely. Good for you ^ You lucky [ insert comment ]
Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:31 am

According to the hotel website, renovations are to continue through August 1, 2008. I wonder if they plan to continue giving free breakfasts and 50% off room service?
Old May 31, 2008, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by drjhwang
According to the hotel website, renovations are to continue through August 1, 2008. I wonder if they plan to continue giving free breakfasts and 50% off room service?
I was recently spent a night there.

Yes, breakfast is still free, but its been significantly reduced.

I was upgraded to one of the few "executive suites". They also have extended King rooms, that are larger than a regular king with a seating area, but no division between rooms, but I don't know what they are called.

I think there are only four Executive Suites and they face Mass Avenue.

Rooms now have wireless access.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
any updates? do they still give free breakfast? are the rooms/service getting better?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by monoflight
any updates? do they still give free breakfast? are the rooms/service getting better?

Yes, to free breakfast and improved service as per my last review.

There is still construction with the Mass Ave. wing.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:59 pm

I just booked a night (7/3) at this hotel and got the indulgence package. It includes Breakfast for 2 and Sparkling wine/strawberries.

This is in an executive suite (renovated). Rate was $259 + tax.

If the hotel is giving away breakfast (and i can probably just order the wine/strawberries myself), it seems better sense to just get the same room by itself (186 w/ AAA, 219 w/out) and save some dough?

Also - is the construction on Mass Ave distracting? Taking partner to DC for first time. Choice was between this hotel and the other Westins in town. Thoughts for those who've been here very recently?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCFratboy22
I just booked a night (7/3) at this hotel and got the indulgence package. It includes Breakfast for 2 and Sparkling wine/strawberries.

This is in an executive suite (renovated). Rate was $259 + tax.

If the hotel is giving away breakfast (and i can probably just order the wine/strawberries myself), it seems better sense to just get the same room by itself (186 w/ AAA, 219 w/out) and save some dough?

Also - is the construction on Mass Ave distracting? Taking partner to DC for first time. Choice was between this hotel and the other Westins in town. Thoughts for those who've been here very recently?

My room was next to the Mass Ave. wing and I didn't notice anything. Granted i was there on a weekend, so there might not have been construction. There has never been construction on a weekend that I was there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.