Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by diapickle
you need to put www.americanexpress.com/spgfriends
hahahah so much for trusting links!
ty

and of course it worked! (didnt see where they ask for WHO referred you tho in the online app, but at least now they added the bal transfer thing, which was not there before)
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by diapickle
you need to put www.americanexpress.com/spgfriends
it's a typo, no S
www.americanexpress.com/spgfriend
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Seems fairly specific to Starwood Preferred Guest, so I'll move it to the SPG forum.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz moderator
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: A few
Two cardmember point acrual...

If you and your wife both apply and carry your own SPG Amex, can they both acrue points deposited to the same account (let's say yours), or do they acrue to separate accounts and being at the same address, you just transfer them accordingly?

Cheers,

Adrian

Originally Posted by palex
It's actually
http://www.americanexpress.com/spgfriend
no S at the end
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by cali99boy
i also got the postcard in the mail. I wonder if its targeted
I believe it's targeted ... Mrs. USAFAN got the card, I not.

And yes, there is a typo on the card the correct link is

www.americanexpress.com/spgfriend

..no "s" on the end, as pointed out by palex
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: NWA, AA, UAL, Starwood, Marriott
Thanks for the link. I don't get it yet can you help me? I went to the link but there is no place to enter the referal code that I was given. Does anyone know how I will get credit for the referal?
Josh
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:41 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
If you and your wife both apply and carry your own SPG Amex, can they both acrue points deposited to the same account (let's say yours), or do they acrue to separate accounts and being at the same address, you just transfer them accordingly?
The latter. Fortunately, Starwood makes it easy to move points from one account to another when you have the same physical address.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:49 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
William, can you confirm for us whether this offer is targeted or not? I have a few people I'd like to refer, but I don't know whether I'm not targeted or if I just haven't received the mailing yet (I usually get mailed offers a week or more after they're first mentioned on flyertalk).
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zlc
Just got this in the mail today, not sure whether its targeted or not.

"Refer up to 4 friends to apply for the SPG Amex card, for each successful referral, you get 5000 SPG points, the friend gets 10,000 points after first purchase, no fee first year, offer expires 1/22/2007"

Seems like much better than the 6,000 first use offer out there.

Anyone else received this?
I didn't get anything I have referred 6 new successful SPG AMEX (business and personal) applications/cards within the past 2-4 weeks.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA 0.7MM
Where do you enter the info of the person that referred you? I don't see it on the application form.

Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by sithjedi333
Where do you enter the info of the person that referred you? I don't see it on the application form.

Thanks.
It works like this:

When you are invited, you got a card with four cards attached to give to your friend, family ... Each card has the "UNIQUE ID = XXXXXXXXXX" printed printed on it.

When you go to the website it says

Unique ID: Please enter the 10- digit Unique ID found on the front of your postcard

I guess, that answers also Helena Handbaskets' question - NO card - No Unique ID - No Starpoints

This Unique ID: will tell Starwood who is the Card member who referred!
Old Nov 24, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
i received a similar postcard this week with the same criteria to be met to refer 4 persons, but it was for Hilton HHonors 20k points
Old Nov 24, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: A few
Thanks SD, that's what I thought. Not a big prob, hopefully I just get the letter now so I can move forward with it.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The latter. Fortunately, Starwood makes it easy to move points from one account to another when you have the same physical address.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by ashcroftj1
i received a similar postcard this week with the same criteria to be met to refer 4 persons, but it was for Hilton HHonors 20k points
That Hilton Amex offer is not nearly as rich considering an HH point is worth only abut 25% of what an SPG point is worth............
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
The cards for my daughter and me arrived in the mail today...we each have separate *wood Amex accounts. I wonder if she can refer me and vice-versa.

An excellent feature of this offer that bears repeating, is that there is no fee for the first year ($30 per year after that).

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Nov 25, 2006 at 10:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.