Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm about 10 days out from my statement close, and I haven't gotten my SPG points. Anyone in the same boat? Usually it's three days or less from the statement close date.
I've had this happen on a few occasions & seen it attested by others on FT. Unless you have an immediate need for the points, I'd sit tight for now. If the points still haven't posted 15 days after statement close, you should squawk.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, SPG-Plat100, Marriott-Plat
Need a referral !!! Can someone PM me plz?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:09 pm

deleted

Last edited by beltway; Jul 2, 2012 at 3:28 pm
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, SPG-Plat100, Marriott-Plat
Originally Posted by beltway
YHPM
Got it... Thanks..

Everyone - Plz no more PMs !!!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wannabeupintheair
Just edit your post or delete it so people don't see it anymore.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wannabeupintheair
I searched this thread but am still a little unclear on the following: if signing up for the card (personal) through an existing cardholder, does the new cardholder receive any additional benefits, or does the referral bonus only impact the refer-er?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by CBS9000
I searched this thread but am still a little unclear on the following: if signing up for the card (personal) through an existing cardholder, does the new cardholder receive any additional benefits, or does the referral bonus only impact the refer-er?
The new cardholder gets the exact same bennies they would've gotten, it just throws a bone at the refer-er as a referral bonus.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by DavidAL
The new cardholder gets the exact same bennies they would've gotten, it just throws a bone at the refer-er as a referral bonus.
That's not always true; in some cases, the referred offers are less beneficial to the applicant than other offers for which no referral is available. An honest referrer will disclose that fact.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:27 am

see the 25k offer ends 7/8. was hoping they would go to 30k next like last year. anybody got any info?
want to get a card, but wanted to wait for the 30k offer to come back.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
see the 25k offer ends 7/8. was hoping they would go to 30k next like last year. anybody got any info?
want to get a card, but wanted to wait for the 30k offer to come back.
I think one of the bloggers (FTG?) hinted that Amex said they were planning something. It was fairly vague and veiled, but it struck me as an implication that an SPG Amex deal was coming.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, HGP, FPC
Originally Posted by josephstern
I think one of the bloggers (FTG?) hinted that Amex said they were planning something. It was fairly vague and veiled, but it struck me as an implication that an SPG Amex deal was coming.
I told my friend to wait for Monday also
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:13 pm

IIRC, it has been right around this time the last two years that Amex has rolled out a 30K offer for the SPG cards.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
IIRC, it has been right around this time the last two years that Amex has rolled out a 30K offer for the SPG cards.
Hopefully tomorrow's the day. I'm due for a new card.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Sixt Plat, Avis Prez Club, Hertz Prez Circ, Nat'l EE
Any news?

To those with SPG accounts, are you getting new referral links now that the 7/8 end date has passed? Otherwise, I'll plan to sign up using https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...o?param=param1
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by haarpquake
To those with SPG accounts, are you getting new referral links now that the 7/8 end date has passed? Otherwise, I'll plan to sign up using https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...o?param=param1
YHPM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.