Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Trying to get room rates for Starwood hotels in the Montreal area, and the SET code keeps self populating with the employee discount number (which I am not entitled to). I am getting quoted $57 for Le Centre Sheraton, which should be $169! (Same thing happening for room rates in Toronto area.)
Could you share with us what this SET code is? I would love to get a $57 dollar hotel in Canada!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:19 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Trying to get room rates for Starwood hotels in the Montreal area, and the SET code keeps self populating with the employee discount number (which I am not entitled to). I am getting quoted $57 for Le Centre Sheraton, which should be $169! (Same thing happening for room rates in Toronto area.)
It seems to me that, somehow, the SET number for the Starhot Leisure Rate has found its way onto your SPG account profile. I would call SPG and have them remove it. This isn't a web site issue.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
Could you share with us what this SET code is? I would love to get a $57 dollar hotel in Canada!
It is only going be honored when a letter of introduction from a Starwood HR source is turned in at check-in. Otherwise, you may be paying the RACK rate.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:53 am

A quick post to join in the complaints about having to log in multiple times everytime I go to another page on the site. Worse than the old spg.com.

Safari 2.0.4
MaxOSX 10.4.10
No VPN
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by cranrob
A quick post to join in the complaints about having to log in multiple times everytime I go to another page on the site. Worse than the old spg.com.

Safari 2.0.4
MaxOSX 10.4.10
No VPN
Similar problems using Firefox 2.0.0.5. I can see my upcoming stays, but when I want to access them to change a date, cancel, etc. I am just continually asked for member #, confirm #, etc. And around and around it goes! As far as booking...forget it.

I know nothing about IT, but if it is possible, it seems clear that SPG should just go back to the drawing board with this new site and return to the old SPG.com until the problems are cleared up. Even Windows XP has a System Restore function!

I've had to speak to the Plat Concierge a number of times to do transactions I would ordinarily do online. They did a great job but commented that much of their day was taken up with people calling them only because they couldn't make the website work.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:47 pm

Programs: SPG GLD PLT, AA PLT, Hilton Silver
Ditto.

Please just revert to the old site. This is an absolute mess.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold Preferred Guest
Usability issues

Okay, this is not a bug but is still bothering me. On the old site I could research hotels by region and by category. Doesn't seem to be so easy to do that on the new site.

Also, I can't figure out how to view peak/off-peak dates for each hotel. It was all displayed so nicely on the old site, now I can't figure out how to navigate this new site. And it's not very intuitive at all.

I used to work at AT&T Wireless when we were redesigning their website, and we took the effort to run focus groups to figure out where users got confused and had questions. Why haven't they done that here? It's a nice looking site, but how the f**k do I do anything?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 6:35 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was trying to count stays for the 2F4 promotion, but my old stays on the new site didn't match up with the printouts I made from the old site so I called the PLT desk.

I have what the PLT rep call a unique bug. One of my stays in late June isn't posted, however the coordinating 500 amenity points and the 50% bonus points for that stay are posted. The agent saw and confirmed the stay on her system and even saw it once on the internet, but when she went back to the page it was gone.

She said it was the first time she ever had that happen and reported it to the web desk. It's a shame we have to be so vigilant.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
IE7, Windows 2003 Standard Server. But also see problem with IE6, Windows XP Professional.

Search for hotel with dates from home page. By default it searches for 1 room / 1 adult.
Click on <Redeem Starpoints for Free Nights> next to the hotel.
Choose Book.
I cannot make changes to the top panel's search options, such as # of guests, non-smoking...etc. The only way for me to change from 1 person to 2 people is to go back to the very first search screen and re-do the search.

And then when I'm ready to book, I got -
We're Sorry
The system is temporarily unavailable. For assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S.

Why don't they release a beta version along side, instead of replacing the old ones? Some of the very obvious bug can be caught within days.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold
Logged in and clicked on My Recent Searches.

The result box appears BEHIND the Find Now red box. I can't read the info in it. I can click on it and....well, I don't know if the result is correct, I can't get the window to come up.

I am running Vista and IE...not sure which version, but I know it is a very recent version. :-)
Old Jul 31, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
I have yet to be able to search a specific city by dates-in this case Ft Lauderdale. The city loads from the list, I input my dates and the site just hangs (it says it's loading). This has been going on for a week now. I'm running Firefox.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
I agree with the above posters--The new SPG site is a mess. It's virtually impossible to use. I've gotten numerous error messages. Unable to book rooms on-line (site says none available) but able to book same when calling Platinum line.

Fix the site or lose the business.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
The rate low-high doesn't work for me, at ALL. I get some very high rates initially, and the site seems to be really keen on some type of SET ID number that makes high rates show up for me listed as "chainwide discount."

I like the look, but the functionality needs work.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I have noticed a limitation. When you search for a hotel in a city, it automatically uses your corporate code. So if your corporate rate is not available it shows as no rooms available. In order to check if there is a regular rate room available you have to go to the actual hotel and book it all over again. The option to remove the set code at the beginning doesn't exist>
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
One of the glossy images on the homepage is for the "Starwood Spa Collection".

Click "Learn More"

Crash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.