Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUG Reports thread re: spg.com launched 07.21.07

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2007, 7:33 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
There is still a window where stays do not show up. A stay is not listed anywhere in "My Stays" from midnight?? on the day of the reservation until the stay is posted to the account. Prior to the "new spg.com" fairly recent stays were still shown in the the upcoming stays. This was a little confusing however, but now they do not show up anywhere.

How about another tab? Something like "Recent Stays". There are several reasons for needing this info. E.g. verification of the rate, dates and room type of the current stay. Also if a stay does not get posted to the account this info is needed to get stay credit. There are probably other reasons. This needs to have the
"See Details" link and confirmation number to be useful. This capability was in the old spg.com, although not presented in the best of ways, it was there.

Baby steps ... but it is getting there.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 6, 2007 at 8:14 pm
Old Oct 6, 2007, 7:47 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

I am not sure it this is new with today's release. When using the offer finder and selecting "North America" "United States" the "State/Provence" box is grayed out and cannot be selected. Dates used 10/6 - 10/8 2007. It finds 155 offers, way too many to be useful. Then the "State/Provence" can be used to drill down.

WinXP SP2, Firefox 2.0.0.7
Old Oct 6, 2007, 7:54 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

After the scenario above I changed the "Where->Popular Destinations" to Chicago. The selected dates vanished from the "When"" and "Chicago" vanished from the "Where?".

This feature still needs a lot of work to be useful.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:02 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

When searching the "Offer Finder" by "Promo Code", e.g. P1F, the message is

We're Sorry
There are currently no special offers for what you've requested.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 12:05 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

When trying to book the W Chicago City Center with Senior Discount (AARP) rate https://www.starwoodhotels.com/whote...promotionCode= the SET CODE keeps getting set to 0 and I have to clear it each time. There is no SET CODE in my account. WinXP SP2, IE7 or Firefox 2.0.0.7 has same results

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 6, 2007 at 6:27 pm
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'm not seeing any improvements

Only change I see to the site is the pop-up calendar is now the year 2009.

Took 19 seconds to load after tying in spg.com

Tried again to book an award stay. After logging in 5x it gets me to a confirmation page that I need to accept the terms of, then it gets caught in a loop of asking me to relogin.

Running Safari 2.0.4 2 via Mac OSX 10.4.8

Last edited by ldsant; Oct 6, 2007 at 6:21 pm Reason: bug issues/reports only in this thread
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:05 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

If you enter a "SET/Corporate Acct#" in the "Rate Preferences/Promotion Codes(AAA, SET and more)" pull down menu the SET code vanishes with each "UPDATE ROOM LIST" search. The selection also returns back to the default -- (select preferences)". This is a new bug introduced in today's release.

100% reproducible, WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.7
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:13 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Doing the search using the following URL
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...=&iATANumber=#

After I hit "UPDATE ROOM LIST" the dates revert back to ones I had been searching for previously. Sometimes it also changes to a hotel I recently searched for. Sounds like a cookie problem. This is serious, someone could inadvertently book a wrong date for a stay at the wrong hotel.

WinXP Firefox 2.0.0.7
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:35 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

The search https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...=&iATANumber=# shows "Corporate Rate" under "Rate Description". I had not entered a SET code.

Enough bugs to report for today. They are so easy to find. Didn't anyone bother to test this release.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 7, 2007 at 6:40 am
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Lurker - I have emailed you screenshots showing the promo available through the click through ad but it's not available (expired 09.3.07). Happened today.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
...After I hit "UPDATE ROOM LIST" the dates revert back to ones I had been searching for previously. Sometimes it also changes to a hotel I recently searched for. Sounds like a cookie problem. This is serious, someone could inadvertently book a wrong date for a stay at the wrong hotel.

WinXP Firefox 2.0.0.7
May be browser-specific. I can confirm the problem with (same version of) Firefox - exactly the same symptoms, and not a new issue, have seen it since the new site went up. But I just tried the same search using IE7 and didn't have the problem (although I didn't try all of the other concurrent searches I was doing w/Firefox, so it could easily just be a cookie problem as GF suggests.)
Old Oct 7, 2007, 1:33 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Just can not login the spg.com, system asking to enter the membership number/username over again and again.

Try to make a call to SPG service center and CSR also mentioned that better to check the website later....but it still can search the room rate
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Office : XP/IE6 : Egypt, Find Now : Hangs ("Done, but with errors on page" at the bottom)
This is now working OK.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:39 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Doing the search using the following URL
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...=&iATANumber=#

After I hit "UPDATE ROOM LIST" the dates revert back to ones I had been searching for previously. Sometimes it also changes to a hotel I recently searched for. Sounds like a cookie problem. This is serious, someone could inadvertently book a wrong date for a stay at the wrong hotel.

WinXP Firefox 2.0.0.7
Some additional info. The dates and propertyID were being taken from another window that I had been previously used for searching and was minimized. Having searches open in 2 windows is useful when coordinating stays or comparing rates. it can be a little complicated to keep the parameters separate for each window, but if someone knows what they are doing it can be done. In the URL cited above the propertyID and dates are passed by value, cookies not be used to override them.

As SportsTech mentioned this might not be new to this release, but I have not run into it before.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 7, 2007 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:48 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Past Stays page
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ml?startRow=10
The numbering restarts with 1 on each page. In the example above it should be stay 11.

WinXP SP2, Firefox 2.0.0.7, 100% reproducible if you have more that 10 stays in the past year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.