Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

The NEW spg.com (launched 7/20/07) - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW spg.com (launched 7/20/07) - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
One very bright spot is that you will now be able to track promotional awards that you have earned, complete with the ability to book them online.
Where do we go to track our promotional awards? I can't seem to find it on the new spg.com. Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:08 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Foady
Where do we go to track our promotional awards? I can't seem to find it on the new spg.com. Thanks!
Under "My Account". When you have earned any promotional awards, there will be a heading called "My Earned Awards".

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:30 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Under "My Account". When you have earned any promotional awards, there will be a heading called "My Earned Awards".

[email protected]
I looked at "My Account" and did not find "My Earned Awards" and I know from speaking with a rep this morning I already have 1 Free Weekend from the 2F4 promo. Maybe it's part of the start-up glitch.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wma
I looked at "My Account" and did not find "My Earned Awards" and I know from speaking with a rep this morning I already have 1 Free Weekend from the 2F4 promo. Maybe it's part of the start-up glitch.
That or it may not apply to promotions that were in effect pre-launch or those awards earned before the launch. Just another log on the fire, so-to-speak.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
After a brief visit to the "new" site, I do like the look-and-feel (compared to before). I also noted the slowness of the site (using Mozilla Firiefox). When I tried to book couple of nites in Osaka Japan for Jan 2 - Jan 4 of 2008, I found "No availability. Please search again with new dates." Same message for both properties in this city (Westin Osaka and Sheraton Miyako). Wonder if this is due to New Year and Emporor's Birthday etc.., or is it due to "new" web pages that did not get updated. I tend to think the former since Hilton Osaka showed same (no availability).
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: stawood
Unacceptable

How could the manager of this project release this website in Production? It would not meet even the basic test case for releasing this web site to the production.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Moomba
The new site is horrible to use, visually a mess and is very slow.

I would have to agree. I've tried using 3 different computers. I can't get any of the 3 to work. One causes the computer to lock up completely (browser), one doesn't render the Sign In button...so I can't log in at all. The other won't load the SPG.COM website at all. Oh well...guess I'm going to be calling the Platinum Desk and not using the website at all. This new website should be very embarrasing to Starwood. I can't believe that a company the size of Starwood would have such poor IT performance.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by PMASON
...One causes the computer to lock up completely (browser), one doesn't render the Sign In button...so I can't log in at all. The other won't load the SPG.COM website at all. ...
If the Sign In button does not work, there is also a link above in small type "Sign In."

I found that Firefox has a few problems for me, but Internet Explorer seems OK.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
Is Avenue A | Razorfish the consulting firm responsible for this? I know that they have done much work for Starwoods in the past...
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
One thing I do like is the RSS feed of "Offers" that one can subscribe to. I have been wanting that for a while.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
[/email]
hm, no promotion awards listed under "my account". I still have the "Asia Pacific Mastercard free weekend" pending as well as 2 free weekend nights under the Q3 promo 4/8/12 for 1/2/3 weekend nights.

I guess this feature really is only for new promotions ...

Personally, I am a quite surprised that the new site was launched like this, especially if one could see how Hilton.com bungled their relaunch some weeks ago!? The site certainly has potential - once the bugs are fixed though.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
I will add my name to the list of "not so happy" customers

Not only is the website excruciatingly slow (that is when the computer is not crashing), it does not seem to find my reservations for the next 3 weeks.

Not only do they not show up under my SPG#, I could not even find them using the confirmation number. I had to finally call to make sure they were not lost in the cyberspace during the conversion.

It is a big let down to the hype that was created about "the new spg.com"!
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Post ladies and gentlemen...a word of thanks from Interactive Marketing

Hello SPG.com users and loyal members :

As you all know, this past weekend we launched our initial version of the new SPG.com. We believe the new site has improved the booking process, will help members discover new hotels and destinations, and manage their account more effectively. All of these changes, and more, reflect the great feedback we have received from many of you. Your input during the testing and design of the site played a fundamental role in its new look and the features we developed.

With our initial release, we have noted some issues which many of you have also highlighted for us. While we have fixed many of them, we will continue to monitor the site and make updates. Please expect that throughout the next few days portions of the site will continue to be rolled out, which will improve performance and answer some of your concerns.

We appreciate your patience with us and ask for your continued feedback either here at Flyertalk or from the web site itself. Your participation will ensure we continue the successful launch of the new SPG.com for all members as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

The SPG Interactive Team
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by id9795
Not only is the website excruciatingly slow (that is when the computer is not crashing), it does not seem to find my reservations for the next 3 weeks...
If you, and anyone else out there who is in this same predicament and cannot view their upcoming reservations, would like to help being part of the solution, please send me the following information to the email address below and I will forward it on to the programmers for review.

1) confirmation number(s) or hotel name(s), date(s) of arrival, and last name
2) browser and internet service provider information

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The speed is very slow for this new site. Hopefully this can be addressed? Also maybe a lighter version for mobile users?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.