Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel is closest to the Delhi Intl airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

With a 7am flight, I don't want to be too far away.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Maurya Sheraton
Diplomatic Enclave Sadar Patel Marg New Delhi, 110 021
India Phone (91)(11) 26112233 · Fax (91)(11) 26113333
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
The Sheraton is the closest to the airport, but you'll still need to allow a bit of time to reach the airport because in my experience traffic can be bad. Tip: if you fly late in the evening use the health club at the hotel as there are no lounges with showers at the airport.

Last edited by Pat Plus; Jul 11, 2007 at 2:24 pm
Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by lifeonitsown
Maurya Sheraton
Diplomatic Enclave Sadar Patel Marg New Delhi, 110 021
India Phone (91)(11) 26112233 · Fax (91)(11) 26113333
Seconded.

IME, during the day it takes about 10-15 minutes to the domestic terminal, and about 20-25 minutes to the international from the Maurya. (BTW, the Maurya is now labelled under The Luxury Collection, and the Sheraton part has been dropped. The Sheraton Delhi is now the name for another Starwood hotel in the city.)

FYI: The closest international chain hotel to DEL (especially from the international terminal) is the Radisson. Only about a 5 minute drive between the international terminal and the Radisson.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by stimpy
Presuming you want to get to DEL (international) by 5.30 a.m., the Maurya will be fine as it gets for Starwood hotels. Traffic is usually not bad from Chanakyapuri (i.e., where "The Maurya" is located) to DEL international airport at 4.45 a.m. to 6.30 a.m.

Personally, I'd just go with the Radisson, especially as the Maurya's "Club Lounge" is currently closed for renovation and non-ITC guests are being parked in the non-Club section with no substitute amenities as far as I can tell -- so counting on a noticeable upgrade is a huge gamble, probably a losing one.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:13 am
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do you think the lounge is still closed?

Anyone know what time breakfast begins?

How much time would it take to get to the domestic airport on a Sunday morning...around 730-800am-ish?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC, AA, CO, SPG
Breakfast is usually 7:00am to 10:30am.

Should take at most 30 minutes to the domestic airport at that time of morning, but you just never know for sure. Taxi should run around 200INR, if you can get them to use the meter.

Not actually sure if the "Club Lounge" is still closed; my last stay was in ITC One, and that lounge is certainly open.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 5:52 pm
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thanks for the info bfederi.

Does the hotel offer comp airport pick up for platinums? I thought I'd read that some of these properties do.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC, AA, CO, SPG
I think for many of the Welcomgroup Hotels in India, comp airport pickups are actually provided depending on what type of room you are staying in, and not your spg status (which as noted elsewhere they recognize somewhat haphazardly).

I can't remember offhand which category rooms provided that benefit (it was listed in the guest services directory explicitly, though), but it was not provided for me. Some shopping around of room rates online might reveal the answer, as I think it should be listed in the room description on spg.com.

I had good luck with taxis (though it helps that I speak Hindi), but if you just don't want to hassle with them, the hotel will be more than happy to provide airport transfers for something like USD$15 each way, which is a ripoff by Indian standards, but could be worth it under some circumstances.

Enjoy your trip; it's a very nice hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Closesst SPG property to DEL

Any updates to this?

An international night arrival (9:45p), and a domestic mid-morning (9:35a) departure.

Can view all three (LM, Maurya, Sheraton) on a map, but can't tell what the traffic/roads are like in-between.

Am considering the Radisson as well.

If an SPG prop. vs. Radisson is a 5-min. vs. 45-min. difference in time each way, then sure, the Radisson is likely more practical. But if it's "only" a 15-20 min. drive each way to one of the SPG props, may be worth considering.

Last edited by skye1; Jan 17, 2010 at 2:56 am
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:30 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The Radisson is much closer to the airport and the information in this thread is still accurate.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
The traffic is not too bad very early in the morning or late at night so it does not matter all that much. The Maurya Sheraton is closer than the others but inconsistent. Another option besides the Radisson (which remains the closest of nice hotels) is the new Kempinski at the Ambience Mall in Gurgaon.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by skye1
Any updates to this?

An international night arrival (9:45p), and a domestic mid-morning (9:35a) departure.

Can view all three (LM, Maurya, Sheraton) on a map, but can't tell what the traffic/roads are like in-between.

Am considering the Radisson as well.

If an SPG prop. vs. Radisson is a 5-min. vs. 45-min. difference in time each way, then sure, the Radisson is likely more practical. But if it's "only" a 15-20 min. drive each way to one of the SPG props, may be worth considering.
it your flight lands at 9:45pm then you will probably be out of the airport by 10:30pm (provided your flight lands in time....there is a lot of fog these days)....at that time at night it will not take you more than 20-25 minutes to get to the maurya....but if i were you i would pick the radisson....its 5 minutes from both the domestic & international airport....
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:05 am

I would just stay at the Raddison. I've done both the Sheraton and Radisson. Traffic added about an hour to my drive to the Sheraton the first time. The Radisson is very close, you do not need to worry about traffic from there.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I'm certainly leaning toward the Radisson. Whilst Plat bene's & an extra stay credit or two would be nice, "practical" is as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.