Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Concierge Email: [email protected]

Property Email: [email protected]

SPG INSTANT AWARDS

SPG Participation Policy

There are no standard rooms at this resort; therefore, Starpoint Award reservations must be booked at a higher Starpoint rate through your local customer contact center. Also, since all accommodations are either suites or villas, upgrades for Starwood Preferred Guest members do not apply.

Non-Smoking Policy

The resort is committed to providing guests and associates with an enhanced quality of air and environment by providing 100% non-smoking guest rooms, suites, and villas. Violations of this policy will incur a 250 USD penalty. Designated smoking areas are available in public areas.

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, use of electricity is restricted, and the international airport is closed.

In 2016, Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort, and televisions will not be available. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools and garden areas will still be accessible except for the beach. Only indoor seating will be available at Boneka Restaurant. Gourmand Deli will close at 8pm. King Cole Bar will remain closed.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10.

Print Wikipost

St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Stephem,

how was dinner at St. Regis.
I am going to Bali in Nov and I am still hesitating between St. Regis and Four Seasons. Which one would you recommend?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just returned from the week in Bali and wanted to make a few more comments.

First, I got a PM from lurkerII asking if there was anything he could do to remedy my issues. I should make it clear that there was nothing so significant that it merited any remedy. The things I mentioned are all growing pains typical of a very new property, especially one that aspires to provide the level of service a St Regis does. You cannot really expect it to hit those notes in the initial opening period, at least I am willing to cut slack for that. As the staff figured out my daily routine, things got better. In particular, by the last day there was not a staff person on the property who was not addressing us by name. They picked up that I was out for meetings all day and so did a great job of taking care of my wife each day.

More details from our stay...

The room was very nice, great bed, huge flatscreen, plenty of space. I couldnt fault the room.

We ate at the restaurant down at the beach, sat outside with a full moon and a nice breeze. This is a good spot! The food was french inspired, I wasnt expecting Foie Gras so close to the beach! It was nice small portions, crisp flavors and sauces and I couldnt fault the food or the service. The overall price was quite reasonable, I think mains were about $30US. As with most places in Nusa Dua, wine and liquor was very expensive (and was over 50% of our bill). I have eaten at a number of places in Bali, and next to the Morrocan place we stumbled on through reading the Luxe guide, this was the best overall experience. We ate at Spice the night after and I was not impressed at all. The first night we hit Terrace at Amanusa and I was totally unimpressed by the food (nice location and view though). I ordered a few dishes from the Thai side of the menu and it was tourist Thai.

We had a small issue with St Regis transport one night when we went to Spice. Near the end of our meal, I had the Conrad staff call back the St Regis for a car to pick us up. We had some coffee and by the time we went out to the lobby, the conrad staff told us the St Regis driver had just left, after waiting about 20 minutes. He was as surprised as we were that the driver hadnt waited longer, it wasnt as if he had anywhere else to go! So we had to wait nearly 30 minutes for the driver to come back, we really should have just grabbed a taxi. In Bali, I dont think it is much to ask to have the driver wait for us while we finish our coffee or at least ask the staff to check with us in the restaurant. We got home much later than I wanted this night as a result of this mix up.

The sandwhich shop in the St Regis is a nice place for a light lunch or snack, and again very reasonable. The breakfast is over the top, I had to run in quickly each morning so as to make meetings, but they would whip up whatever I wanted in a few minutes. I found the food at the property to be a good value, both in terms of quality and price, didnt feel captive at all.

The grounds, as mentioned they need to grow in, but the place will be beautiful. It is large, has an interesting layout, with a pool that flows through some of the villas down toward the beach. I dont like the approach from the hotel to the beach, an odd elevated area that has gas torches, but only 2 narrow walkways on the side of it to get to/from the beach. Odd proportions, huge torch area and small walkway.

There are also some issues with workmanship, but in Bali I've yet to see the kind of work you would expect at a premium property. Tile work in particular, some poor caulking in the bathroom, all picky stuff, but I would expect these issues fixed.

The guys at the front gate (security) were annoying. Each day I went out at 7:30am in a suit, waved at them and returned at lunch to briefly check in with my wife, same guys still there. Every single time they made me roll down the window and asked me was I checking in, not was I a guest but was I checking in. I finally blew up at one of the guys and said "no I am here to get an ice cream cone from your snack bar" and "are you serious that you cannot remember the one guy who is staying here who comes and goes in a suit each day?" My taxi driver started laughing and helpfully suggested to the guard that he might want to do a better job of remembering the guests, as there really weren't many of them.

Overall, it was a good value for $400 per night. I have only stayed at a few places in Bali, and nothing that is anything near what the St Regis and competition aims at. So I am probably not a good guy to ask for comparisons. It was twice the price of the Grand Hyatt and worlds better, so if you have this kind of money you wont be disappointed.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Plat upgrade update?

Originally Posted by flo_147
hello,

does anybody know their plat upgrade policy? are villas included?
are there any trip reports out there...?

regards,
flo
I am planning to stay there next week and having some doubts 'cause it's such a new property and all....any Plats received upgrade from St. Regis Bali?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Just returned from St Regis Bali this week-end.
While the resort is a little bare, the service was absolutely fantastic.
The beach restaurant Kayuputi served great food and we had to reason ourselves and stop at 3 deserts order for the 2 of us.
The deli served sandwiched which were prepared on the spot pointing at the fresh ingredient.
The Remede spa was fully booked on Saturday (til midnight) but we managed an indulgence on sunday evening at 1530.
The breakfast was absolute wonder with dishes being circulated in front of you like in a dim sum restaurant. The eggs sunny side up was served with pan-fried foie-gras... Complete indulgence. It was hard to stop and we managed to wobble our way through back to the room.
The resort is fantastic, the pool is great, service could not be faulted. We struggled to find any fault.

To answer an earlier question, despite being Platinum, we were not upgraded in any way. We still managed to ask to visit a villa and these are fab. That is, upgrade or not, we will definitely stay at the villa during our next stay.

Great great property and yes, Tonny is doing a fantastic job, hovering at the reception and making sure that everybody is happy.

Not sure if it is new but there is a fire performance with drums and torch bearer dancing and lighting up the different torches at the reception pond and the torches in the black sand runway leading to the sea.

Very atmospheric while sipping Veuve Cliquot from the bar.

Wow wow wow... what a property. Well done starwood.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 2:46 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm glad to hear that the service level have improved... Going with a group of 20 people on Saturday and staying there for 3 days... Only problem now it seems is the terrorist threat.. hope that would not end up affecting our stay.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 5:33 am

Programs: Skymile Member, Starwood Gold, United Milage Plus Premier,
My husband, 6 month old baby and I are staying for 5 nights for Christmas using points. We are excited about having a relaxing Christmas in Bali so we are considering bring our amah/helper with us. We are in the basic suite and I have some concerns that the room may too small and lack privacy but we might be willing to sacrifice this to have a trusted babysitter each night. We are platinum and I WISH we could be upgraded to the 2 bedroom but I know that I'm dreaming. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts who might have stayed or seen one of the rooms. Would it be strange to put the roll away bed in the foyer? I don't want to leave her at home, no one should spend Christmas alone.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 5:44 am

We stayed in Gardenia villa few weeks ago and it has a helper's bedroom (windowless with twin size bed) and own bathroom.

Will they let you redeem more points for a villa or perhaps offer to pay during check in?

Originally Posted by Burbles
My husband, 6 month old baby and I are staying for 5 nights for Christmas using points. We are excited about having a relaxing Christmas in Bali so we are considering bring our amah/helper with us. We are in the basic suite and I have some concerns that the room may too small and lack privacy but we might be willing to sacrifice this to have a trusted babysitter each night. We are platinum and I WISH we could be upgraded to the 2 bedroom but I know that I'm dreaming. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts who might have stayed or seen one of the rooms. Would it be strange to put the roll away bed in the foyer? I don't want to leave her at home, no one should spend Christmas alone.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 5:57 am

Thanks Broadwayboy. That's a good question; how perfect would that be if they would let us have that room? I called and spoke to reservations a few days ago to get the floorplan of the basic suite. I didn't get the feeling that the gentlemen I spoke to could make those sort of decisions. Who should I try to speak to? I need to buy our tickets tomorrow so I need to decide pretty fast whether or not to take her. I think we have the extra points.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Burbles
Thanks Broadwayboy. That's a good question; how perfect would that be if they would let us have that room? I called and spoke to reservations a few days ago to get the floorplan of the basic suite. I didn't get the feeling that the gentlemen I spoke to could make those sort of decisions. Who should I try to speak to? I need to buy our tickets tomorrow so I need to decide pretty fast whether or not to take her. I think we have the extra points.
Hi Burbles,

It would be easier if you write to the property for such information.

Their published email address is [email protected].

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Dear FTers,

I uploaded some pictures @ flickr and hope u will like it!

St Regis Bali Resort Pool Suite
St Regis Bali Resort Strand Villa

Here's the in suite/villa breakfast menu, for your information @:-)

selections from breakfast menu:

Freshly Squeezed Vitamin Drinks
-apple and celery
-tomato and sweet basil
-carrot
-star fruit with lime syrup
-mango
-orange
-pineapple
-watermelon
-rock melon
-mandarin from Bedugul

Juice and Iced Teas

-tomato
-V8
-cranberry
-signature ice tea
-lemon mint ice tea
-lychee ice tea

Smoothies
-mixed berries
-starwberry
-papaya and lime
-banana
-passion fruit
-apple and connamon

Fruits and Yogurt

-seasonal fruit platter
-apple mash flavoured with vanilla topped with low fat yogurt
-natural low fat yogurt topped with fresh berries

Cereal
-corn flakes
-rolled oats
-wheat bix
-high fiber
-muesli
-oat meal porridge
-full cream milk cold/hot
-low fat milk cold/hot
-sugar
-honey

Breakfast Cheese served with Dried Fruit and Nuts
-brie
-gauda
-emmenthaler
-danish blue
-camembert

Your selection of Pastry and Bakery
-danish
-croissant
-muffin
-hard rolls
-soft rolls
-brioche
-multigrain bread
-rye bread
-white toast

Favourite Presevers
-papaya and lime jam
-roasted banana and cinnamon
-passion fruit and honey
-strawberry
-rasberry
-blueberry
-vegemite
-dark nutella
-butter
-margarine

Farm Eggs with your choice Preparation
-sunny side up
-over easy
-scrambled
-omelet
-benedict
-egg white
-smoked bacon
-breakfast pork sausage
-mini steak
-chorizo sausage
-baked tomato
-red pepper relish
-potato cake
-potato and corn hash

Indonesian Rice Porridge
-ginger and kaffir lime leaf
-shredded chicken
-crunchy fried egg
-kacang mentile

Wonton Noodle Soup
-sweet prawn
-shredded chicken meat
-Chinese mushrooms
-bok choi

Freshly Brewed Coffee
-frenc pressd coffee
-americano
-decaffeinated coffee
-cappuccino
-double espresso
-caffee au late

or

Selection of Tea from Les Frčres Dammann
-earl grey
-english breakfast
-jasmine
-decaffeinated ceylon tea
-chamomile

or

Chocolate
-rich chocolate
-milo

Breakfast is included in the rate, a breakfast surcharge will be applied for all in villa or suite delivery: Villa USD$20 nett / Suite USD$12.50 nett
Old Jan 3, 2009, 8:00 am

Just an update. My husband, baby and I had a great trip using points for Christmas. We were upgraded to a beachview room which was great. The hotel seemed pretty empty; the staff said it was between 50-80% full. Dinner and drinks felt like we had our own private dining. Breakfast was more crowded and gave a better indication how full the hotel was. The banana smoothies in the morning are great; actually breakfast was pretty great! There is a new crazy tax on alcohol in Bali and that is the only big complaint we had. The wine by the glass were just average choices and were expensive. All the alcohol drink prices were crazy and when we did order a mixed drink it was pretty weak. I don't know what the hotel can do about that. The hotel and staff are great though. We had a great trip.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Krisflyer
Underwhelming experience for a Cat 7

Just returned from a five nights' stay at the St Regis. Honestly, it was an underwhelming experience.

As noted by previous guests, the breakfast is once-of-a-kind brilliant; however, I wasn't blown away by the place considering the price that I was paying.

First, the foliage hasn't really grown and taken root yet. So, there's lots of public spaces where there's a young plant in the middle surrounded by the bare soil - no grass. The trees on the beach were rather bare so there wasn't any protection from the sun.

And go figure why the beach chairs were amazingly unadjustable! That meant we couldn't nap fully horizontally. We stayed in a suite, and like all suites are housed separately and farther from the beach, unlike the villas. In order to walk down to the pool/beach, there's basically just two narrow walkways. We were there with our young kids so we can vouch it is not a child-friendly resort either.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:28 pm

Gardenia vs lagoon villa

St Regis has an offer of 650/night where they let you upgrade to a lagoon villa (instead of the gardenia). How different are they? Is it worth the difference.. or pretty minor?
Based on the spg coordinator, they let you upgrade using star points.. not sure how much it would be. Also, anybody know what is the usual conversion ratio offered if paying incidentals with spg points?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by MC_ite
St Regis has an offer of 650/night where they let you upgrade to a lagoon villa (instead of the gardenia). How different are they? Is it worth the difference.. or pretty minor?
Based on the spg coordinator, they let you upgrade using star points.. not sure how much it would be. Also, anybody know what is the usual conversion ratio offered if paying incidentals with spg points?
Any way you can find out how many SPG Points it would take to upgrade? I just booked an SPG50 there at 375 for a St. Regis Suite for mid August, but I'd love to upgrade if I can
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:05 am

Lagoon villa offers direct access to the pool. The set up is almost identical to the Gardenia Villa. When I was there late last year, the landscape was not yet fully developed, so it felt like the Lagoon Villa offered less privacy. Neighbors can sort of see other guests when they're hanging out in the balcony. Maybe it's better now...

Originally Posted by MC_ite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.