Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good News Re: Cash and Points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
Good News Re: Cash and Points

In conversations with the Platinum Preferred Concierge desk over the last 2 days I have been advised on 2 separate occassions that effective June 28th the Cash and Points Program has been extended to cover Category 5 and 6 properties and more importantly in my opinion that participation in the Cash and Points Program will be mandatory for all Category 1 to 6 properties except in Asia where participation will be mandatory for only Category 1 and 2 properties. This apparently means that the old quarterly updates of the past will no longer continue and more importantly the availability of properties has dramatically increased.

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Unless someone at Starwood is having us on.

Care to confirm William?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
This would be great if true - I have some rewards travel coming up that I would definitely like to switch to cash and points. Did he say when they would begin accepting cash and points reservations at all properties?

Unfortunately, I am not too hopeful on this, but you never know :-:
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
June 28, 2007
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:07 am

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
If this happens. Wow. That would be amazing. It really does sound too good to be true... Which probably means it is.

Of course I think this one change if true would probably fix every single persons complaint of program devaluation.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:15 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by traveldog
...Unless someone at Starwood is having us on.

Care to confirm William?
It is changing significantly; however, someone may be having you on a bit regarding how mandatory Cash & Points will be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: starwood plat, delta plat
Dude, spill the beans already! The suspense on this is too much. Just let us know if its worth be excited about or should reasonably be forgotten about....
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Hmmm...I have an awards stay from June 30-July 7...cutting it a little close, but I'll be keeping my eye on this one...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
...Unless someone at Starwood is having us on.

Care to confirm William?
It is changing significantly; however, someone may be having you on a bit regarding how mandatory Cash & Points will be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
They're currently capacity controlled as well as being subject to participation, true? Maybe there will be participation by all but significant cc.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by prosen
Dude, spill the beans already! The suspense on this is too much. Just let us know if its worth be excited about or should reasonably be forgotten about....
My apologies, but I am not ready to "spill the beans" yet. And I wish the good folks at Platinum Concierge had waited a bit as well.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Ah, but William, you just don't get it. If the good folks at Platinum Concierge had waited, we wouldn't have had the chance to bug you with questions, such as...

Will the benefits, whatever they may be once beans are spilled, be confined to platinums? Or will they also be available to those of us occupying the lower levels of the Starwood universe?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Ah, but William, you just don't get it. If the good folks at Platinum Concierge had waited, we wouldn't have had the chance to bug you with questions, such as...

Will the benefits, whatever they may be once beans are spilled, be confined to platinums? Or will they also be available to those of us occupying the lower levels of the Starwood universe?
LOL. They will be open to everyone.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Following up from my initial posting (and admittedly to ramp up the pressure for a full and frank disclosure from our friend William), after I first spoke with Platinum Concierge last night I too had my doubts and so called back this morning to speak to another agent for confirmation. The second agent read verbatim (I assume) the information she had, which confirmed my posting.

For any of you that still have your doubts, the answer may be as close as a phone call to Starwood.

In light of the above, I wonder why our Lurker friend isn't able to be more forthcoming. Is this more about the tease William, you sly bugger, than any requirement you not spill the beans?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:39 pm

...In light of the above, I wonder why William isn't able to be more forthcoming. Is this more about the tease William, you sly bugger, than any requirement you not spill the beans?
Nope, I am just more cautious than most other folks are when it comes to things like this.

I will probably have more to say about this next week; however, at that time, my interpretation of what is happening may or may not not exactly match those of others who have expressed an opinion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Geez... if C&P now covers Cat 5 & 6 props, I'm happy. ^
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:11 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
All Cats and some required level of participation (even if cap controlled) would be a huge plus to the program in light of the devaluation........
They are great value on short stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.