Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Four Points in Norwalk CT (Left SPG July 9, 2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Four Points in Norwalk CT (Left SPG July 9, 2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
$65 was a non-refundable rate -- it could be higher your night, that is the floor, I think.

AAA is about $75 and my corp preferred is about $72 -- but both are 1 day prior fully refundable rates.

Thanks Craz.
Time to call up and see if they'll give me a better rate

... actually mine was $70, so I can't complain.

Last edited by thehowieee; Jul 10, 2009 at 7:14 am
Old Jul 10, 2009, 7:16 am

Before I forget ... request a room far from the elevators; the first night I stayed there I was woken up at 8am and had planned on sleeping in for brunch that day
Old Jul 10, 2009, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
IIRC, there's a diner up the road. Make a right out of the hotel.

NJ, I know a place where you can get a good lunch on Saturday.

Sorry, private joke.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
IIRC, there's a diner up the road. Make a right out of the hotel.

NJ, I know a place where you can get a good lunch on Saturday.

Sorry, private joke.
eggs and legs?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
I'm there now. This is my second stay in the last 6 weeks. Both stays have had problems. I detailed them in the thread about requiring a manager on duty.

Basically, my problems started as minor (broken door, 2 broken AC's) and escalated as the hotel wouldn't give me a new room and both weekends claimed they have no manager on staff until Monday.

IMHO, there's no excuse not to have a manager, to fail to rectify engineering issues in the room or to fail to switch rooms when those issues cannot be fixed.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:05 pm

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2264/dsc7427.jpg
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3971/dsc7417.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1426/dsc7418.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4532/dsc7419f.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/916/dsc7421.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5389/dsc7422.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3051/dsc7423.jpg
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/1576/dsc7424.jpg

Front of hotel from parking lot
4th floor from elevator
and pics from the room

Standard King

Checked in today, and continued over the Throgs Neck Bridge to NY for the night hoping that the bridge would hold together.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the pix! ^
Old Aug 15, 2009, 8:52 am

I just stayed there last night... first room the door was already open when I got there, tried forcing the door closed, it refused. Went downstairs got a new room, comped me a free breakfast. Second room was much better the locks worked, everything was clean and fresh but there was a very odd odor in the room that wasn't too pleasing. Since I was only there for one night for $67 I just sucked it up. The 4P Meriden is a bit better, being a traitor tonight and staying at the former Stamford Westin for about $80 much better value. It's too bad there aren't any quality *woods in CT or in Upstate NY...
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:28 am

Below par

I agree that this property is substandard.

The family & I did a quick overnight here recently in the middle of a long road trip. Although we were on the premises for all of 6.5 hours, I encountered
  • a completely non-working ice machine (had to travel to another floor)
  • broken floor tiles in the elevator (pieces moving crunchily underfoot)
Room decor was bland & tired. Front desk was generally efficient & friendly, although it was a bit weird to have the clerk superfluously announce that my SPG number was on file when the booking was for C&P.

If it weren't for the outdoor (and free) parking in front of the hotel, I would have booked the Holiday Inn in Stamford (for-pay parking w/low indoor ceiling; we had bikes on top of the car). Unless you must be in this rather characterless stretch of Norwalk, skip the Four Points.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Plat
What a dumb

I just checked into the hotel and this place is probably one of the worst SPG properties that I have stayed at. (The other one is the Sheraton in Hartford)

The property is less than 20 miles from the SPG corporate offices, it should be a flagship for the Four Points brand. Instead there are cracked tile in the bathroom, popcorn ceilings, punch mark in the wall and crappy decoration.

I would highly suggest you NOT stay at this hotel. It needs a complete renovation.

Finally, this property is managed by an outside company and has decent business flow from the surrounding business park. So needless to say there probably won't be any restoration going on anytime soon.

Bus Trav Dave
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:12 am
Suspended

It makes me wonder just when the above posters stayed at this property.

True, I was upgraded to a suite on a Friday night because of my Platinum status, but the rooms were quite clean and although some of the furniture was chipped, there was a new desk chair, the carpets were clean, the A/C worked great in both rooms and more to the point for some, there were flat screen TVs in both rooms.

Upon checkout, I praised the staff about the room and specifically inquired if all the rooms now had flat screen TVs and the answer was in the affirmative.

Makes me wonder about the above post.

The lobby was very clean, as well and for those considering it, is is right off the Merritt Parkway/CT 15 and essentially a 10 - 15 min walk to the Merritt 7 train stop on the New Haven Line into and out of NYC for those contemplating a matress run or very cheap accommodations if NYC prices are too high. I believe they also have a shuttle bus.

Contrary to what you have read above, I found this hotel to be both fine and inexpensive. ^
Old Jul 24, 2010, 9:59 am

It makes me wonder just when the above posters stayed at this property.
I was there the night of July 5, 2010; wrote the post above (and a scathing email to SPG as well) the same day I checked out. And I'm generally pretty happy with *Wood properties (as evidenced by my comments in other threads re W-Seattle, W-NYC Union Square, and Le Meridien Vienna).

More power to you if you had a good stay, NJUP. I wish I could say the same, but cannot, alas.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by beltway
I was there the night of July 5, 2010; wrote the post above (and a scathing email to SPG as well) the same day I checked out. And I'm generally pretty happy with *Wood properties (as evidenced by my comments in other threads re W-Seattle, W-NYC Union Square, and Le Meridien Vienna).

More power to you if you had a good stay, NJUP. I wish I could say the same, but cannot, alas.
Sorry to hear. Did they have flat screens in your room at that date?
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear. Did they have flat screens in your room at that date?
Didn't notice, as this was a brief waystation on a long road trip. We rolled in, crashed immediately, and left the premises less than 7 hours later. For all I know, there wasn't a TV at all.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Another Crappy Stay

I've stayed at this property a number of times over the past year visiting family, and it's been fairly underwhelming. The hallways have a pretty bad odor.

The rooms are generally passable, although I've noticed an increased presence of bugs in the rooms I've stayed over the last two months.

Consistent application of benefits and requests is probably my biggest concern.

I've been upgraded some times to 410 or 414, other times not, even though a suite was available on the website for a single night stay when I checked in. Not something that terribly bothers me, as the upgrades at this property aren't necessarily that much better than a normal room.

We waited 90 minutes for bed sheets to cover the pull-out sofa when they didn't bring us a rollaway as we requested when making our reservation. This would have been less of an issue if we hadn't been trying to put our 4-year old daughter to sleep.

Sometimes there are newspapers available in the morning, sometimes not.

I tried to get a late check-out during my most recent stay, as I was attending a family funeral that day before leaving on a late flight. I called down to the front desk, and they denied my request for a late check-out. I reminded them of my Plat status, and they were generous enough to re-deny my request. I asked to speak to a manager, and the girl from the front desk said she'd call me back. About 10 minutes later, she called back and told me they still couldn't honor the request, but would give me some points for my trouble. I hung up and called the Plat line. I explained the situation, and dropped in a reference to the funeral, since I was getting ready to walk out the door. They apologized profusely and told me not to worry, it would be taken care of.

Just as we were walking out of the room, the phone rang again. I answered it, and a gentleman identified himself as the GM. He said he had heard from the Plat desk, apologized for not being able to accommodate my request, and informed me that the late check-out benefit was subject to availability. I pointed him to the section that states only resort and conference center properties, and he still denied my request. I then told him I was leaving my room, and if I could return early I would. But, barring that, I would be checking out at 4pm. He finally acquiesced, telling me he would make an exception.

In summary, I just don't think I'll be able to bring myself to stay here in the future. The rates have been just shy of $200 the last few times I've stayed, so I've had to burn points for a cash and points room. The fitness center is fairly sub-par. The only real draw here is no Hyatt property to earn at in the area. My guess is HGI next time, assuming I need to be back in the area and can't stay with family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.