Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Prince De Galles, Paris, France - Pre-2013 Remodel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince De Galles, Paris, France - Pre-2013 Remodel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta SkyTeam, Marriott Bonvoy
Question New Years Eve Party - Prince De Galle Paris

I am planning on cashing in a ton of SPG points to spend New Years Eve at the Prince De Galle Hotel in Paris, and I was wondering if anyone had information if there was plans for a party/event for the guests at the hotel? It has been very difficult to find out any info. Obviously, it is no big deal if there isn't - I am sure the night life will be amazing.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 6:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Why not just email the property and ask(the email address is listed on the spg website). I guess if I was going to be in Paris on NYE I probably wouldn't be in my hotel though
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:48 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
Any recent stays here?

Hi we are staying here in March and were wondering about upgrades - did do the upgrade to the junior suite with points. What about rooms / beds updated?

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:01 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
I was there in May 07. I was initially upgraded to a two room suite on a 5 night stay. Then after 2 nights we were upgraded to even larger 2 room suite with a walk in closet, entry way, etc.

The Beds and linens were fine, nothing special that I can recall, but nothing bad either. They provided a platinum amenity upon arrival (wine & fruit).

I got a whole spreadsheet on restaurants that were recomended, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
I was there in May 07. I was initially upgraded to a two room suite on a 5 night stay. Then after 2 nights we were upgraded to even larger 2 room suite with a walk in closet, entry way, etc.

The Beds and linens were fine, nothing special that I can recall, but nothing bad either. They provided a platinum amenity upon arrival (wine & fruit).

I got a whole spreadsheet on restaurants that were recomended, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Funny, I woulld have thought the beds/linens at the PdG would be pretty good, given the. high standards of the hotel and the. French sensibillities.

OT, IMO, the Park Tower has among the BEST beds/linens I have encountered, anywhere.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:52 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by nologic
Park Tower has among the BEST beds/linens I have encountered, anywhere.
Where is the Park Tower...London?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Where is the Park Tower...London?
Yes, the SPG Luxury Collection hotel in London.
Old May 18, 2008, 4:24 pm
In memoriam

Prince deGalles Paris - recent stays?

Anybody stayed here recently? Impressions/Experiences? Thanks!
Old May 18, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by ldsant
Anybody stayed here recently? Impressions/Experiences? Thanks!
i did in jan and oct 07. good location, rooms are a bit dated.
Old May 18, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: Northwest, Starwood, Hilton, National Car
Two years back

I stayed at the Prince de Galles two years ago. The location was fantastic and I really liked the old style decor. I stayed using points and was upgraded to a suite.

On the downside, the staff was not very friendly, and the cost of everything was incredibly high. I believe it takes even more points to stay there now.

To summarize, very good hotel in a great location that is overpriced.

Chris
Old May 18, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
stayed back in march 06 when it was still a cat 5. did it on a points stay and had to ask for an upgrade even though the hotel was not even remotely full.

great location, but there is no way would this be worth it now as a cat 7
Old May 19, 2008, 6:02 pm
In memoriam

Thanks guys for the input. I have a stay booked there on points. Special trip (taking my niece to Paris (her first time) as a graduation gift). I stayed there one night about 5 years ago and thought it was lovely so a bit disappointing to hear that it's gone "downhill." Perhaps I should move to the Westin Paris instead?
Old May 20, 2008, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ldsant
Thanks guys for the input. I have a stay booked there on points. Special trip (taking my niece to Paris (her first time) as a graduation gift). I stayed there one night about 5 years ago and thought it was lovely so a bit disappointing to hear that it's gone "downhill." Perhaps I should move to the Westin Paris instead?
Hey there! Would definately take the Westin if you are with "younger" people. I myself am 23 years old, and took my little brother of 14 years old in december and last week to this hotel... Really never again!

They do not seem to like children or people without business suit in this hotel!
Old May 20, 2008, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by RobbertS
Hey there! Would definately take the Westin if you are with "younger" people. I myself am 23 years old, and took my little brother of 14 years old in december and last week to this hotel... Really never again!

They do not seem to like children or people without business suit in this hotel!
That was not our experience. We had 4 children and were treated extremely well. Our suite upgrade was prebooked and simply wonderful. The staff interacted with our children and were very pleasant. We loved the PDG and intentionally went there over the Westin because we'd read that the Westin is more of a business only hotel.
Old May 20, 2008, 6:04 pm
In memoriam

My niece is 17 going on 30 Well I guess we'll just take our chances here and hope it will be nice. After all - it's Paris - how much time do you really spend in the hotel? Thanks for the information all; it is very useful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.